IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Calling yourself religious....  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Calling yourself religious....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
thomaslee View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomaslee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 7:35pm
If a person calls themselves religious then i get nervous.  If you watch the movie " Kingdom of Heaven "  the knight is talking to Balin and says something about the sins commited in the name of religon.  I believe it is all about a personal relationship with God . Cool
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 8:33pm
Perhaps the individual is simply indicating their practice of Islam, in other words, prayer, fasting, hajj, zakat and other such outward and ritualistic performances.  And not what I'd assume you'd take exception to, that one would declare "emaan" or "righteousness" or "piety" for themselves.
lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 7:04am

Do you think that man has the right to call himself religious? Or is this  a word that should only be confirmed by Allah?

I personally think that if a person calls himself religious then he is really in denial.... I am a aware that my thinking could be wrong as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic