IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why do women leave their husband?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why do women leave their husband?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2012 at 8:02am
Well if you're saying most problems in a marriage are the fault of men you certainly won't get any argument from me.  I just think it is so sad that couples go through years of raising children and careers, only to enter into late 40s and 50 years of age and divorce.  How nice it would be to for them to live as grandparents together - sharing old memories.  "sigh"
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 11:16pm
Sidi, big smile to you. [Meeting after a long time so, I was trying to be friendly-ly nasty with you!]

No am not saying most marriages fail because of men only OR because of women only.

Just that I thought there was some insinuations against the inherent faults of my gender and my natural instinct came to defend it.

I totally agree with you, if couples live together to raise grandchildren this is how I have seen families in real life, back at home. Both my grandparents on both side of the family tree were alive till I got married.

5 years down the road when my brother was getting married, my grandfather  (paternal) had passed away. My grandmother (maternal) is still alive mashAllah, and she has seen 3 of her great grandchildren :)

Have experienced quite a bit on the subject, realistically and through marriage mentoring books etc ... I think the amount of concern America shows for the success of marriages is amazing. Perhaps its because their stats are true and pretty high on the side of failure.

As for other countries (like India) the situation is more complex. Stats are not so true and the level of happiness in those marriages which are 'intact' on paper is not always very high.

It seems we cannot lump all countries in one basket to discuss this subject. Personally I believe there is a tacit taboo within societies (in asian counties) for divorce and that allows things to be taken for granted. In this respect, the level of happiness which is there in the 50% of american marriages which do survive is commendable.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic