IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CHRISTIANS:YOU ARE NOT ISRAELITES  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CHRISTIANS:YOU ARE NOT ISRAELITES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 34>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 2:33am
Originally posted by Experiential Experiential wrote:

Thank you Friendship.
I think I have demonstrated to Mahdi that Jesus is for all people - not just the Jews.

Mathew 10 5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: �Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 5:38am
Assalamu alaik Abuayisa.

Yes indeed so. Thus he cannot be more than a man. I do not know why the Jews do not believe in him.

Mustapha

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 1:31pm
Isaiah
42 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 10:42pm
King James Bible
I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 3:40am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Isaiah42 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

Jesus did not say this.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 1:21pm
I'm pretty sure Christians know that they are not "Israelites" but they were "grafted in' to the family of God.
They do not need to be Israelites.
Do Muslims need to be Israelites to belong to God?
So I'm not really sure the point of the thread. ?
Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

Originally posted by Experiential Experiential wrote:

Thank you Friendship.
I think I have demonstrated to Mahdi that Jesus is for all people - not just the Jews.

Mathew 10 5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: �Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.
Mahdi
it appears you did not read my last post carefully enough. Again you cannot quote one verse in isolation from the whole Tanakh (Old testament) and Injil. Initially Jesus ministry was to the Jews and later to the whole world. Read -
Mt 10:18; 24:14; 28:18-20; Mk 13:10; 14:9; 16:15; Lk 4:25-30; 24:47; Jn 17:20-21: Acts 1:8. 20:28 = Mk 10:45; Jn 3:16; 4:42; 12:32, Mt 8:11-12; 21:43; 25:31-32; Lk 13:28-30; Jn 10:16; 11:52.

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Isaiah42 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

Jesus did not say this.

I know He did not.  This is the prophesy of Isaiah.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 34>
  Share Topic