IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Golden Age of Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Golden Age of Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeddahBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Golden Age of Islam
    Posted: 16 September 2012 at 6:31am
I am deeply saddened by the death of Christopher Stephens.  Did he have something to do with the movie?  Did he endorse it?...It makes me think that I could be killed just for looking Caucasian.  But I don't look that Caucasian and I'm Filipino.  You know, I don't see that happening in Malaysia.  I don't believe it's a perfect country, but that Islamic country has chosen to advance in ways that I truly admire.  I really don't know why other Islamic countries cannot follow suit.  I really don't.  Why? 

It's so amazing that the Abbasid Caliphate strove to acquire all the knowledge in the world whether it was Greek philosophy or Chinese papermaking, regardless if it was non-Islamic.  I don't know why that can't happen again...

Even before that movie came out, instead of channeling all that energy towards progress and development...I guess that's not what we want is it? 
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2012 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by JeddahBoy JeddahBoy wrote:

It's so amazing that the Abbasid Caliphate strove to acquire all the knowledge in the world whether it was Greek philosophy or Chinese papermaking, regardless if it was non-Islamic.  I don't know why that can't happen again...

Even before that movie came out, instead of channeling all that energy towards progress and development...I guess that's not what we want is it? 

It is recorded that Muhammad once said: "If there are two leaders among you, kill one of them". It seems that he saw it coming, and he saw it as the root of the muslims problem.

You know, the Shiah community has always maintain one leader all the time, but would you accept the Ayatullah as your leader?. Hey among all muslims in the world today they are the most techno savvy, as proof beyond the shadow of doubt that their Imamat is working. And their Imams are very pious people when it come to daily life. But the rest of the Sunnis are facing dilemma, a big one too.

There is a saying which I get from a movie, it says: "It is good to be a king". Well Mubarak from Egypt did not want to be left behind, so too the late Gaddafi, and today's Assad in Syria, and Ben Ali in Tunisia, etc etc etc.

To be honest, anyone is fine with me, as long they can proof it. But all of them been there for very long time just accumulating wealth and pose for photos shaking hands here and there, and light hands in killing their people and any people.

The next in line behind Iran when it come to Technological know how supposedly is Pakistan, but the small time Mullahs in the street don't want to be left behind too in tasting: "It is good to be a king". If they are willing to sacrifice a bit of their mini kingship positions, they should be able to move forward even a little, pretty soon. But can they do that? considering "It is good to be a king".
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2012 at 4:02pm

Welcome, JeddahBoy.  Smile

Originally posted by JeddahBoy JeddahBoy wrote:

I am deeply saddened by the death of Christopher Stephens.  Did he have something to do with the movie?  Did he endorse it?...

No and no.  He was killed because of anti-American bigotry and prejudice, or maybe in order to inflame anti-Muslim sentiment in America.  (The two go hand in hand.)  I'm not even sure that the movie had anything to do with it.  According to one speculation, the perpetrators had been planning this murder for some time, and simply took advantage of the chaos of the riots to carry it out.

Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2012 at 4:05pm

Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

It is recorded that Muhammad once said: "If there are two leaders among you, kill one of them". It seems that he saw it coming, and he saw it as the root of the muslims problem.

What do you mean?  How is this the root of the problem?

JeddahBoy View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeddahBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 12:18am

Well Mubarak from Egypt did not want to be left behind, so too the late Gaddafi, and today's Assad in Syria, and Ben Ali in Tunisia, etc etc etc.

To be honest, anyone is fine with me, as long they can proof it. But all of them been there for very long time just accumulating wealth and pose for photos shaking hands here and there, and light hands in killing their people and any people.

That's why it is up to those who are educated to help the rest....even if it's just in little ways...
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

What do you mean?  How is this the root of the problem?

Actually it is not confined to muslims only. The closest one to see in the current democratic system it is called hung parliament, dysfunction. 

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 6:26pm

Actually it is not confined to muslims only. The closest one to see in the current democratic system it is called hung parliament, dysfunction. 

And what does that have to do with the topic?
JustineC View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustineC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2012 at 8:17am
The Golden Age was a period of unrivaled intellectual activity in all fields: science, technology, and (as a result of intensive study of the Islamic faith) literature - particularly biography, history, and linguistics.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic