IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Forum excessively moderated  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum excessively moderated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

Interesting, Ron. I wish my experience had been as good as yours. 

Me too.
nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 1:55pm

For each post, how about showing the date approved as well as the date submitted?

A simple change, I know, but it would be good enough for me. I really don't mind if most of my questions remain hidden for days, as long as I eventually get a sensible answer.

Disclosing the 'latency' on each post would also help reassure prospective supporters, especially those who see absolutely nothing to gain from dialogue with non-Muslims. At least they could see tangible evidence that something real is being done to address their concerns.

God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.
icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 5:34pm
Dear Nospam001,

In general will be posted less than 24 hours, however, specailly on weekend, sometimes (AGAIN JUST SOMETIMES) take longer. So you can expect 24 hours for weedays, and SOMTIMES take 2-3 days max on weekend. But again most of the time even in weekend less than 24 hours. If you count, out of 37 posts that you have done so far, only few posts that took more than a day.

Thanks,

admin
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 3:06pm
I'm a new member as you can tell. Thanks for your forum which seems to be very good. I've been using many forums over the years as i'm sure many of you have too, but I must be honest about my experience so far here over the past few days. Frustration to say the least! How do you expect anyone to enjoy and learn from a debate whilst having to wait upto 24hrs to add a post, then waiting another 24hrs to get a responce? And all the posts get mixed up because users are submitting posts all at once. I mean common! I can't understand why you would do this. I'm a web developer. I do alot of Usability work too and let me tell, you are losing alot of potentially loyal users with this approach. And you create more work for you this way. This is so 1994!!!

Edited by Rational - 05 January 2013 at 3:41pm
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2013 at 1:36am
Originally posted by Rational Rational wrote:

I'm a new member as you can tell. Thanks for your forum which seems to be very good. I've been using many forums over the years as i'm sure many of you have too, but I must be honest about my experience so far here over the past few days. Frustration to say the least! How do you expect anyone to enjoy and learn from a debate whilst having to wait upto 24hrs to add a post, then waiting another 24hrs to get a responce? And all the posts get mixed up because users are submitting posts all at once. I mean common! I can't understand why you would do this. I'm a web developer. I do alot of Usability work too and let me tell, you are losing alot of potentially loyal users with this approach. And you create more work for you this way. This is so 1994!

I agree with what you are saying and the Forum admin's favourite response is that nobody is available during weekends. You would think that in this day and age where mobile internet is available that admin would be able to log on any time they wanted to. Such a shame.
nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2013 at 2:45pm
After accumulating 40 posts I can now post directly, at least to some topics. But not this one...
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2013 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

I agree with what you are saying and the Forum admin's favourite response is that nobody is available during weekends. You would think that in this day and age where mobile internet is available that admin would be able to log on any time they wanted to. Such a shame.

Assalam brother. Yes, users shouldn't have to wait at all. It's very easy to use the "report" post button, allowing everyone to contribute on content moderation. If a post is reported by a user, it would be marked for review by an admin. Simple. This way you are putting trust to the very users that are generating the content on the forum. The idea is to make users feel at home and give them all the reasons to come back and stay. Weekends or weekdays it doesn't matter there is no excuse for making your users wait for anything. By forcing each and every post into a pending status is overkill and isn't clever at all. Not only that but it's ineffective because a user can edit the post without having it reviewed and post whatever they want. So why bother having a "pending approval" in the first place? Defeats the purpose and slows everyone down. Beggars belief! Unless there is an agenda which I'm starting to think there might be. Censorship? For what reasons? Who is controlling this forum and to who's interests? Allaho aalam. I'm not prepared to trust a forum that is not prepared to trust me.

Those making the decisions need to reconsider.

Edited by Rational - 05 January 2013 at 5:09pm
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 11:55pm
It really messes up conversations when replies are not allowed to post as they are submitted so that they can be read in order rather than some appearing several posts later.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic