IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Apostacy and few other issues  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Apostacy and few other issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

It is my view that Caringheart is trolling our forum.

Please explain what that means... "trolling"?

I take offense at the accusation.

I came to the forums because I seek better understanding between people of all religions.  I seek to know the truth and want to know Muslims better and not just succumb to fear mongering.  I want to know whether there is something to fear or not.  I want us all to pursue the same end... peace.  I heretofore had thought that all religions respected each other, and could allow one another to live in peace with their own religion... until 9/11.  Then I realized that I knew very little about any religion other than my own, and so I began to learn... not just about Islam but about all religion from beginning to end.  And through that learning I have found that the same is true the other way around... Muslims also have little understanding about the religion they preach against.  The thing is my religion does not preach against any other religion.  It only seeks to share its own.  (People are free to reject it if they so choose.)  This is why I knew nothing and would never pretend to know all that there is to know about another religion.  It will take a lifetime to understand my own.

I did not bring up the issue at hand.  I only responded to what someone else said to me about apostasy not being a crime in Islam.  I had facts to know that this was not true.  It is treated as a crime, if not in all Islam, then at least in part.  This is what I seek clarity on.  That is all.

As far as the reactions I am getting here... I see no difference in some of my discussions than the other ones that are going on.  I see others free to share views and debate.

Just as no Muslim will shy away from discussing their truth, so neither will I, or should I have to, shy away from sharing mine.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

I do not expect you to suppress your truth, but neither can I suppress mine.

I am learning from the discussions on this forum and hope that everyone might learn from one another by not suppressing truth.

Salaam

[edit:  Where would you have me go to build understanding between us?  One must be able to speak freely if understanding is to be reached.]

Edited by Caringheart - 06 July 2012 at 1:11pm
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Caringheart,
It seems you have several intertwined issues against Islam, and want to broach every subject in one thread, one post - which is neither possible to address, nor very inviting for people to delve into.

It is advisable you sort your issues and post them in proper decorum.

For this thread, am still not sure if your concern is that one deleted post of yours (in replacement of which we are actually having a discussion on the subject of apostacy) or the subject of apostacy itself.
And if this is not clear, to many of us you might end up giving the impression you are simply hailing allegations and calling names to us rather than having any genuine purpose and want to know us better.

So please, read carefully this post, and then read Peacemaker's post - I think he has presented a very valid discussion - one that I could not find after having searched the web since yesterday ...

peace!

I need you to clarify for me...
Is this a forum meant to encourage conversation between people or only to debate certain issues?
I do not come to debate.  I come to converse and conversations always take different turns.  I try to answer things which are brought up to me with my own thoughts.  Yes my thoughts are many varied.  Are not yours?
Perhaps we just have different ways of conversing.  Or perhaps I do not understand the purpose of this forum.

I am also curious about how or why a post made by Nausheen came to be edited by peacemaker?
Peace

Edited by Caringheart - 06 July 2012 at 5:45pm
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 1:29pm
I am more than willing and happy to visit the links presented but my computer does not handle multi-media.  I do try to visit the links when I have opportunity to get on other computers... but I have to try to remember them all.  Just so everyone knows, I do not ignore, or overlook, anything that is shared with me.  :-)

Note:  This is also why it is difficult when any of my posts disappear.  It makes it difficult, or impossible, to back track to find what it was I was wanting to look at.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 4:29pm

Assalamu Alaikum/Peace be upon you,

Just to let you know that *** mark indicates the minor editing in the quote box of Originally posted by peacemaker.� The deleted content that was erroneously attributed to me was I am Bible.If you see my original post, I didn�t write this.

May Allah (Exalted is He) guide us all.

Peace
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 5:44pm
Ok, I have had a chance now to go to the links(well, link, it was the same one posted twice), and I appreciate all that has been shared here.  I see that just as Christianity broke into many factions the same exists within the Islamic faith. 
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2012 at 4:53am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

I need you to clarify for me...
Is this a forum meant to encourage conversation between people or only to debate certain issues?
I do not come to debate.  I come to converse and conversations always take different turns.  I try to answer things which are brought up to me with my own thoughts.  Yes my thoughts are many varied.  Are not yours?
Perhaps we just have different ways of conversing.  Or perhaps I do not understand the purpose of this forum.

I am also curious about how or why a post made by Nausheen came to be edited by peacemaker?
Peace

I want to respond to more than one issues - will see how much I actually can.

I want to have conbversation, and I also want to remove misunderstandings as best as I can. Me neither is interested in debate :)

I too have varied thought, but if I need to ask questions, I will organize them so as not to jump back and forth from topice - to me that does not help resolving misconceptions.

Peacemaker can edit all posts because he is the moderator.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2012 at 5:00am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Muhammad says the old testament(the Torah) has been corrupted
If that is what you believe, then how do you know this is not one of the corrupted scriptures?  Has man inserted his own ideas, his own interpretations of God's will?  or has God preserved His Word?

This comment isn't for me, but wanted to comment on this one portions.

We do not believe the torah or old testment can be referred to any more, because we believe it has been corrupted by human intervention.
However it was my impression that for you it still holds true.  Is it not the case?

Please tell me, do christians beleive the torah has been corrupted?

If so, then it cannot be used as a testimony for you. However if you believe it to be true then in my opinion you should accept its truth even if it is being presented to you by a muslim.

In the times of muhammad sallallahu alaihe wasallam, he used to judge between the jews (who brought their disputes for him for resolution), according to the torah. He did not use the Quran to resolve their disputes.

[/COLOR]
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2012 at 6:28am

I am more than willing for our conversation to be on the boards, for the same reasons you say, if you want to give it a try.

So, posted here, and hope we can get some constructive dialogue out of it.

At times I might come out as strong in words, but its not my intention to be come rude. If you ever sense rudeness, feel free to stop me in my tracks.

By my understanding 'people of the book' does mean unbeliever and Muhammad speaks of having nothing to do with them.

If you'd bear with a long respponse -

Quran that we believe in is the Arabic Quran. This means a translation of the book is not the book itself.

In the translation many words lose their true meaning. Therefore for a fuller understanding we need to refer to the exact words used in the book.

Now,  I dont know which word you are referring to, when you say 'unbeliever'

The word 'kafir' is losely translated as disbeleivers. This means 'the one who covers' or 'the one who hides' in its true meaning. In arabic the 'fail pattern on which we find the word 'kafir' is the doer noun , ie a noun which represents a person doing that action which is contained the meaning of the noun. So, 'kufr' means to cover or to hide, and 'kafir' is the person who covers.

A farmer in arabic is a kafir, because he covers the seeds under in soil.

A kafir in its quranic sence is the one who hides the truth of God/faith.

ie, the one who knows the reality of God and His messengers, but does not

accept it.

By this definition, anyone who rejects the truth of God is a kafir - a disbeliever.

In this respect, as I had mentioned earlier, the Jews and the Christians are beleivers in same God as us, but disbelievers in the truth of that very God which was handed to Muhammad (peace be upon him), ie disbelievers of the Quran and the Islamic faith.

Is this you wanted to clarify?

The quran does not refer to the Jews and Christians as 'kafirs'. In other words the Quran itself proclaims that Jews and christians had acepted devine books and messengers before  Muhammad (sallallahu alaihe wasallam). Because of this reason I would n't refer to the 'people of the book' as kafirs. This I think would not be a correct classification, because this would mean, they are being lumped as polytheists or idiolators, which is technically not the case.

I, however believe certain practices of Jews and Christians entail shirk - ie associating partners with God, but that is another subject, I dont want to touch here.

Where you say, "We have a similar yardstick. What is wrong with that?"

What is wrong with that, for me, is that I do not believe God would tell one human to kill another. I believe He would want us to speak, to try enlighten and save another, but not to kill... that goes against the ten commandments. I do not believe this is from God. I believe Muhammad got this from the old testament(the torah) teachings.

Okay, i understand your beleif.

My belief is that God alighty who is most compassionate, and most merciful is at the same time Most Wise. and Most Just We call Him 'Al-Hakim', the All Wise. and Al-Adl, the All Just.

For just a few moment if we keep aside killing for the crime of apostacy, I want to address your general comment where you said God would never tell one individual to kill another.  How should we check the crimes of murder?

The basic human instinct is to want retribution - vindication. Whereas it is angelic, or spirtually superior to forgive and not hold a grudge.

The Quran does teach to cultivate spiritual excellence of character, however it does not deny the  basic human nature at the same time.

In chapter 42 of the Quran the verse which allows a human to take revenge it calls the deeds of the oppressor as well as the one taking revencge by the same word.

The word is 'sayyiyah' and this means a bad action.

In the literal sence, the quran is saying if a bad action (harm) is done to you, you can do 'an equal bad action' to that party. So, in the literal sense, there is an actual allowance for vindication, however, in a very intelligent, rehtoric and subtle manner The Book is giving the reader a message, that it isn't the best thing to do.

This command is also, immediately followed by the verse which says, the one who forgives, and mends matters between the two parties has a better reward with Allah.

If a child is hit by another, and we tell him whatever this other guy did to you was bad, and you should not engage in that bad - will be heavier on the soul of this child who has been hit. Rather, if this child is told, the action of your friend was bad, and you can go and do an 'equally bad action' to him, however you will be a better person if you refrain and try to resolve the conflict with something better. I think the second option given to this child will have a more positive consequence, and will be more encouraging for him to take the high road.

I think the reason why we need to check wrong in the society is because

1. we do not want people to be wronged and not be able to do anything about it.

2. We dont want to encourage the wrong doer to perpeterate in his crimes.

If we do not have a law to check wrong actions, our society will become barbaric.

Therefore, I dont believe God will ask people to leave alone those who wrong others - that would be unfair and unjust.

Now, going back to the subject of apostacy - if an apostate has not wronged anyone accept his own soul (jeopardized his own salvation) - the state law is not blind.

On a side note: we might not be discussing apostacy in islam when we discuss a state ruling implemented in a certain case from an islamic state - this is because of the poor state of affairs sadly practiced in several case in our islamic world.

Thus it is rational to ask you at this point to research the real ruling of a particular case in Islam to judge islam with it. Judging islam by parameters which appear to represent it may not always be its true markers.

Apparently there are those that want it to remain hidden, thus the reason for deleting it when I shared it with someone on this forum... or tried to. this is one of the concerns I have with Islam. 

Rest assured there s no hidden agenda here on islamicity. Im coming here since past 10 years. I moderated the forums during the worst times in history ... and there was nothing hidden even then, accept that we did not want members to become verbally barbaric with each other.

The other is, as you can well imagine, if Islam were to rule in my country and I could be labeled an unbeliever and put to death because of it... well, how would you feel...

I think you are mixing two things here.

1. Apostacy is punished by death penalty. 

However, a christian in an Islami country is not an apostate. He is a christian.  

2. Treatment of non-muslims in an islamc state.

They are not forced to change their religion and they are not forced to leave the state. They are not seen as having committed a crime by being a member of their own faith / church etc.

I think if Islam were to come and rule your country, you should be safe at the hands of muslims.

this is where parallels are not the same. With any other religion no one is saying put to death the Muslims, or put to death the Buddhists, or put to de ath the Jews. Only Islam says to do this. 

This is wrong. Nowhere in the Quran it says the muslims are supposed to perform an ethnic cleansing. We are not killers, and majority of muslims are not serving a national army. Also, in many, many parts of the world muslims are being killed by outsiders.

You fear 'if' islam were to come to your country what will happen. However in reality america has penetrated in many muslims countries and has killed many muslims - this has been going on since the iran-iraq war, followed by the Qowait war, followed by the afghan war and so on.

This is the real state of affairs of the world we live in today.

For you, islam might pose a presumed threat, however the western powers are proven real threats to peace and properity of muslim nations. - this the case is when they have not even got the chance to become a government in those countries.

Edited by Nausheen - 07 July 2012 at 6:35am

[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic