IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - In need of Enlightener  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In need of Enlightener

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghazzali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 3:08pm
Aassalamualaikum sister. Welcome to islam. Iblis asked for respite after he was driven out.
"He said: My Lord! then respite me till the time when they are raised." (15:36)
So, his punishment has been temporarily suspended till the day of judgment. That is why, he was probably able to enter Garden of Edens. Allah knows best.
May Allah increase your knowledge. You don't need anybody's help. Allah is enough for a you. Just be patient.
The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.
Waliya View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waliya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 2:36am
How did Iblis know that Allah was going judge us in the end?
Usmani View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 3:43am
He was there in the skies when Adam(pbuh) was first created by Allah.That is why he said,

[Iblis (Satan)] said: "O my Lord! Because you misled me, I shall indeed adorn the path of error for them (mankind) on the earth, and I shall mislead them all.

He was fully aware of the purpose of creation of human being as angle were aware as well.

Allah wants them to know all this to angles and iblees,no one can know any thing himself if Allah does not wish.This is very important to understad.

Regards,
Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds
Ghazzali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghazzali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 12:10pm
Aassalamualaikum. May be Allah told him before. There is nothing in Quran to suggest that Iblis did not know about the Day of Judgment before he was banished. I don't know why this absurd questions are coming to your mind.b Try to think about meaningful things. Allah knows best.
The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.
mjiqbalkhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjiqbalkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2012 at 7:36am
Welcome to Islam. May Allah help you every step of
the way. All efforts to understand holy Quran will be
immensely rewarded.

Allah created Jinn kind, a species made of smokeless
flame which also had the capacity to change form. Iblis
was a jinn who worshiped Allah for thousands of years.
It is said that there is hardly a space on earth on which
it did not prostrate before Allah. Allah gave him knowledge and strength. When the jinn-kind failed to come up to expectations,Allah decided to punish them for their grave sins. Iblis was instrumental in killing its own kind in the hope that it will become vice-regent of Allah on earth. But when Allah made Adam from clay and asked Iblis and angels to prostrate to him, Iblis got upset and refused. So it fell from grace and was thrown out. It could go to many places because it could change form.

I hope this explains the difficulty.

I am a senior Muslim and you can write to me at [email protected] for any questions.
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2012 at 8:28am
Assalamu alaiki Waliya.

Congratulations!. You have already 90-95% of the knowledge Allah revealed to Muhammad Rasulullah. My advise is to ask the Rabbis about the Torah and get hold of commentary of the Bible by Reverend Matthew Henry.
About the Satan. Allah did not mention when He cretaed create the angels including Satan who is from the jinns. Whatever one says is speculative. One cannot deduce that He cretaed them on the first day when he created light accordding to the Torah Genesis 1. Allah exemplified the importance of knowledge and that Satan had the ability to discriminate- to know good from evil. But he choose evil and has to account for that. On the other hand Adam was tempted having no experience of what is to obey Allah. His attempt to eat the tree was not delibarate. He was forgiven.
I will advise you to forget such details that you will know later. You cannot understand everything at one sitting. What is important is to know how to pray. Please get hold of this book: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1468070444/ref=cm_sw_su_dp.
and follow the instructions carefully.
You are indeed lucky.

Friendship.

Edited by Friendship - 21 September 2012 at 11:09am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic