IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Comparative studies 2  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Comparative studies 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Comparative studies 2
    Posted: 29 January 2013 at 11:44pm
<>

Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

My study of the Qur'an and a few questions.

1. Does no Muslim ever consider the fact that Allah everywhere in the Qur'an refers to Himself as We?

�And (I come) confirming that which was before me of the Torah, and to make lawful some of that which was forbidden unto you. I come unto you with a sign from your Lord, so keep your duty to Allah and obey me. Lo! Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path. (Qur�an; 3:50, 51).

2. Who is speaking here... is not God the one who is speaking, referring to Himself, saying that I come?  I, God, in the form of Jesus.

and compare to this;
Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. 19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it?  (Isaiah)

Salaam.

Peace my friend,

I can see you are spreading your wings! Anyway, don�t try to explain what is not there. The �I� ie an addition to indicate it was Jesus (S). Let me show you, I HAVE ADD BLUE TO EXPLAIN:

3:45 (Y. Ali) Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah. 3:46 (Y. Ali) "He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. And he shall be (of the company) of the righteous." 3:47 (Y. Ali) She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, 'Be,' and it is! 3:48 (Y. Ali) "And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel, 3:49 (Y. Ali) "And (appoint him) an apostle to the Children of Israel, (with this message): (THE MESSAGE IS:) "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe; 3:50 (Y. Ali) "'(I have come to you), to attest the Law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was (Before) forbidden to you; I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear Allah, and obey me.

YOU SEE VERSE 50 MENTIONED, �I have come to you�, it is not there in the Arabic that is why the put it in bracket so that you can read the whole message in context: In other words, God Almighty will send him with a message saying �I� come

Br. zainool

Edited by truthnowcome - 29 January 2013 at 11:46pm
LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 4:18pm
I'm sorry Hasan, your question made no sense to me.
Salaam,
Caringheart

Note:  I wish if you were going to respond it might be to the most recent thing posted.  Any thoughts on that?

Edited by Caringheart - 28 January 2013 at 4:25pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 2:28pm
Caringheart, care to answer the valid question I posted, or you do not have an answer?
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2013 at 12:31pm
Ra was all powerful and his power came from his Secret Name. This gave him the power to create a thing just by calling its name.

Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 12:39pm
Jesus said "I returning to my God and your God" will it change what it means? I don't see any way to escape Caringheart!
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 22 August 2012 at 12:39pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2012 at 12:11pm
Assalamu alaika Caringheart.

Thanks very much. I have gone briefly through the first pages.
Friendship
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 10:16pm
Oh my!

Greetings Friendship,
There are plenty of Bible commentaries other than the one you mention.  Just do a Google search.
Thanks for the other information though.
Smile Heart

http://www.ewordtoday.com/comments/

"Adam had no previous experience of what Law is and what sin is, unlike those who came after him. His offense was not intentional- through deception- thus forgiven."
Ah. yes, this is written about in the Bible.
13 To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone�s account where there is no law.

Is it written about in the Qur'an?  I could add it to my comparative studies.

Edited by Caringheart - 09 August 2012 at 10:33pm
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 10:04pm
Assalamu alaika Caringheart.

In Islam there are many books explaining the holy Qur'an. This is what is called Tafsir or exposition of minutest details. There are about 49 major books explaining the holy Qur'an. Then there are history books explaining the life of the holy Apostle - the hadith. There are 3 or 4 broad headings with about 50 authors. Then there are the Fiqh books explaining the hadiths. This is what is making the functions and duties of Muhammad yet to be understood in the world. No Muslim country is teaching the duties and functions of Muhammad in the manner for example a medical student learn the basic sciences before he starts clinical work. This is what is responsible for all the atrocities and difficulties we are tasting and sucking.
This system is not available in the people of the previous scriptures. The commentary of the Holy Bible by Reverend Matthew Henry is the only commentary I have on the Bible. The Jews have the Maimonides. A bipartisan unbiased Muslim scholar with knowledge of the sciences of the holy Qur'an, the hadiths will definitely find what those authors wrote very close to what the holy Apostle explained and practiced.
The commentary in the book of Genesis on Adam by Reverend Matthew is very important for all to study to fill in the gaps in the Qur'an and the book of Genesis. Adam had no previous experience of what Law is and what sin is, unlike those who came after him. His offense was not intentional- through deception- thus forgiven.  Note that the holy Qur'an always makes reference with the past and that there will be no change or alteration. That is the basis of the discipline taught by Muhammad.

Friendship.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic