IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Call to prayer in a documentary on Palestine.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Call to prayer in a documentary on Palestine.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george.c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Call to prayer in a documentary on Palestine.
    Posted: 21 August 2012 at 1:17pm
Hello, I'm working on some music for a documentary about palestine and the plight of a few Palestinian children. I'm wondering, would it be in accordance with Islamic rules for me to use a recording of the Call To Prayer played over a simple percussive drum pattern for the end credits? Please get back to me ASAP! I'm keen not to offend anyone. Thank you
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 9:20am
played at the end with credits - it will pass completely unnoticed without offending anyone in my estimation.  The adhan (call to prayer) has been integrated into many films in contemporary times without offensive reaction.
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 6:23pm
I don't see anything wrong with it. I heard songs (not famous songs) by muslims that calling Allah or praising the Prophet. But for the extremist anything can be wrong I guess. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic