IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - help  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help
    Posted: 18 August 2012 at 6:55pm
As I am reading the Qur'an I find that I have questions.  One is about this surah

9:30 And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah

Can someone tell be where the Jews make this claim?
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2012 at 4:37am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

As I am reading the Qur'an I find that I have questions.  One is about this surah

9:30 And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah

Can someone tell be where the Jews make this claim?

As'alaamu Alaikkum

Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is All Knowing so even if it's not written down anywhere then we know that the Jews claimed this falsehood just like the Christians who claim that Jesus is the son of god.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2012 at 2:26pm
Has anyone ever checked with a Jewish person, or Rabbi?

Edited by Caringheart - 21 August 2012 at 2:38pm
Ghazzali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghazzali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2012 at 6:41pm
May peace be on the guided ones. Can you prove to me that the Jews never claimed that Ezra is the son of God? They may not claim it nowadays, but it does not mean that they never claimed it. It's like the Church which used to believe that the sun revolves around the earth, but later on changed its views and its current stance is that the earth actually revolves around the sun.
About asking a rabbi, why would the word of a rabbi carry more weight than the word of God?
The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Ghazzali Ghazzali wrote:

May peace be on the guided ones. Can you prove to me that the Jews never claimed that Ezra is the son of God? They may not claim it nowadays, but it does not mean that they never claimed it. It's like the Church which used to believe that the sun revolves around the earth, but later on changed its views and its current stance is that the earth actually revolves around the sun.
About asking a rabbi, why would the word of a rabbi carry more weight than the word of God?

What word of God?  Whose word of God?  The one that comes from Muhammad?

"Can you prove to me that the Jews never claimed that Ezra is the son of God?"
It is not in their scriptures nor I imagine has it ever been seen to be.   (Just as the Christians never said that God, Son and Mary were a trinity.  This was a misconception only of those who could not understand.)

It is the one making the claim that needs to provide the proof.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 6:40am

May peace be on the guided ones. Can you prove to me that the Jews never claimed that Ezra is the son of God? They may not claim it nowadays, but it does not mean that they never claimed it. It's like the Church which used to believe that the sun revolves around the earth, but later on changed its views and its current stance is that the earth actually revolves around the sun.About asking a rabbi, why would the word of a rabbi carry more weight than the word of God?

What word of God?� Whose word of God?� The one that comes from Muhammad?
It is not in their scriptures nor I imagine has it ever been seen to be. � (Just as the Christians never said that God, Son and Mary were a trinity.� This was a misconception only of those who could not understand.)It is the one making the claim that needs to provide the proof.

You are doing it again, you are belittling Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) and his followers. Can you choose your words carefully?
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

May peace be on the guided ones. Can you prove to me that the Jews never claimed that Ezra is the son of God? They may not claim it nowadays, but it does not mean that they never claimed it. It's like the Church which used to believe that the sun revolves around the earth, but later on changed its views and its current stance is that the earth actually revolves around the sun.About asking a rabbi, why would the word of a rabbi carry more weight than the word of God?

It is not in their scriptures nor I imagine has it ever been seen to be.   (Just as the Christians never said that God, Son and Mary were a trinity.  This was a misconception only of those who could not understand.)It is the one making the claim that needs to provide the proof.

You are doing it again, you are belittling Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) and his followers. Can you choose your words carefully?

Greeting Abu Loren,
I am merely making the point that there is more than one claimed 'word of God'.
Others are free to express what they believe or do not believe... why not me?
It's not as if my beliefs have not been challenged(or belittled) on this forum.
Salaam,
Caringheart
Ghazzali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghazzali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 1:09pm
May peace be on the guided ones. So, Ms. CaringHeart, your post did get approved. That must have shocked you, right? You couldn't wait for your post to be approved, so you sent me a private message. Ha ha ha. So immature. So impatient. So childish. Like someone who does not have the courage to stand up face to face, but stabs on the back from behind.

No, not the one that comes from Muhammad(peace be upon him), but was sent upon Muhammad( peace be upon him), by God. The only uncorrupted word of God in existence today. The only word of God that will remain pure till the Day of Judgment. The HOLY QUR'AN. The Noble Qur'an. The Majestic Qur'an.

It is not in their scriptures nor I imagine has it ever been seen to be.

How nice of you to imagine? Imagine the possibilities - Samsung.

It is the one making the claim that needs to provide the proof.

Exactly, so anybody who claims that Jews never said Ezra is the son of God needs to prove it. As for us, we have already proved that the Qur'an is the word of God, and since God does not lie, so it means that the Jews actually said that Ezra is the son of God. Proven! 1400 years ago.

Since you have not come here to debate, but to cause riots among Christians and Muslims, I will not waste my time debating with you any further. I would suggest you spend some quality time with your friends at answering-islam.org.

Edited by Ghazzali - 26 September 2012 at 5:31pm
The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic