IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - no help for reverts?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

no help for reverts?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: no help for reverts?
    Posted: 21 September 2005 at 2:41am

Can one bucket of water, die out a forest on fire?

antony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 2:42am

Unto thou is the example of some young children
Sent forth by their guardians to get something to eat

Arduously they searched a land most dry and barren
Until their journey leads them unto a busy street

Over the other side of the street they perceive a market
The produce of which is the food they need to eat

However that street in-between them and their target
In the wilderness they had never come across such a feat

Form the other side of the street a person in the market
Knows of their need to eat, and that food is their target

The person proceeds to direct from the other side of the street
Waving the carrot and stick! (i.e. the food they need to eat)

However the children need someone of fleet footed feet
Willing to step out of the market, to their side of the street

Once the children have food do they not know how to eat?
Is not the help needed in getting over that busy street?

Unto thou I approached, as would those young children
And I ask, do you withhold your help until after I have eaten?

antony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 11:12am

Should I adopt the attitude that only Allah can help?

For I have become confused as to why He created us in pairs (male-female), and why did he insist we come together as a community who cares?

Edited by antony
antony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 11:59am

Exert from: http://www.daruliftaa.com/# (link posted by rami, in the �Seeing Allah in dreams�.� Thread within the Qur�an & Sunnah section)

��extreme poverty can hinder one�s service to the Deen.

Sayyiduna Imam Shafi�i (Allah have mercy on him) said: �Do not take advice from one who has no flour in his house, because he will be overcome by distress.� (Manaqib Imam Shafi�i by al-Bayhaqi)

The reason behind this, as the Ulama explain, is that if a scholar is overwhelmed by extreme poverty and destituteness, he will not be able to devote his full attention towards teaching and serving the Deen of Allah. He will always be concerned with providing for his family and earning that which will help him get through life.

Thus, Ulama explain that there are two types of poverty:

1) Dark poverty (al-faqr al-aswad)

This is when poverty completely overwhelms a person to the extent that his mind is always occupied in trying to earn a living. This kills one�s intellectual potential and capacity, and the one involved in it disintegrates as a green plant would fade away when it is starved of water. This is the poverty regarding which the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: �Poverty may sometimes lead to disbelief�. This is the type of poverty from which the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) sought the refuge and protection of Allah Most High.

2) White poverty (al-faqr al-abyadh)

This is a situation where an individual is no doubt poor, but it is not to an extreme level. He is able to get through the daily economic responsibilities on a limited scale. One is content with what Allah has allocated for one; hence this poverty does not affect one�s intellectual potential, although others are generally far better well-off than one. This type of poverty is actually a blessing for a student of sacred knowledge, especially in the early days of learning, for one is saved from the worldly temptations that wealth can bring about.

Therefore, in conclusion, students of Islamic knowledge must understand that the path they have taken is a path of self-restraint, poverty and humility. One will no doubt have to sacrifice the luxuries of this world in order to truly reach a high level of knowledge and piety. Knowledge requires sacrifice.�

The section I have highlighted refers to exactly what has happened to me. It is quite apparent that, I, as a poor white revert (in the eyes of lifelong Muslim�s) have no chance in hell (sorry to use the pun), of becoming a scholar in the formal sense, hence I ask what prospects are there for white Muslim reverts within Islam?

Is it just a case of you wanting to lord it over us?

Edited by antony
antony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 12:41pm

Please someone!!!

Does it mean nothing that I can scientifically illustrate that there is only One Maintianer & Sustainer?

antony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 4:00am

Assalaamu alaikum

Unto thou I make aware a scientific explanation, entitled - �Modern science finds God�, this article can be found upon a website, entitled http://www.islamic-world.net.

I bring this unto thy attention, as I would like to warn thou of its inaccuracy, whether thou believe me or not is beyond my comprehension. All I can do is remind thee, that I discovered the Kursi, which includes an explanation of each of the three dimensions, and why celestial bodies revolve/rotate. I have contacted official embassies, whom have ignored me, hence why I am sharing with you this fate.

As with us all, I have a need to earn a (honest) living, unto thou are my talents not worth your giving?

firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 8:20am

Edited by firewall
antony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 1:23pm

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

Many thanks for your reply firewall; what you mention is part of what I am getting at.

However it also incorporates the fact that I have approached Muslim leaders with the gift Allah has bestowed upon me, and they haven�t even had the decency to talk to me. What message is that sending to me? They don�t care? � They already know better? � Or any of a million other possibilities, either way they have alienated me, which is not Islamic!

I am made to feel that alienation even more when I see articles such as the � �Modern science finds God� that I mentioned previously, where Muslim physicists are guessing as to the nature of Allah (and His creation � the universe), when I have by no uncertain terms told them I already know this. I guess they just can�t get over the fact that someone poor and white has been bestowed with greater knowledge than they!

With regards to your other post, yes I am going to have faith and not expect anything but from Allah {SWT} alone, I just am lost as to the role of the community if that is the case!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic