IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Which type of music do you like to listen  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which type of music do you like to listen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peraly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 6:05am
I love jazz and chill out... lay in the sofa with a shisha... wahhh paradise
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 11:41am
@Abu Loren

How can all music be haram when the Psalms were music written by David?
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

@Abu Loren

How can all music be haram when the Psalms were music written by David?

The Psalms are not supposed to be sung but recited in a way that the Holy Qur'an is recited.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

MUSIC IS HARAM!

Does the Quran say so, or is it from some other source?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 2:58pm
David played the harp, and the Psalms (songs) were written to go with this music. Star
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 3:03pm
When I hear Jewish music it calls to something deep within my soul... an ancient stirring of something deep within me... a calling to my ancestral spirit?  I can feel the same thing when I listen to music from Ireland.  When I listen to Hebrew music the language seems so similar to the sound of the German language... and yet the Germans wanted to exterminate the Jews... ancient brothers?
When I listen to Arab music it sounds so similar to the Jewish celebratory spirit of music... brothers... and yet some want to annihilate the Jews?
We are all interconnected.  We all come from one, and from a same source... it calls to our spirits when we let it.
They say that DNA evidence shows that all of life began in Africa and dispersed from there.
We are all interconnected.
Music can be a great embracer and unifier of spirits... if we let it.  Smile
Music has the power to reach the inner depths of our spirits... to bring out our commonality... if we are willing.

Edited by Caringheart - 10 September 2012 at 3:13pm
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

When I hear Jewish music it calls to something deep within my soul... an ancient stirring of something deep within me... a calling to my ancestral spirit?  I can feel the same thing when I listen to music from Ireland.  When I listen to Hebrew music the language seems so similar to the sound of the German language... and yet the Germans wanted to exterminate the Jews... ancient brothers?
When I listen to Arab music it sounds so similar to the Jewish celebratory spirit of music... brothers... and yet some want to annihilate the Jews?
We are all interconnected.  We all come from one, and from a same source... it calls to our spirits when we let it.
They say that DNA evidence shows that all of life began in Africa and dispersed from there.
We are all interconnected.
Music can be a great embracer and unifier of spirits... if we let it.  Smile
Music has the power to reach the inner depths of our spirits... to bring out our commonality... if we are willing.

Music is from satan and it takes away from the remeberance of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2012 at 2:07am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

MUSIC IS HARAM!

Outdated dogmas are haram.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic