IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Egypt  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Egypt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2012 at 6:13am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Denying a service to someone because of their different belief's... that is not the same.  That is a different matter.  Especially when it is the government legislating that free choice.

With respect to the Egyptian government they have not made the opinion of one individual policy.  In other words, it is not a law that cabbies are not allowed to transport cab customers to church.

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2012 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Denying a service to someone because of their different belief's... that is not the same.  That is a different matter.  Especially when it is the government legislating that free choice.

With respect to the Egyptian government they have not made the opinion of one individual policy.  In other words, it is not a law that cabbies are not allowed to transport cab customers to church.

Is the government of Egypt not governed by the Fatwa's?  I have a great deal of difficulty understanding the governments of the mid-east.

Regarding the article you linked to it raises the question...
So how do people with different beliefs share and live in a country together?

Regarding the pharmacist... I can see why they would object to assisting with abortion.  So I don't know the answer there either.  If they refer the matter to another worker they are helping another to sin(both the worker and the one receiving the drug), and is this what God would want?  God does give free will to all, to make their own choices, even if those choices will send them to hell.  The pharmacist must do what his employer requires.  We can hope that employers can be sensitive to the needs of their employees.

Regarding the cab drivers I think it should be their choice, but only if they own their own cab and are not running the cabs owned by another who has the right to tell them what is expected.  In that case they must find an employer they can work for.  Again we can hope for sensitivity on the part of the employer.  The problem is that some people will use a religious claim to hide real prejudice, but then again aren't they entitled to have their prejudice according to free will?  They are however not entitled to inflict their prejudice on others, which means, if they are prejudiced, they need to find some other work or find a way to change themselves. 

What I fail to see is what is the real danger to the cab driver?  What is his objection?  Is his soul in danger simply for transporting someone to their place of destination?  Same rule as above applies... Does not God give each free will to follow their own vices even if it is to their destruction?

So what is the answer?  I don't know.  This is the world we live in.

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2012 at 6:35pm
Abuayisha,

Did you see my last post to you?

You didn't answer my questions.

Did you read anything at the links I shared?
anything about the Golden Age of enlightenment?

and your statement;
" Critical thinking at best is a loose translation of ijtihad. "
What is your translation?

Thanks.
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 03 August 2012 at 6:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic