IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Remembering the dead  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remembering the dead

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remembering the dead
    Posted: 21 September 2012 at 7:56pm
Hi. I just want to know a few things about the Muslims. Do they have their own "All Souls' Day" where they commemorate their loved ones who passed away? If none then how will they remember the dead? How will they remember the most important persons of their lives? I'm just wondering. And also, do they have their own cemetery? I haven't seen one yet. Thanks.
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 11:06am
We all remember the dead somehow or the other, the hated and the loved ones. But are those deceased really want to be remembered? It's all about us, not them per se.

But yeah some muslims do have a kind of ceremony in remembering their dead relatives, albeit it is not Islamic injunction. They have 3rd day ceremony, the 7th day, 40th day, the 100th etc. Even the 1000th day too.

Ghazzali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghazzali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2012 at 4:02pm
May peace be on the guided ones. No, muslims don't have a special day where they commemorate the deceased. We can pray for our loved ones any time any day. There is no single day where all muslims are supposed to pray for the deceased. However, muslims generally pray more for their loved ones on days such as Eid, Fridays, Hajj, and during Ramadan.
Yes, muslims have their own cemetery. It's pretty similar to the Christian cemetery, where there are rows and rows of graves.
Hope I satisfied your curiosity.
The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.
aptsrentrebate View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aptsrentrebate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2012 at 9:06pm
Hi! I see this site as an excellent resource for people who'd like to know more about Muslim religion. Thanks Ghazzali for your post. It was really informative.

Alexander Landman
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic