IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to cover chest area using hijab  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to cover chest area using hijab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanisha786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to cover chest area using hijab
    Posted: 12 July 2012 at 4:10am
Salaam,
I'm new to this forum and was wondering how I'm meant to cover the chest area using an extra hijab/pashima/scarf, I've tried to find my own methods but i can't find a way to do this and I can't find any videos to help me.

Please reply

Jazakallah

Edited by Tanisha786 - 12 July 2012 at 5:11am
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 4:58pm
Asslamu alaikum just use a big size of headscarf. :)
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Aamilah View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aamilah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2012 at 10:32am
Assalamu alaikum I found this great page it's called ProperHijab. It's a nice page, alhamdulillah.     

http://www.youtube.com/user/ProperHijab

Edited by Aamilah - 17 August 2012 at 11:26am
Mella82 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mella82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2012 at 10:16pm
Assalamu alaikum sister,

For me, using an extra large scarf isn't sufficient. I am a new Muslim alhamdullilah and I've tried to incorporate as much of my old wardrobe as possible into my new, hijab friendly outfits. That means that I am frequently using old items like maxi dresses and sun dresses with low necklines. To solve the chest coverage issue, I use a turtleneck underneath, or a long sleeve shirt with an under scarf (like this one: http://www.2hijab.com/dantella_underscarf_amira_style_red.asp) and then I use my normal scarf on top.

Good luck!

Mella
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Tanisha786 Tanisha786 wrote:

Salaam,
I'm new to this forum and was wondering how I'm meant to cover the chest area using an extra hijab/pashima/scarf, I've tried to find my own methods but i can't find a way to do this and I can't find any videos to help me.

Please reply

Jazakallah [IMG]smileys/smiley4.gif" align="middle" />

- Tie your headscarf in a neat and compact manner, then use another scarf and loop it around your neck to cover your bosom. (there are videos on youtube on different ways to wear scarves, they are by non-muslims, but they give cool ideas on how you can use that style for bosom-coverage.)

- Wear jackets, cardigans, or similar outerwear to cover chest area

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxv47d6Ojrw

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
x06112010x View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x06112010x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2014 at 5:48pm
I use very wide (not necessarily long) hijabs.  Maxi hijabs are the best.  Many women forget that the Qu'ran states the veil has to cover our chest, too. 
Aruba View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aruba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2014 at 7:36am
use a long headscarf
mybatua View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mybatua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2014 at 4:09am
See this Hijab Style to cover chest part...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic