IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Comparative studies 2  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Comparative studies 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:40pm
Assalamu alaika Caringheart.

I am getting along well with you. I like the truth and I am not biased. I have been reading the bible for 50 years now.
I do not know if you have ever read the commentary of the Holy Bible by Reverend Matthew Henry and also the book of Rambam that is Maimonoides. I have dialogue with the Jewish Rabbi also.
In explaining the Shari'a (I do not know what word Allah used during Adam) Henry cautioned that the command to Adam was on positive command and that he was able and had the capacity to execute it. The command was not negative. According to my understanding he is saying Allah never commands one to do evil. Now, Muhammad also came with the same concept. But this is not the teaching and fatwa of the Muslims. They are teaching people to commit homicide, cheat, pray wrongly, put themselves is difficulty etc. Just Imagine the People of Sweden complaining of difficulty in fasting while Allah says clearly that if you have difficulty you should not fast! Muslims do not read and even if they they do follow the guidelines and procedures given in understanding Muhammad. What I am trying to draw is for us today to throw away all the rubbish said about the scriptures and understand it according to our situation and need. We must distinguish between understanding and worship!

Friendship.

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Assalamu alaika Friendship,
"I am getting along well with you."
That is nice to hear. Smile
" I have dialogue with the Jewish Rabbi also."
I envy you.  I need to do more exploration into understanding Judaism.
Bar'chu et Adonai

I seek all different sources of information on religion and try to form a balanced and unbiased opinion also.  If I have read anything written by the Rev. Matthew Henry, I am unaware of it. 

I still don't understand what you are saying about Adam.  Is this something from the Qur'an?

Salaam,
Caringheart

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 2:20pm
Caringheart,
it does not matter from which angle you look at at, when Jesus said "I returning to my God and your God" will it change what it means? I don't see any way to escape!
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 09 August 2012 at 2:20pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 10:04pm

In Islam there are many books explaining the holy Qur'an. This is what is called Tafsir or exposition of minutest details. There are about 49 major books explaining the holy Qur'an. Then there are history books explaining the life of the holy Apostle - the hadith. There are 3 or 4 broad headings with about 50 authors. Then there are the Fiqh books explaining the hadiths. This is what is making the functions and duties of Muhammad yet to be understood in the world. No Muslim country is teaching the duties and functions of Muhammad in the manner for example a medical student learn the basic sciences before he starts clinical work. This is what is responsible for all the atrocities and difficulties we are tasting and sucking.
This system is not available in the people of the previous scriptures. The commentary of the Holy Bible by Reverend Matthew Henry is the only commentary I have on the Bible. The Jews have the Maimonides. A bipartisan unbiased Muslim scholar with knowledge of the sciences of the holy Qur'an, the hadiths will definitely find what those authors wrote very close to what the holy Apostle explained and practiced.
The commentary in the book of Genesis on Adam by Reverend Matthew is very important for all to study to fill in the gaps in the Qur'an and the book of Genesis. Adam had no previous experience of what Law is and what sin is, unlike those who came after him. His offense was not intentional- through deception- thus forgiven.  Note that the holy Qur'an always makes reference with the past and that there will be no change or alteration. That is the basis of the discipline taught by Muhammad.

Friendship.

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 10:16pm
Oh my!

Greetings Friendship,
There are plenty of Bible commentaries other than the one you mention.  Just do a Google search.
Thanks for the other information though.
Smile Heart

http://www.ewordtoday.com/comments/

"Adam had no previous experience of what Law is and what sin is, unlike those who came after him. His offense was not intentional- through deception- thus forgiven."
Ah. yes, this is written about in the Bible.
13 To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone�s account where there is no law.

Is it written about in the Qur'an?  I could add it to my comparative studies.

Edited by Caringheart - 09 August 2012 at 10:33pm
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2012 at 12:11pm

Thanks very much. I have gone briefly through the first pages.
Friendship
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 12:39pm
Jesus said "I returning to my God and your God" will it change what it means? I don't see any way to escape Caringheart!
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 22 August 2012 at 12:39pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2013 at 12:31pm
Ra was all powerful and his power came from his Secret Name. This gave him the power to create a thing just by calling its name.

Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic