IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Which type of music do you like to listen  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which type of music do you like to listen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which type of music do you like to listen
    Posted: 24 September 2012 at 4:37pm
~ If I give to a needy soul
But don't have love then who is poor
It seems all the poverty
Is found in me

If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love,
I am nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.

If I speak God's Word with power,
revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day,
and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love,
I am nothing.

If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love,
I've gotten nowhere.

So, no matter what I say,
what I believe,
and what I do,
I'm bankrupt without love.
~

Edited by Caringheart - 24 September 2012 at 4:39pm
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

MUSIC IS HARAM!

I think there is better way to put it. How about: "I find it songs distracting me in my devotion to God so I refrain from it".

OR

"I heard that there is a ruling from number of Alims that considered songs as haram, I encouraged you to find out if it is true".

What do you think bro, sound better?
friderik View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Kobieta
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friderik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 2:26am
I especially like to listen to rap, but also ambient music is sometimes a good idea to wind down. Every music has its good numbers, so I try not to limit myself, because compartmentalization does not make sense today.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 3:42am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Music, singing and dancing is very popular throughout the Muslim world. Belly dancing, praticularly comes to mind. Contrary to popular belief, not all muslims are god fearing and pious people. Millions of Muslims are apostate, atheists etc. And millions more do not practice the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh).
If your words are correct then even the earliest Muslims were apostate?� not true believers?It seems according to what you say then, that there are many who call themselves Muslim who are not true believers.It raises an interesting question.So how then does one distinguish an unbeliever?Obviously being a Muslim does not make one automatically a "believer", just as being a Christian, or a Jewish person, does not make one an unbeliever.Yet if Muslims were to come into rule, would they make this distinction?� Would the Muslim unbeliever be treated the same as any other considered to be an unbeliever, or would all Muslims be treated as believers?

[/QUOTE]

If your words are correct then even the earliest Muslims were apostate?� not true believers?

What are you talking about? The earliest true Muslims who believed and followed the Prophet abstained from all forms of music and singing. There were also non-believers who carried on the tradition of music and singing.

It seems according to what you say then, that there are many who call themselves Muslim who are not true believers.

A person who calls himself a Muslim is not automatically a believer, a believer is a person who has submitted him/her self to Allah and implemented the five pillars of Islam in their lives. Also to put simply a Muslim who does not pray five times a day is not technically a Muslim.

It raises an interesting question.So how then does one distinguish an unbeliever?Obviously being a Muslim does not make one automatically a "believer", just as being a Christian, or a Jewish person, does not make one an unbeliever.

I don't know why you have a hard time understanding this. Not everyone who are born into a Christian family are true Christian. A true Christian believes in Jesus and goes church, pray etc. The same in Islam.

I'm not going to answer the Muslim rule rubbish.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, but I just watched a program on the Moors of Spain and music was very much a part of the Islamic culture there.  In fact it was part of the arts which they took pride in.  So why not now?  Why, or when, or how, do you think this tradition changed?  Was it simply a tradition and part of the culture of Spain which the Muslims adopted?

Music, singing and dancing is very popular throughout the Muslim world. Belly dancing, praticularly comes to mind. Contrary to popular belief, not all muslims are god fearing and pious people. Millions of Muslims are apostate, atheists etc. And millions more do not practice the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh).

If your words are correct then even the earliest Muslims were apostate?  not true believers?
It seems according to what you say then, that there are many who call themselves Muslim who are not true believers.

It raises an interesting question.

So how then does one distinguish an unbeliever?

Obviously being a Muslim does not make one automatically a "believer", just as being a Christian, or a Jewish person, does not make one an unbeliever.

Yet if Muslims were to come into rule, would they make this distinction?  Would the Muslim unbeliever be treated the same as any other considered to be an unbeliever, or would all Muslims be treated as believers?

Edited by Caringheart - 13 September 2012 at 8:35pm
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 2:55am

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, but I just watched a program on the Moors of Spain and music was very much a part of the Islamic culture there.  In fact it was part of the arts which they took pride in.  So why not now?  Why, or when, or how, do you think this tradition changed?  Was it simply a tradition and part of the culture of Spain which the Muslims adopted?

chhodapt View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chhodapt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 10:43pm
I usually listen to worship music. Seldom with other types.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 7:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic