IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Alaska, one of the best places for muslims to live  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alaska, one of the best places for muslims to live

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 5:22pm
Wow, really?
W.S. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 3:35am
Originally posted by lady lady wrote:

About the documentary, there are alot of arabs here in Alaska.

Oh, I didn't know that. 

The food here is wonderful.  I am not a huge meat eater, but it is also strange that the people here eat Moose.  I heard that it is not halaal meat. I will find out more about this later, because if not then I want to make sure that I can at least eat it before I leave Alaska.SmileSmile

I read somethere that it is halal but I can't recall where.

I really like the idea that some people are chosing not to have running water, or electricity in their homes.   I really like that idea.

Me too! 

What is surprising here is that the native americans I see are homeless or drunks.  And this makes me sad.  I asked some of my coworkers about them, and they that the reason for this is because the goverment gives them alot of money for their land that they stole many years ago. Also too the government is using their land for oil.  So they are getting paid for that as well.    I disagree with this explanation.    I did not have the opportunity to ask a native american about this.

Maybe you'll get the opportunity to talk a native american or two? Could it be segregation? Unemployment? Having been treated like a 2nd class citizen?

If you come to America for a visit then you must make a visit to Alaska.  Smile

The fact that you seem so fascinated by it and that you like it so much there is inspiring Smile It seems very nice. Well, expect for the women...

P.S. One of my coworkers  invited me to go with her on a helicopter ride and  to do many other things with her and her friends.    I had to refused because I had to work.  My coworker travels as a RN like me.  Anyway, what was interesting is that during one of her sight seeings she was talking to another lady.  And that lady invited them to her family's guest house.  And my friend said that their house was strange beause there was so many stuff dead animals on the walls, and everywhere.  Even to the point that they were hanging from the banisters of the stairs. So that lady who invited them was talking about her family.  She started  naming the people in her family from one of the photos that was hanging on the wall. And one of those photos she pointed to her sister Sarah.  Then an hour went by, and my friend kept hearing this lady say Sarah, her sister,....... Then my friend finally said, "you are not talking about Sarah Palin are you?" And that lady said "yes she is my sister." haha
So I asked my friend, well how was Sarah's sister. She said she was so polite and down to earth, and laid back.  Just like the rest of the alaskans.  Smile

Funny story! Palin's sister seems nicer than Palin then.
lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:16am
To be fair about Sarah Palin, I am sure that there were lies told about her making certain comments about alot of things.  I did not think of her much until coming to alaska.  For example, one of the many rumors was that she made the comment that "she could see russia from alaska."  Even if she was not geographically aware of russia, it would be difficult to make this comment as an alaskan.  The reason for this is because there are alot of orthodox russians here, and alaskans know that the US bought alaska from the russians.  I really have more respect for Sarah now that I am in alaska. 

W.S. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2012 at 12:07pm
Maybe there have been lies told, I don't know. But I was thinking more of the fact that she's a Republican and a prominent member of that horrid Tea Party Movement.
azzim izhwan View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azzim izhwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2012 at 4:05am
assalamualaikum, greetings from Malaysian muslim.
its sound so nice and tempting to live in Alasca, US. maybe i should pay my visit here if i want to continue my study in Us. :)
lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2012 at 7:07am
Walaakum Salaam. 
Yes, you should come to visit.  Right now the weather is in the lower to mid 60's.  Come before the winter starts.  It can get to -10 degrees here for the winter, but in some areas it gets -30 degrees. Winter months last for 8 months. I hear that by October darkness begins at 3pm, so make sure you come soon.  Just stop by the masjid, I am sure that there are men here who will open their door for you to show you some alaskan hospitality.  Smile
lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 7:09am
Alaska is not at all a boring place. There are many physical activities that a person can find himself enjoying.  The people here are really gentle and kind, and so personable.....Smile Alhamduallah.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic