IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - looking for my place in the sun  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

looking for my place in the sun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Starter
Starter

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlh123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 7:50am
Yes, this is so. 
Unfortuantely this issue irritates my temper.  I can't stand peer pressure.
I used to hang out with party animals.  I never drank, but guranteed every time I went to a party there would always be tons of people urging me to drink! 
The muslim community should not make people feel pressured to be anything. This is very bad. The Prophet (pbh) was not the kind of person who pressued others. And yet these same muslims claim to emulate him.

I feel that many people have confused fear of Allah with fear of the world.
They feel that it is thier responsiblity to instill the fear of Allah into others by threatening them with hellfire. This is not thier obligation and they disobey Allah blatantly by doing this. If a man sees hellfire in a dream then it was a vision sent by Allah as guidance.  All these muslims are accomplishing is creating fear of muslims and driving people away from the mosques.

The Qu'ran clearly states that fear of Allah comes from Allah.  Love of Allah comes from Allah. 

nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by tlh123 tlh123 wrote:

How horrible and disgusting is it that the same da'wa freaks out there urging everyone to become muslim then turn right around and dog out new muslims?  That is despicable!  SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

Would not it be better if you advancing it yourself? Hey I learned Islam pretty much from nobody, books and videos are available out there. You will well satisfied gaining something with your own sweat, make sense?
abjad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abjad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2012 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by tlh123 tlh123 wrote:

The last thing I'm going to say before I log off is this:  Who among you on the day of Judgment will have any excuse?

how are you!
i hear a sect claiming that their Prophet died for there sins'

How can a people who claim to be so much better than Christians and Jews make themselves like Christians and Jews and remain arrogant about how much better they are than others?

'as far as Human, none can be better hen the other in the eyes of Allah.

How horrible and disgusting is it that the same da'wa freaks out there urging everyone to become muslim then turn right around and dog out new muslims?  That is despicable!  SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

"and what about you now are doing about, Ya! a baboon laughs at it mates yet has forgotten how bumpy buttocks they have.

Please:
talk something iam prepared to listen and exchange ideas as far as we are alive.
I pm you . try to answer and get to know each other.

Edited by abjad - 14 July 2012 at 12:37pm
tlh123 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlh123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 8:13am
  Honestly who is listening?  No one.  If it doesn't fit in with the approved script then it isn't heard or taken into consideration.

It seems like the best I can do is carry on alone.  No problem. Been at that for quite some time now. 

There is no help for anyone except from Allah.

lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2012 at 2:02am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Walaikkum As'alaam

Many born Muslims are susupicious of reverts and tend to be aloof and unwelcoming, especially for women.

Some not most. Smile

If you can try to connect with sisters from your local masjid, and bear in mind that they may not be very welcoming at first.

Dont scare her. Smile Just give them the salaams, and introduce yourself, and have a normal conversation with them.  I am sure that they will be welcoming to you.  If you find a group that is not then find another one.Smile

Asian women especially  tend to stick to their own race and do not really mingle with other races.
Alot of races do this but you must not wait for someone to welcome you. Smile

I met someone from UAE for the first time, five months ago, and she and her family were telling me that alot of people there do not like pakistanis.  So isolation of other people happens everywhere.  But with the asians, alot of times they do not get outside much.  So therefore, when they see other muslims who speak their language, they become really excited.  So they tend to seperate themselves for that reason.  And some do not think that they speak english well, so therefore they may be shy to speak it with others.   And then you have some or few who like to be around their own kind more, etc.
Smile
Don't give up on God. Remember also that shaytan is after new converts, he will try to make you deviate from the Stright Path so do not give in to him.
 Smile
May Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala guide you and make it easy for you to stay on the Striaght Path. Ameen. 
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2012 at 8:32am
Originally posted by lady lady wrote:

Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

I met someone from UAE for the first time, five months ago, and she and her family were telling me that alot of people there do not like pakistanis.  So isolation of other people happens everywhere. 

Emiratis are by no means isolated from Pakistanis.

shaheed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaheed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2012 at 2:16am
Sis,

I feel what you are going through, but like what Abu Laren said people who you are talking about and us too, all are human beings who makes mistakes .

what I suggest is don't be like Nigerian nor Pakistanis...etc but do what Islamic teachings say stick to God be with Him (more regular in prayers, more reciting of Quran, be nice to all, ask for His help) all that will make you feel better.. but in this regard what will certainly make you better is night prayer (other that Isha prayer) and keep fasting on Mondays, Thursdays, 14, 15, and 16 of Hijri months (i.e when the moon is complete " that is 14" and the next two days: 15&16, but dont rely on Muslim to be as good as you want them to be....that is impossible...cause Eeman increase and decrease: there is a direct relation between one's good deeds and sincerity to Allah and Eeman.

God Bless you and dont give up

Edited by shaheed - 15 August 2012 at 5:25am
shaheed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaheed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2012 at 5:49am
Sis,

I'm back again to the forum and you are still in a grouchy and grumbly mood.
You must know that being good Muslim who seeks Allah's acceptance and consent is not a joke, it's a ling path. our prophet (P.B.U.H)says that Heaven is surrounded with extreme difficulties and hardships and Hellfire is full with desires( what Man likes: sex, drinking, ...etc).So we have to fight Devil as well as Our own selves, bear and stand others' wickedness and insults towards you+ keeping a sound relation with The All Mighty Allah...that is what life is all about....
My advice is DO THAT and stop complaints.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic