IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Disappointed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disappointed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 10:53pm
and I just realized we are in the complaint section...
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

I've been around a few Social Networking Sites (SNS) and what I've found is that the powers be always delete topics that are considered to be controversial and they like topics that are 'safe'. In my opinon, there is no harm in debating all topics if they are debated sensibly and in a civilised way.

Agreed.
Thank you.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

The Chinease say there are three kinds of truth : your truth, my truth and our truth.

Just wanted to note that the 'truth' in this case were news articles.  Not my truth, but the news as it was reported in the country from which it stemmed.  It is when that kind of truth is suppressed that I find it disturbing.  I think it serves no good purpose when facts are hidden.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Thank you for your humble message.  I do appreciate it.

Dear Caringheart,

You are most welcome. I come here couple of times per year and stay for a while, as time permits.  will try to address your general concerns about muslims - and if you don't mind will not touch the deeper issues like religion.

Tao -
truth -
I agree it is seldom the same.
This is the reason I have a problem with Islam.

Why do you have a problem with that? Everybody is like that. They accept their truth, but not of others.  Would you accept my truth? If not, then why should I accept yours?

See, this is what causes disparity.
Instead, we have to look for ways to make the truth 'our' truth!

Islam refuses to accept any truth but its own and at the threat of death.

Like Peacemaker pointed out to you - we dont have any problem with anyone following anything. Just that we will have a problem if someone tells us to follow their truth of life. 
I dont want to drink alcohol or consume pork. I want to wear a hijab. I want to pray 5 times a day. This does not mean I want YOU to do the same.
I have no problem what-so-ever if you do not want to do this. However, if you tell me not to do any of this, I will surely have a problem, and I will not accept your opinion in this matter as correct.
Is this what you would regard as I not accepting THE truth?

I dont think not having to pray 5 times a day is THE truth. I think it is 'your' truth and you can choose it for yourself. However it is not 'my' truth and I will not accept you to choose it for me.

I say let each have his own truth and answer to his own God.
Only God in the end determines whose truth is correct.

sure.

In the meantime it is good to challenge one another to be sure we are following the One Truth.

No problem

In conversations with Muslims my truth is attacked all the time, and though offensive, I do not take offense.

In my humble opinion, if you were a sensitive type and would have taken offense, you would have known where others might take offense as well.
That would help you bridge the gap - a bit.

I only share my Truth, my God.  I am secure in my Truth.  I can only answer offensive attacks with my Truth as my God has shown it to me, and do it in love.
I believe God wants all to be saved.  On the day of judgement we will know whether or not we are.  In the meantime I believe we each need to be, indeed are meant to be(given free will by God), free to seek our own path.

Yes, I agree with you. God wants all of us to be saved. If we are right or wrong will be proven on the judgement day.
meanwhile we should challenge each other ... all of this is from the Quran.

This truth is 'our' truth :)

Now, if you have a listening ear for me, trust me, all of what you said was okay, accept one comment ...

"Islam refuses to accept any truth but its own and at the threat of death."

This is not true. Not just that, this is a challenge. i have not read too many of your challenges, however, this one is an offensive challenge. If you had said : islam refuses any truth but its own - and full stop - I would have had no problem agreeing with you. However, the later part is not true, according to what I know of my religion. This not just a challenge to me, its an offensive challenge.
Ask me why? Because, you are telling me that my religion commands to kill anyone who does not pray, who drinks alcohol, who worships idols, who fornicate, who do XYZ ...
This is not true!! my religion does not do this. So, either you ask if Islam is like this or not, or you don't say say things which are not true to our belief with authority. Please. - Have this little bit of discretion and perhaps you can find friends amongst us.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 11:49pm

Smile Yes we are. Complaining to each other about our respective truths ... LOL!!

Do you want to go somewhere else?

[/COLOR]
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 12:00am

The Chinease say there are three kinds of truth : your truth, my truth and our truth.

Just wanted to note that the 'truth' in this case were news articles.  Not my truth, but the news as it was reported in the country from which it stemmed.  It is when that kind of truth is suppressed that I find it disturbing.  I think it serves no good purpose when facts are hidden.

Reminds me an old joke.

Once someone died and met God in Heaven. While he was conversing with Him, a red beeper went off for a split second ... he asked what that meant - God said this indicates someone just lied.

Then it went off again and again ...

then suddenly too frequently for a long span of time. This man got confused, 'now, what is this?'

He was told this is British Broadcasting Service going on air !!

Tongue 

Yeah, I agree with you, new items should be reported AND correctly. It is our right to know unabridged,  unanalysed truth.

Sadly, I dont trust the media services. Do you?

Edited by Nausheen - 03 July 2012 at 12:02am

[/COLOR]
lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 5:22am
Assalaamoalaikum Nausheen. 
Smile
I really enjoyed this post of yours.  You make me want to read all of your 3903 posts.
Ps,  I am not a stalker, just an admirer. Wink
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 9:20pm

Smile Yes we are. Complaining to each other about our respective truths ... LOL!!

Do you want to go somewhere else?

LOL  lol
I was responding to the administrator who was telling me to take this conversation to the complaint section.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic