IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Punishment for Non-Muslims?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Punishment for Non-Muslims?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahayassen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Punishment for Non-Muslims?
    Posted: 13 June 2012 at 5:19am
Assalam alyoukom

When non-Muslims perform a sin (such as a gender/sex change), but it is not necessarily a crime under a certain country's law, how will they be punished in the current life? I understand that the after life will be a direct result of what they do in the current world. However, since there are no laws against a sex change in a certain region, does a Muslim take matter into his/her own hands and punish the individual?

My second part of the question: if someone commits a sin in an Islamic nation, who decides what the punishment will be? I understand that something might be explicitly forbidden in the Quran, but who decides what the punishment is? The issue rises because there are different opinions among scholars. Let's take a situation where the nation that decides that as punishment for a sex change, the nation will behead the individual. What if Allah (swt) is not happy with this punishment? What if it is too severe? Or too non-severe?

Edited by tahayassen - 13 June 2012 at 5:20am
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 6:58pm
does a Muslim take matter into his/her own hands and punish the individual?

No he doesn't punish the individual

My second part of the question: if someone commits a sin in an Islamic nation, who decides what the punishment will be?

Penal code of the country decides what the punishment will be

What nation beheads for a sex change?

Allah is able to do all things, but we must have patience with those matters we are unable to change, and especially if changing what we dislike will bring about a greater harm to oneself or society. Chill.  Make du'a.  Speak with those in authority.

The question of severe or lenient punishments are subjective opinions, and most democratic societies decide upon appropriate penalties.  I live in California and we have the death penalty for certain types of murder, and I am personally in favor of capital punishment for murder.  Other states do not impose the death penalty for murder opting for life in prison as an alternative, or a long prison sentences.

Edited by abuayisha - 13 June 2012 at 7:02pm
tahayassen View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahayassen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 9:56am
Punishments are subjective as you have said. If there is a country where all Muslims lived in, what would be the perfect penal code for a sin such as homosexuality? Is it possible to have the perfect penal code? How do we know that Allah (swt) is happy with the penal code one may have in a country? As far as I know, there are countries that punish by death for homosexuality.

Edited by tahayassen - 14 June 2012 at 9:56am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic