IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Forum excessively moderated  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum excessively moderated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2012 at 3:25am
Walaikkum As'alaam

I've been around a few Muslim forums and any subject that challenges or criticizes Islam is not tolerated nor the person given any chance for apologising. Some forums go straight for the BAN button.

In my view any subject should be open for discussion even atheists and anti-Islamists should be welcomed because then we can put them straight with the beauty that is contained in Islam. You never know they might start seeing the light and convert.

What they all say and agree is that Islam has been going for over 1433 years and nothing should be changed or challenged. What I've also found is that particularly reverts ask difficult questions and they would rather by-pass it than give a straight answer.

Allahu Alum.
danieldemol View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieldemol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 5:02pm
Assalamu Alaikum,

Forums which treat people as guilty until proven innocent are in my view unjust.

It is easy to ban people and delete posts if they break the rules, and there is a report button to draw attention of the moderators to nasty posts, so it would make more sense to acknowledge that the majority of people are good and not handcuff their posts unless they step out of line. You (presumably) wouldn't handcuff an innocent person in real life on the off chance that they commit a crime, and it makes no sense to abuse good people online that way either.

Kind regards,
Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic