IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can I pray for revenge or harm to a fellow muslim  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can I pray for revenge or harm to a fellow muslim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Husnarahim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I pray for revenge or harm to a fellow muslim
    Posted: 03 May 2012 at 9:26pm
Assalamalaikum,

I and my parents have been cheated and deceived by a man. He broke our trust and always lied to us. He is now not a part of our lives but I always pray to Allah (s.W.T) for revenge and that he suffers a lot in his life. Is this wrong? There is not a single day that i dont pray against him. I cannot forgive him, I know to forgive is divine. But he cheated my parents also so i cannot forgive him. Please tell me is it wrong?
lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 1:55am
Assalaamoalalikum sister.  It is better to forgive him.  I know that when you make a dua for someone, the angels will make the same dua for you. PLease be careful about the duas that you make for others.... you do not want it to come back to you.   I understand your pain, and that you would like to see revenge on this guy.  Allah (SWT) hears your cries and sees your tears, and everything will be accounted for in this life or the hereafter. 
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 6:04pm

Originally posted by Husnarahim Husnarahim wrote:

Assalamalaikum,

I and my parents have been cheated and deceived by a man. He broke our trust and always lied to us. He is now not a part of our lives but I always pray to Allah (s.W.T) for revenge and that he suffers a lot in his life. Is this wrong? There is not a single day that i dont pray against him. I cannot forgive him, I know to forgive is divine. But he cheated my parents also so i cannot forgive him. Please tell me is it wrong?

Salam Alaikum Sister.

Maybe you are not ready to forgive him now... perhaps in time you might be healed enough to forgive him inshAllah.

If you HAVE to somehow vent to Allah (swt) try use gentler words like "give him what he deserves" rather than ''Oh Allah make him suffer".

Or how about "Oh Allah, give me and my parents ajr for the trials we went through"

Or "Oh Allah, make him realize his mistake and the bad things he did to us".

These are better duas than praying for suffering. Also, do you know sis that when we forgive other people, Allah gives us a lot of reward and forgives us too.  Look what Allah has to say for your situation:

�Hold to forgiveness, command what is right, and turn away from the ignorant.� (Qur�an, 7: 199)

�The repayment of a bad action is one equivalent to it. But if someone pardons and puts things right, his reward is with Allah�� (Qur�an, 42:40)

��. But if you pardon and exonerate and forgive, Allah is Ever-Forgiving, Most Merciful.� (Qur�an, 64: 14)

�But if someone is steadfast and forgives, that is the most resolute course to follow.� (Qur�an, 42:43)

They should forgive and forebear. Do you not love that Allah should forgive you? And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.� [Sūrah al-Nūr: 22]

http://navedz.wordpress.com/2007/05/16/forgiveness-and-its-benefits-on-health-quran/

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Husnarahim Husnarahim wrote:

Assalamalaikum,

Hi Husnarahim,

I am sorry for these bad things happening to you and to your parents, and I understand your feelings.

But God is the only one able to make justice in life and after life, so you should leave this justice on His hands.

Pray for good things, to help you all to forgive and forget, and maybe you will be rewarded with something better than what that man was offering you.

Just try your best to forgive, and keep supporting your parents. Don't lose your energy in anger or bad ideas, just try to pray and ask God to take care of your parents. They are more important than any revenge, isn't it?

Kind regards,
Patricixa
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic