IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - not understaning islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

not understaning islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baran29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: not understaning islam
    Posted: 21 September 2012 at 7:07am
Hi i converted about 7 years ago but never really took islam seriosly.. I need to ask a few questions that bother me

i started to read the quaran and pages and pages and it makes me feel scared some of the verses are not very nice constatly saying the unbvleiver... im sorry i had to stop reading it bcos i couldnt sleep. Im trying to embrace its but its scaring me am i missing something..

also another question..
There is a few radical muslims why.. do they interpert the quaran wrong?

also female circumcition is this a culurtal thing ?

KInd Regards

baran
Ghazzali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghazzali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2012 at 4:25pm
Aassalamualaikum. Strange that you didn't took Islam seriously. Converts are generally very serious about their religion. If you had the courage to accept Islam in the first place (especially after 9/11), I don't see why you should be scared reading the Qur'an. May be you should ask yourself. Is it your conscience that's haunting you in your sleep? Try to find out. The Qur'an is the Furqan, that is it separates the truth from the falsehood. Ask yourself, are you afraid of the truth? Truth is not always very nice. Life is not a bed of roses.
Regarding interpretation, every group will claim that their interpretation is correct. You read the qur'an yourself and make your own decision.
Yes, female circumcision is a cultural thing. There is no law in Islam which says females should have circumcision. Only male circumcision is allowed.

May Allah guide you and give you the courage to accept the truth.
The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic