IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - About Zakat  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

About Zakat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shamypnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About Zakat
    Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:33am
Asslamualikum brother,

I have a clarification for calculating the zakat amount. I have read some of the articles regarding this but am not able to understand the same I know the way to calculate zakat but need to know on how much amount should i calculate the same.My clarifications are

1) Should the zakat amount be calculated based on the amount that i was having for a financial year (say April 2011 to March 2012) or from the last ramdan date to this ramdan.
2) I was having an amount in my account till last month and i used that amount for purchasing a car last week. So should that amount be included for zakat calculation?
3) I am a person who is working away from my native place. So where should i pay the zakat amount?

A reply for my above questions and other details which i should take care shall be highly appreciated.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 12:21am
Bismillah,

1) your Zakat is calculate from last Ramadan to this Ramadan.

2) The amount you used up, if did not stay in your account for a year, no Zakat is due. [If your car is something you need to use for daily needs]
3) am not sure about this one. I pay my Zakat in my naitive country, because its hard to pay where I live, but am not sure if you can find needy and poor in your country of residence.

hope this helps a bit.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
shamypnr View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shamypnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 2:53am
Thanks Sister for your reply,

regarding the amount which i have spend for car, it was like a varying amount which was in my account, Say for example in the beginning of my zakat calculating period the amount was around 10,000 and that gradually got added up and finally became 1,00,000 now. So should i consider the amount fully for zakat calculation? Ofcourse car is something which i need for my personal needs though i dont use it daily.
also i have some gold which i bought for my nikah. Should i pay zakat for this gold also?

Edited by shamypnr - 20 July 2012 at 3:14am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic