IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Disappointed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disappointed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disappointed
    Posted: 26 June 2012 at 2:56pm
I am disappointed to see that many of my posts, which I put a great deal of time and thought into, have been deleted, so this is obviously not a forum for open discussion but rather a censored media.  I am disappointed that I can not find any site to have discussion with Muslims that is open to expression of all thoughts and sharing of all information to allow individuals to reach their own conclusions.  The Bereans were commended for always seeking the Truth in all things so they might know that they belong to the One God.

"Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true."

I find it enlightening to observe the constant need for this censoring which you do not find in all places.  Some do not fear to have the truth tested.

It is hard to learn about another person when open discussion of views, news, and events, is disallowed.

There is a quote that I often cite:
"People with nothing to hide, hide nothing."

Edited by Caringheart - 26 June 2012 at 2:58pm
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2012 at 7:17am
Haven't seen any of the posts that got deleted, so am not sure what vauchafed the moderation.

It may be a chagrin you are not able to voice your thoughts as you may please.

Ive heard, when in Rome, act like Romans do. Im not asking you to be like muslims, but try to learn what might offend them, then ask your Qs in a manner which is devoid of such offenses ... for the sake of knowledge (and truth) one might want to go to any lengths (?)

Ive personally discussed my religion with many non-muslims here but on occaisions have deleted posts from several others, so surely there is a criterion being followed.

Keep posting and posting till you succeed :)

Good luck!

Edited by Nausheen - 30 June 2012 at 7:20am
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2012 at 9:24am
I've been around a few Social Networking Sites (SNS) and what I've found is that the powers be always delete topics that are considered to be controversial and they like topics that are 'safe'. In my opinon, there is no harm in debating all topics if they are debated sensibly and in a civilised way.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2012 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Keep posting and posting till you succeed :)

Good luck!

Thank you for the encouragement.
It is difficult when Truth is offensive.
I was simply discussing the truth of apostasy and that it is an offense that is being punished by death even to this day.
I had taken a lot of time and put in the research to make sure I was not speaking off the cuff and offensively.  That is why I find it so discouraging, that truth can not be discussed openly, and that something that I had put so much time and thought into could be so wantonly deleted.  I was in the middle of a discussion with another person, now half of that discussion is gone.

Edited by Caringheart - 30 June 2012 at 3:57pm
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Not necessarily the truth in and of itself is offensive. It could be that the truth per se poses no problem, however the manner in which it is presented could be read as a breach of ettiquette (always have a hard time spelling this).
For instance, Ive been in Japan for the past 15 years, but am still offended everytime someone asks my age - however for the japanese its just asking a plain question {they are asking for a plain truth}. - if you know what I mean.

I was simply discussing the truth of apostasy and that it is an offense that is being punished by death even to this day.

The Chinease say there are three kinds of truth : your truth, my truth and our truth.

Perhaps why we have discussions, debates, arguments and fights is because onmany of these occassions we are focusing on a different 'type' truth than the opposite party.
If we bear in mind the Chinease definition of truth, we will know that 'the' truth for each one of us is seldom same.

Religion and secular matters cannot be discussed in the same spirit.

eg. if you not agree with me on a scientific theory, I might not be offended by 'your' truth.

However if the case is religion, the truth which you want to present - which at the same time is undermining 'my' truth may be undermining the truth which I believe to be a truth from 'my' God.
Thus, 'your' truth when presented callously can end up hurting many feelings, thereby,   not winning you a desirable audiance.  
Please ponder over Lamp
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Not necessarily the truth in and of itself is offensive. It could be that the truth per se poses no problem, however the manner in which it is presented could be read as a breach of ettiquette (always have a hard time spelling this).
For instance, Ive been in Japan for the past 15 years, but am still offended everytime someone asks my age - however for the japanese its just asking a plain question {they are asking for a plain truth}. - if you know what I mean.

The Chinease say there are three kinds of truth : your truth, my truth and our truth.

Perhaps why we have discussions, debates, arguments and fights is because onmany of these occassions we are focusing on a different 'type' truth than the opposite party.
If we bear in mind the Chinease definition of truth, we will know that 'the' truth for each one of us is seldom same.

Religion and secular matters cannot be discussed in the same spirit.

eg. if you not agree with me on a scientific theory, I might not be offended by 'your' truth.

However if the case is religion, the truth which you want to present - which at the same time is undermining 'my' truth may be undermining the truth which I believe to be a truth from 'my' God.
Thus, 'your' truth when presented callously can end up hurting many feelings, thereby,   not winning you a desirable audiance.  
Please ponder over Lamp

Thank you for your humble message.  I do appreciate it.

Tao -
truth -
I agree it is seldom the same.
This is the reason I have a problem with Islam.
Islam refuses to accept any truth but its own and at the threat of death.
I say let each have his own truth and answer to his own God.
Only God in the end determines whose truth is correct.
In the meantime it is good to challenge one another to be sure we are following the One Truth.
In conversations with Muslims my truth is attacked all the time, and though offensive, I do not take offense. 
I only share my Truth, my God.  I am secure in my Truth.  I can only answer offensive attacks with my Truth as my God has shown it to me, and do it in love.
I believe God wants all to be saved.  On the day of judgement we will know whether or not we are.  In the meantime I believe we each need to be, indeed are meant to be(given free will by God), free to seek our own path.

Edited by Caringheart - 02 July 2012 at 10:52pm
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 10:19pm

Caringheart: "Islam refuses to accept any truth but its own and at the threat of death."

In Islam, there is no compulsion in religion. It has already been explained to you in another thread Muslim Women and 'Canadian Values'.

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=22306&PN=7

Please ask your questions in �Islam for non-Muslim section� or discuss religious issues in details in the �Interfaith section.� I suggest you read the guidelines in entirety and comply with:

Guidelines

Also, if you have any concern, please post it in the Comment & Complaint section.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

Caringheart: "Islam refuses to accept any truth but its own and at the threat of death."

In Islam, there is no compulsion in religion. It has already been explained to you in another thread Muslim Women and 'Canadian Values'.

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=22306&PN=7

Please ask your questions in �Islam for non-Muslim section� or discuss religious issues in details in the �Interfaith section.� I suggest you read the guidelines in entirety and comply with:

Guidelines

Also, if you have any concern, please post it in the Comment & Complaint section.

Peace

I am not asking a question.  I am having a conversation with an entirely different person than I was before and on an entirely different subject.  So you do make it very difficult and confusing to have conversations with people.  I am meaning no disrespect, and in fact half of my conversation with that other person disappeared which I feel was quite disrespectful tome since I had put alot of time and energy and research into that conversation.  I know it is your forum and I consider myself to be a very considerate, respectful, and compliant person.  It is just very difficult here to engage in any kind of meaningful discussion when that discussion is always being interrupted, or moved, or discontinued, for reasons unexplained.  I do not know if you will have an objection to my responding to you here or not but I think it would be confusing to move to the complaint section when you have addressed me here. 
I was going to try to write to you in the complaint section but it will be easier to share all this here.  I hope this will be ok with you because, as you will read, I work on a dinosaur of a computer and it is not so easy to begin with.

Not a complaint, but more of an observation or a request;
I must say, it is hard to know if a posting has been deleted, or just never posted, if the moderator does not notify, with a reason, that a post is being deleted or refused.  I personally have a dinosaur for a computer and things do get lost entirely on their own.  Also it would be helpful to mutual understanding if reasons were given.  I try not to write anything deliberately offensive but only facts which I have researched and studied both sides of.  I seek only understanding and as I have said I am a considerate person.

I think it is beneficial when all can be allowed enlightenment.
Thanking you for patience.

Edited by Caringheart - 29 January 2013 at 12:06am
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic