IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am learning about Islam...But...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am learning about Islam...But...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILoveAll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am learning about Islam...But...
    Posted: 29 April 2012 at 7:02am
I love god but my faith is weak. I am trying to learning a lot about Islam before I convert like how to pray but it is hard for me to remember the surahs. Can anyone help me?
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 8:37pm
Salam/Peace,

In the beginning you don't to pray in Arabic. You can prya in english first, while you learn the arabic version.

You don't need to be perfect to be something including to be muslim, nobody perfect anyway. learning is th whole life process, so in my opinion  you don't need to wait any longer if you have intention to convert.

Prayer in video:

Quran Memorizer:
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2012 at 4:03pm
Becoming a Muslim is a life long journey, I was born a Muslim and still I am in process of learning about aspects of Islamic teachings and memorizing more suras.
My wife became Muslim about ten years ago, she still has hard time memorizing suras (not that she is slow) :) its just that way, we learn as we go about this journey as long as we are heading the right direction, the way to our final  destination. And most important, direct our service and worship to none other but our maker, God Almighty.
May Allah help us all in our efforts and guide us to the right, Ameen.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

shaheed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaheed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2012 at 5:07am
Dear Bro.,
It's so easy and not any hard, all what u have to do is, go to any islamic centre and (after fully convinced) convert to Islam, then they will guide you as to what u have to do, as far as memorizing Surah and stuff, that will come gradually. Like I'm a Mulim born and I'm over 40 yrs. but till now I dont memorize more than 30-40 Surah of the 114 Surahs.

It's not necessary to memorize many Surah to perform your prayers....the only Must is one Surah (Surat Alfatiha) and then you can memorize one or two Surah ( there are soooo small Suras (may be two or three lines....that u can start with, then u go on learning path. it's just interesting.
DO IT....

Edited by shaheed - 12 August 2012 at 5:08am
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2012 at 12:46am
There are many surahs I want to learn, but feel like a hypocrite even as I write this, because my efforts are so lacking!

In experience, if we repeat small protions of Quran everyday eventually we tend to retain them.

Another way to memorising_made_easy is by 'trying' to learn arabic. It has definitely helped me a great deal.

wishing you all the best in your road to success, ameen.
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic