IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Benefit and Harm in Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Benefit and Harm in Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sultanmuradII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Benefit and Harm in Islam
    Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:28am
Salam,

There is no doubt that practicing Islam is beneficial and neglecting it is harmful.

I noticed some people argue not to practice Islam, because they perceive that it may be harmful, e.g. they may advocate wearing clothes that are not modest so that they fit in or some will go out to parties and join in some haram activities because it may be 'good for the cause'.

The Prophet (saw) and his Companions suffered much harm in the cause of Islam, especially when they went public. Only in cases of life threatening duress and intolerable harm were they permitted to leave the practice of Islam or deny themselves being Muslims.

But many people are making it a basis for judging what they will practice and what they will not, allowing people to not practice Islam if they see a greater benefit.

This just don't sound right, because Allah (swt) states in the Qur'an:

"perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not" TMQ 2:216

Some might argue fasting harms us so we don't fast?
sultanmuradII View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sultanmuradII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2012 at 5:31am
Salam,

Does implementing Islam cause harm, as some people argue nowadays?

Or should we hear and obey the rules of Islam believing that it is in practicing Islam that we will remove harm and not keeping away from it?
i.dawa View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i.dawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 7:39am
This issue of harm and benefit seem to come up quite often and some people seem to think living by Islam as shown by our Messenger (saw) and how his companions (the sahaba) continued with the legacy started by the Messenger (saw) by upholding the political entity (the Islamic state) will perhaps bring more harm then benefit if we were have an Islamic state today.

Is this because the human mind is now defining harm and benefit or should the sharia decide?

Just because America and the west don't like the political Islam in its pure sense should we now accept their attacks on Islam and turn our backs on the guidance sent by Allah for the whole of mankind just because those who oppose Allah's deen can continue to spread their filth and corruption on earth?

It's true that we DO NOT force people to embrace Islam as Allah does does not accept such conversion. However, the system which we should live by has to be Islam and nothing else.

If someone has an argument to suggest that in the name of "harm and benefit" we can neglect some of the sharia rules and their implementation then let's have the evidences?

"The Religion in the sight of Allah is Islam." (TMQ)

"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (Submission to Allah), Never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost." (TMQ)

"They who disbelieve and deny our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) are those who will be the dwellers of the Hell-fire." (TMQ)

"And so judge between them by what Allah has revealed and follow not their vain desires, but beware of them lest they turn you far away from some of that which Allah has sent down to you. And if they turn away, then know that Allah's Will is to punish them for some sins of theirs. And truly, most of men are Fasiqun (rebellious and disobedient to Allah)." (TMQ)

"Do they then seek the judgement of (the Days of) Ignorance? And who is better in judgement than Allah for a people who have firm Faith." (TMQ)

Edited by i.dawa - 02 October 2012 at 8:04am
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 2:33pm
Assalamu alaika i.dawa.

I never believe that USA and the West do not like Islam. It is the followers of Muhammad who do not like Islam that is the Sunna of Muhammad Rasulullah. The scientific form of Islam is the bread and butter of Western civilization.
I was in Honolulu in 1991 on a medical seminar. I went to the supervisor and asked him if there is a mosque for the friday prayer. Around 12.00pm my name was called that a bus ready to take me to the mosque. Do you think one can get this treatment in your place or even Makka or Madina?

Friendship
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 4:12pm
i.dawa, I'm curious; when Mulla Omar in Afghanistan was declared "Amir al Mu'minin by Taliban leadership, and Afghanistan an Islamic State, did you, and your group - hizbul tahrir, pledge support?  Did you consider Mulla Omar your Amir since he was head of an Islamic State?
i.dawa View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i.dawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 8:09am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

i.dawa, I'm curious; when Mulla Omar in Afghanistan was declared "Amir al�Mu'minin by Taliban leadership, and Afghanistan an Islamic State, did you, and your group - hizbul tahrir, pledge support?� Did you consider Mulla Omar your Amir�since he was�head of an Islamic State?

Salam brother.

I believe I already commented on on the Taliban on the other thread. They were brought in to power by the CIA/Saudi/ISI to fight the Soviet Union. This was America's war and she was using Muslims to achieve her goals (destroy the communist's). Mullah Omar was a self appointed leader amongst the Taliban and what they called the "Islamic Emirate" which is unfounded in Islam. The concept of Emirate contradicts hukm shari. The style of governance of the Taliban movement is often used to vilify Islam and make a mockery of the rules of Islam. the so-called state they had did not reflect the state founded by our beloved Messenger (saw). (maybe we can discuss this issue later also inshaAllah)

Please brother keep the discussion serious in order to arrive at the truth. If you have the truth or even a better understanding then myself or Hizb ut-Tahrir please share it with us?

May Allah reward you and I and forgive all of us.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 11:56am
So, for those of your members who reside in Europe, an "Islamic Emirate" in Afghanistan would be no better than living under British rule?  Are your members allowed to take welfare payments from the UK government as well?

Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 12:24pm
Assalamu alaika abuayisa.

Please let us be objective. Let us remember this argument of Allah Qur'an 7:32, "Who has forbidden the adornment (all that is needed by mankind for his satisfaction and security) given by Allah which He has produced for His slaves..."
So, since the Qur'an is today 1433 years old and has stood the test of time and relativity, why should we not consider it? If there is any good let us take it all. For example treating the foreigners is the written law. For Muhammad there are many explanations of this written law. For example, the one who sleeps soundly with comfort and left his neighbor in wretched condition is not a Muslim.  The law is the same.

Friendship.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic