IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Status Of Women In Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStatus Of Women In Islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Status Of Women In Islam
    Posted: 07 July 2012 at 5:54pm
As-Salamu Alaykum,

In the name of Allah, the most gracious, the most merciful.

There have been many misunderstandings regarding how women are treating in Islam. There is no better way of explaining what status a woman has in Islam, than referring to the Holy book itself (Quran).

I have come across many Hadeeths and tried to find the one that would show exactly what I am trying to bring across in this message. ��And live with them in kindness�� (Quran 4:19)

The prophet Muhammad (PBUH) instructed all men to be good to their wives and show affection towards them. He said that the most perfect of believers in belief is the best of them in character. The best of you are those who are the best to their women. This itself shows how much consideration that he had towards this topic.

People do mistake Islamic teachings with what the cultures teach, people don't see how women are mistreated nearly everywhere. What we need to look at here is the fact that Islam gives so much respect to women, however the religion today is not shown in a very positive way. Do not paint a negative picture of something (Islam) just by hearing what people say or what the media shows you, do your research and read the Quran if you want the TRUTH ..

I have also come across this Hadeeth and thought it would be perfect to describe what the prophet (PBUH) felt about a pious women. The prophet (PBUH) said, "the whole world is a provision and the best object of benefit of the world is a pious woman"

The status of a believing woman in Islam:
When she is a daughter, she opens the door of jannah for her father
When she is a wife she completes half of the deen of her husband
When she is a mother jannah lies under her feet

I hope this made sense to you and helped

May Allah guide us to his Jannah

Ameen
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:38am
Please explain Qur'an 4:34. And Aisha is quoted to have said: "I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women. Look! Her skin is greener than her clothes!" True?

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
SiiDRA View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:23pm
Firstly can I just add that, what you have quoted above is actually a Hadith (teachings of the prophet (PBUH) not a verse from the Quran.

The Hadith you are referring to is:
(Hadith, Bukhari, vol. 7, # 715)

And I can explain this to you but I am not a scholar so can you please talk to someone who has more knowledge about this topic. I do not want you to get the wrong information or wrong idea towards Islam.

Sorry

Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 8:47am
Here's another example:

Unlike a Muslim man, a Muslim woman can't marry a non-Muslim. Both the Qur'an and the Hadith are full of examples where women have less rights than men.

In fact there are also examples in the Bible. In the New Testament Paul told women to shut their mouths in church. The difference is that we Christians can examine the Bible critically. And Christianity can evolve. Today in many Protestant churches women can become ministers and bishops.

Edited by Matt Browne - 25 July 2012 at 8:48am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
SiiDRA View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 6:12am
Our religion or Muslim men do not oppress women, infact the only thing that oppresses Muslim women are ignorant, judgemental people like you.

First of all men and women in Islam are prohibited to marry non- muslims, we can only marry them once they have converted to Islam. "Do not marry unbelieving women until they believe" (al-Baqarah, 221) This is straight forward, Allah (swt) is saying this to believing men and the same apply's for believing women.

The bible blames Eve for eating the apple where as the Quran holds both of them equally responsible. This is what God says to Adam in the bible, Genesis 3:17-19 �Because you listened to your wife�s voice and took to eating from the tree concerning which I gave you this command, �You must not eat from it,� cursed is the ground on your account". "Listened to your wife's voice" clearly states that Adam ate the apple because of Eve.

Aisha (ra) was reported to be a great scholar, she narrated over 2 thousand hadith's

It was the Prophet of Islam (pbuh) who was the first to acknowledge that "the wife is the empress of the husband's house," the first to declare that a man or woman's first duty is not to help his/her father first but he or she should attend to their mother's need first.

He also said the best among you (men) is the one who is best to his wife. He said that heaven lies beneath your mothers feet

The Holy Quran ordains: "Reverence God, through Whom ye demand your mutual rights, and reverence the wombs that bore you: for God ever watches over you." (Sura Nissaa, Verse 1)

The first person to embrace Islam was a lady -- Hazrat Khadijatu'l-Kubra (RA.

The first Shahid (martyr) was a lady -- Bibi Sumaya (RA).

My only advice to you would be read the Quran if you haven't read it or to actually talk to a Imam. Don't make judgements please.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic