IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CRUCIFIED OR CRUCIPLAYED  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CRUCIFIED OR CRUCIPLAYED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Rahman Shaik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahman Shaik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2013 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Placid Placid wrote:

Hi Rahman,

--- But what you call �an isolated incident� --- the Day of Pentecost, was the launching of the Gospel going into all the world, as Jesus had said. --- Notice how PUBLIC this was in Acts 2:
1 When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.
3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
The Crowd�s Response
5 And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven.
6 And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language.
7 Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, �Look, are not all these who speak Galileans?
8 And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born?
9 Parthians and Medes and Elamites, those dwelling in Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,
10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya adjoining Cyrene, visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes,
11 Cretans and Arabs�we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God.�
12 So they were all amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, �Whatever could this mean?�

The Celebration of the Day of Pentecost was as important to the Jews as the Pilgrimage is to Muslims. --- In fact this is what the Bible Dictionary says:
Quote: The combined feast of Passover and Unleavened bread was one of the three feasts the Mosaic law enjoined to be attended by all male Jews who were physically able and ceremonially clean. The other two were �The Feast of Weeks, or Pentecost, and the Feast of Tabernacles. These were known as the pilgrimage festivals, and on all of them special sacrifices were offered. --- End of quote.

This was why there were great crowds living temporarily in Jerusalem and were amazed at this outpouring of the Holy Spirit on men.

Placid

A basic study suggests that Pentecost incident is a means of Anti-Islamic forces to divert the attention away from Muhammad (PBUH) who is pointed towards in Bible by Jesus (PBUH). This incident was given undue importance to suggest that the promise of another comforter is fulfilled with this incident itself. To justify this, its told that Peter said:

�Jesus was lifted up to heaven. Now he is with God, at God�s right side. The Father has given the Holy Spirit to him, as he promised. So Jesus has now poured out that Spirit. This is what you see and hear.� [Acts 2:33]

But what they fail to see is this:

Then Peter stood up with the other eleven apostles. He spoke loudly so that all the people could hear. He said, �My Jewish brothers and all of you who live in Jerusalem, listen to me. I will tell you something you need to know. Listen carefully. These men are not drunk as you think; it�s only nine o�clock in the morning. But Joel the prophet wrote about what you see happening here today. This is what he wrote:

ï¿½God says: In the last days I will pour out my Spirit on all people.

Your sons and daughters will prophesy.

Your young men will see visions. Your old men will have special dreams.

In those days I will pour out my Spirit on my servants, men and women, and they will prophesy.

I will work wonders in the sky above. I will cause miraculous signs on the earth below.

There will be blood, fire, and thick smoke.

The sun will be changed into darkness, and the moon will be as red as blood.

Then the great and glorious day of the Lord will come. And everyone who trusts in the Lord will be saved.�

[Acts 2:14-22]

So is Pentecost a fulfilment of Jesus�s Prophecy or Joel�s Prophecy? Contradiction! and this is ascribed to Peter! There is more �

-        During the Pentecost incident, when all were in a trance and shaking, how could Peter alone was un-effected and mentioned the above words? Did holy-spirit not envelop him correctly or completely?

Clearly this incident is used to divert away attention about Another Comforter. What I can see in this incident are not any wonders of holy-spirit but clear manifestation of contradictions. Even if you take it as Joel�s prophecy, notice the below points �

-        If you read Joel�s prophecy, you can easily make out that it�s talking about the last day or apocalypse. On the day of Pentecost however, just a strong wind came and the room where apostles were sitting was enveloped with a sound.

-        Then divided tongues of fire appeared .. What happened to holy-spirit my dear? The holy-spirit that appeared like a dove with Jesus (PBUH) changed to a fiery fire?

-        As per Joel�s prophecy � the spirit has to be poured on to all people.. but here its effecting only a few people.

-        What about the visions of young men and dreams of old men? No such things seem to have happened

-        What about signs on the sky and blood? No such thing happened.

-        �sun will be changed into darkness, and the moon will be as red as blood� .. where did it all happen on the day of Pentecost?

What you need to understand from the prophecy of Comforter from Jesus (PBUH)�s words is that the comforter is coming for fulfilling a wider mission than this:

-        To teach everything and remind everything that Jesus(PBUH)�s has taught [John 14:26]

-        To Lead us in to All Truth [John 16:13]

-        To  prove about sin, righteousness and judgement [John 16:8-12]

-        To speak not his own words but speak what he hears and tell us what is to come [John 16:13]

The above tasks are something a Prophet only can deliver who lives among the people. These are not something that can be done with an incident like Pentecost. Do you see any link between that incident of tongues of fire and above tasks? Can you still justify Pentecost as something equal to pilgrimage?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahman Shaik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2013 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Placid Placid wrote:

Hi Rahman,

--- It is stated plainly in John 14:
16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever�

Another Comforter = Muhammad (PBUH)

ï¿½I have told you all these things while I am with you.  But the Comforter will teach you everything and cause you to remember all that I told you. This Comforter is the Holy Spirit that the Father will send in my name.� [John 14:25-28]

It is argued from the above that the Comforter is the Holy Spirit.. the same one that was coming to earlier prophets and Jesus (Peace Be upon them all) in the form of a dove. Let us see if this argument has any strength to stand:

Notice the following �

�And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever� .. [John 14:16]

Before analysing who exactly is this �Comforter�, What you need to understand is that in the original scripts, comforter or holyspirit are also referred to as �Advocate�

And an important point is that Jesus (PBUH) himself is referred to as an �Advocate�

And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous [1 John 2:1]

So Jesus is also advocate or comforter. Can we also call him holyspirit? In that case what about the holyspirit that was coming to Jesus (PBUH) in the form of dove? So this means the holyspirit that is being referred here in the place of Comforter and the Holyspirit that is coming to Jesus (PBUH) in the form of dove must be different.

Ok, let us go further, have a look at that prophecy of Comforter again:

�And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever� .. [John 14:16]

Another comforter .. means another one like Jesus (PBUH) � so this is not referring to holyspirit here.

Can we say Another holyspirit?

If we were to believe that Comforter is equal to holyspirit, Another comforter has to be Another holyspirit?  Wait .. how many holyspirits do we have? I suppose it has to be only One.

Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit....[1 Corinthians 12:4]

So this simple analysis proves that Comforter is not the same as holyspirit. Otherwise Trinity is going to become Squarity (with One father, One Son and two Holy spirits)

�Nothing in me� proves Comforter is not holyspirit

.....and he hath nothing in me  [John 14:30]

If comforter is really relating to Holyspirit, then why Jesus (PBUH) says nothing in me.. Just think! Clearly thus comforter is not referring to holyspirit but to another Prophet who is not related to Jesus (Peace be upon them)

Conditions for comforter also prove he is not holyspirit

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. [ John 16:7-8]

So if we were to think that comforter is holyspirit, then why Jesus(PBUH) is saying he has to leave for holyspirit to come? Holyspirit was already there with Jesus (PUBH) in the form of dove no? Again clearly this proves comforter is not referring to holyspirit.

Also holyspirit came many times even before Jesus (PBUH), then logically there is no meaning giving prophecy about its coming if comforter is referring to holyspirit. Clearly comforter is pointing to a Prophet (PBUH)

So comforter is not holyspirit but holyspirit will help comforter .. Only this conclusion makes logical sense as comforter is described as someone who not speaks on his own but speaks what he hears.. hears from whom? From holyspirit.

Also see this -> http://www.mostmerciful.com/paraclete.htm

Edited by Rahman Shaik - 07 April 2013 at 2:17pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahman Shaik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Kish Kish wrote:

However, The Holy Scriptures is very clear that Muhammad is NOT a prophet sent from the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in which monotheism was practiced.

Deut. 18:18-20: �A prophet I shall raise up for them from the midst of their brothers, like you [like Moses]; and I shall indeed put my words in his mouth, and he will certainly speak to them all that I shall command him. And it must occur that the man who will not listen to my words that he will speak in my name, I shall myself require an account from him. However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die.�

May Peace be Upon the Prophets mentioned below-

1. Moses Killed an Egyptian, who being close to Pharaoh was antagonistic to the preaching of Moses. The significance of this is that Moses thought it fit to subdue anyone who created problems in his religious mission. On the other hand Jesus never subdued any of his religious adversaries. On the contrary, he himself was sent to the cross by those who opposed his mission.

1. The people of Moses were Idol worshippers when he became a Prophet and a Messenger. But the people of Jesus were not Idol worshippers when he became a Prophet.

1. Moses defeated his enemies and became victorious over them during his life-time. Jesus failed to do so. He was defeated by his enemies and was crucified.

1. Moses was not betrayed by his followers. But one of the disciples of Jesus betrayed him and brought him grief

1. Moses was born of a father and a mother and had a wife and children. Jesus was born without a father and had no wife and no children.

1. Moses delivered his people from the tyranny of Pharaoh and migrated from Egypt to another land. Jesus on the other hand could not deliver his people from the domination of the Romans and did not emigrate to another land.

1. Moses commanded his followers to recapture Palestine, which they did. Jesus never asked his followers to get engaged in a fight.

1. Moses received a new law from God. His law is known as Leviticus. Jesus did not prescribe any new law. He has said it clearly, as recorded in Matthew (5:17): �Think not that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I am not come to abolish them, but to fulfil them�

1. The entire nation of the children of Israel had accepted Moses as their leader and a Messenger of God. Jesus, on the other hand, was rejected by most of his people. Only a handful of 12 people accepted him. And even out of this small number, one eventually betrayed him and got him arrested by the enemy. This proves that even his followers did not pay him enough respect.

1. Moses lived a long life and had a natural death. Jesus lived a short life and died unnaturally on the cross.

1. After Moses demise, his nominated successor extended his rule over Palestine and Syria. No such event took place in the life of Jesus.

The above arguments clearly prove that the Prophet who is foretold by Moses had no resemblance with Jesus. In reality, Jesus was just the opposite of every case.

Now, the thing to consider is whether Muhammad resembled Moses in any manner, that is, how much of the above arguments apply to Muhammad.

1. Like Moses, Muhammad did fight to subdue the forces who were opposed to his mission.

1. Before their birth, the people of both Moses and Muhammad had fallen into worshipping idols.

1. Like Moses, Muhammad also defeated his enemies and became victorious over them.

1. Like Moses, no disciple of Muhammad was successful in betraying him.

1. Like Moses, Muhammad was born of a father and a mother and had wives and children

1. Moses delivered his people from the tyranny of Pharaoh and the Egyptians. Muhammad also emancipated his followers from the persecution of the Quraysh.

1. With the instructions of Moses, his successors sent forces to capture Palestine and Syria. Muhammad also left instructions to his successors, and during the rule of Umar, forces were sent to capture Palestine and Syria

1. Both Moses and Muhammad received a new set of laws from God

1. Both Moses and Muhammad were accepted as leaders by their people.

1. Both Moses and Muhammad had a family life and completed their earthly life with a natural death.

1. Moses along with his followers had to leave his place of birth and migrate to another land. Muhammad too had to leave his birth-place Makka and migrate to Madina with his disciples.

1. Both Moses and Muhammad commanded their disciples to fight their enemies and joined the fights themselves.

These arguments prove beyond any doubt that Muhammad was like Moses. On the other hand, no description from the life of Jesus Christ matches that of Moses. Therefore, Jesus was not like Moses.

Who was from among �their� brethren?

According to the prophecy contained in the scripture revealed to Moses, the Final Prophet will be from among the brethren of Moses and his people i.e Israel. It implies that the Final Prophet will not come in the progeny of Moses and his people i.e Israel. He will be in the progeny of those who are regarded as the brethren of Israel. This assertion if further strengthened by Deuteronomy (34:10): �And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face�. The meaning of this statement is that in future there will be no Prophet among the people of Israel who will be like Moses i.e. who will speak to God.

What needs to be considered now is how Muhammad was from among the brethren of Israel. The Prophet Abram (Abraham, Ibrahim in Quran) had 2 sons. His first wife was Sarah. At a time when Sarah had no children of her own, she appealed to Abraham to marry an Egyptian lady called Hagar (Hajira). A son was thus born and was named Ishmael (Ismail). Some years later Sarah also bore Abraham a son called Isaac (Ishaq). The Arabs are the children of Ishmael. The Jews or Israelites are the children of Isaac, the younger son of Abraham and step-brother of Ismael. The descendants of Ishamel are: Kidar, son of Ishmael; Adnan, a few generations from Kidar; Quraysh, a few generations from Adnan; Abd Manaf, a few generations from Quraysh; Hashim, son of Abd Manaf; Abdul Muttalib, son of Hashim; Abdullah, son of Abdul Muttalib; and MUHAMMAD, son of Abdullah.

On the other hand, the descendants of Isaac, the second son of Abraham are: Jacob (later named as Israel), son of Isaac; Judah, son of Jacob; and MOSES, a few generations from Judah.

So, it becomes clear that Muhammad was a descendant of Ishamel, the elder son of Abraham; and Moses was a descendant of Isaac, the younger son of Abraham. Thus there is a brotherly relationship between the two lines of descendants. And therefore, the revelation �from among their brethren� applies to Muhammad in every sense of the word.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahman Shaik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2013 at 11:48am

You make all these allegations but what scriptural proof do you have to back up what you say? I gave you mine where is yours?

Besides, everyone knows Moses and Jesus did NOT speak Arabic, so the term Allah is totally out of the picture! Bottom line, just as there is a stark contrast between night and day, so it is between the God of the Holy Scriptures and the God of the Quran as those 5 points show you.

After informing you that �Allah� is not a New word or Only-Arabic word or a new concept of God and that it�s the name of God in original Holy Scriptures earlier.,  now I want to let you know further about the words �Muslim� and �Islam�

ISLAM is not a new word or concept

The words �Muslim� and �Islam� are derived from the root word �Silm�. The meaning is �Peace� or �Submission to the will of God� or �Complete�.

The Aramaic (not Arabic) equivalent is �Shlam� .. this also has similar meanings.

Jesus (PBUH) said :

�Peace I leave with you, my (way of) peace I give unto you: not as the world gives it to you, but only as I give it to you�� [John 14:27]

Literally Jesus (PBUH) said in Aramaic:

�Shlama shabaq ana lakoon, Shlama deelee yaheb ana lakoon�

Notice � not like the world gives it to you (trinity etc??), but only as I give it to you�.

I am quoting 2 commentaries on this:

�Tranquility, that Peace which is under and in accordance to God�s will.� (Source � Enlightenment From Aramaic, Selected Passages from The Khaboris Manuscript, by Sadook De Mar Shimun, Archdeacon)

��the Peace which caused them to surrender themselves to God�� (Source - New Testament Light, George M. Lamsa, Page 141)

Let us now compare this with what Allah (SWT)  is saying in Quran:

�.. This day I have completed for you your religion, and have perfected my favour upon you, and have chosen for you Al-Islam for your religion� [5:3]

Shlama and Al-Islam both are derived from same root word

�� Verily, the religion with Allah is Al-Islam� [Quran 3:19]

�.. Whoever Allah wishes to guide, He opens his breast to Al-Islam�

Adherents of Islam are called Muslims [the one who surrenders to will of God]

MUSLIM is not a new word or concept

Jesus (PBUH) said:

�The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master..� [Luke 6:40]

Literally Jesus (PBUH) said in Aramaic:

�Ein talmeed na�aleh �al raboo; sheken kal adam she �Mushlam yihyek k�rabbo�

The words �Kal adam� means �All People or All of mankind or every human being�. This is to say that � in order to be like him, you have to be �Mushlam� like he was. The word �Mushlam� is also derived from the same root word as Muslim, Islam, Salaam, Shalom etc.,

Mashloom -  Convert, to change or turn from one belief or creed to another; to accept, or to be converted  to Moslemism [Source � Oraham�s Dictionary of the Stabilized and Enriched Assyrian Language and English, by Alexander Joseph Oraham, 1941]

Mishlamana  - Perfect/Complete [Source � Syriaic-English / Syriaic-Arabic dictionary, Louis Costaz]

Mishlam � Completion/End [Source � Dictionary of the Targumim, Talmud, Midrashic Lit]

Similarly Jesus (PBUH) used words like sahadoot (bearing witness) which is same Arabic equivalent �Shahaada�

Wa salee Abraham qadam Allaha = And Abraham prayed to Allah [Genesis 20:17]

Notice Salee (means he prayed) and compare it with Salaah (prayer) of Arabic.

�.. And He (Jesus, PBUH) went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed��. [Matthew 26:39]

And per Quran, Jesus (PBUH) said :

�It is Allah Who is my Lord and your Lord; then worship Him alone. This is a Way that is straight..� [Quran 3:51]

�Ibrahim was neither a Jew not a Christian, but he was true Muslim and he was not of those who associated partners with Allah..� [Quran 3:67]

�SAY.. We believed in Allah and what is revealed to us and what was revealed to Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq and Yaqub and the descendants, and what was given to Musa and Isa and what was given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them. And to Him we are submissive (ie Muslims)� [ Quran 2:136]

Brother - I hope you notice how much damage the translations of Holy Scriptures caused (from their original languages ie Aramaic/Hebrew to Greek and from Greek to English). Not only the meaning, whole concepts vanished !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahman Shaik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2013 at 2:06am

You make all these allegations but what scriptural proof do you have to back up what you say? I gave you mine where is yours?

Besides, everyone knows Moses and Jesus did NOT speak Arabic, so the term Allah is totally out of the picture! Bottom line, just as there is a stark contrast between night and day, so it is between the God of the Holy Scriptures and the God of the Quran as those 5 points show you.

Brother,
I think you still did not get the point - "Allah is not just a Arabic word", its the same word used in original language of all Prophets (Peace be upon them).

On the contrary, Can you prove to me that Moses (PBUH) and Jesus (PBUH) did not say "Allah" and said "Yehovah"??? I already proved to you that Jesus used the word "Allah" as he spoke in Aramaic (not Arabic) and given you the original transcpripts in Aramaic language in which its nothing but "Allah".

For me after reading Old Testament and Quran, I do not feel its a different God because the fundmental principle that God is only One and He alone be worshipped has not changed.. For me that is the single most important thing. This is why God is saying that come to terms with what is common between us and not the differences. 

We may not be able to understand these differences for ever with our limited mindset and keep arguing forever which is why God is again saying he will judge and explain about the differences we were fighting about on that day. But we can easily understand the common things.

Then what is your explanation about Quran? Surely it cant be written by a human being or Muhammad (PBUH).. I have tonnes of points to prove that. So do you think there is another God out there by name Allah apart from Yehovah?  How is this possible? Why fight over lables? Accept and follow God's message because our salvation is in that.

You are not answerable to anyone except God on this matter., May He guide you to the True path... Amen.

Edited by Rahman Shaik - 07 April 2013 at 11:51am
Kish View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2013 at 9:03pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahman Shaik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2013 at 12:37pm

1)    The Quran does not mention that Ishmael was the child to be   sacrificed by Abraham

The Holy Scriptures mentions Isaac

2)    The Quran does not mention that Muhammad was the promised seed of Abraham

The Holy Scriptures mentions Jesus

3)    The Quran does not mention that a covenant was made with Ishmael by God

The Holy Scriptures mentions Isaac

Brother,

I guess it can be clearly proved it was Ishmael (PBUH) and not Isaac (PBUH) that was to be sacrificed.. anyway, for me it doesnt make difference. If it makes for you, I can present you that article which I need to dig out as I read it sometime back.

I have read many hadiths in which Jibrael (AS) comes to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) while he was sitting among a group and reveal aspects of religion and later Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) acknowledges to those group of people that he was Jibrael (AS)., Anyway, I think the witness issue comes not for Prophets (peace be upon them) as the righteous among us only are chosen as Prophets (peace be upon them). Its for ordinary people like you and me to testify when we make a claim or commit something, we need to have witness support.

Now, Quran explains �X� number of things and it doesn�t explain �Y� number of things.

No matter how many things are explained, human tendency is to still wonder about things that are not explained.

Now you decide whether you want to be guided through these �X� number of things that are explained or mis-guided through �Y� number of things that are not explained.

God Almighty has complete wisdom and we do not know why he chose to explain only X number of things, he knows it best.

Edited by Rahman Shaik - 06 April 2013 at 12:40pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahman Shaik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2013 at 12:21pm
Father and Son

It makes me feel miserable how can this small concept of Father and Son cause so much confusion? Why some people do not apply logic and sense?

When God is One as per the first commandment, then how there can be a second God equivalent to first one be it in the form of Son or something else?

If you truly believe God can have a Son in literal sense, what is the difference between you and Hindus who believe God can have wives, sons, daughters etc. (Atleast they believe in a complete family !!!)

It�s absurd that the Son in the earlier Holy Scriptures is taken literally. Can�t you understand God is calling his loved slaves or Prophets affectionately as Sons? Jesus (PBUH) is not the only one called Son. Many more were called Son before Jesus (PBUH) and in some places God is calling all humans as Sons. Jesus (PBUH) said my father and your father referring to God.. Doesn�t it make sense to you that he is referring God as Father in the sense that He is his and our Creator?

For who in the heaven can be compared unto the Lord? who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the Lord .. [Psalms 89:6]

You are the childrenof the LORD your God�. [Deuteronomy 14:1]

Jesus (PBUH) also called people Son, daughter

You can see that Jesus (PBUH) called someone his Son .. Matthew 9:2

Jesus (PBUH) called some one his daughter .. Matthew 9:22

Now can you take this in literal sense?

You say church father.. Is he literally a biological father for all those church members?

So what is your meaning of Jesus (PBUH) being Son of God?

Son is the one who is born of your Sperm, Jeans , blood etc.

Do you imply Jesus is born of these elements of God? Does God have these elements? May God forgive for He is above all this. If your meaning of Son is not this then what it is and what is your point in claiming divinity for Jesus (PBUH) while God of Old testament is clearly declaring that none in heaven and his sons can be likened to him?

Father, son, wife � these are human relationships.. How can we apply these things to God? I fail to understand what happens to your common sense in this regard. It�s like saying that if Human created bi-cycle, then human should also be like bi-cycle (with two wheels, one handle, chain etc).

God is above all what we ascribe to him.

Is it because Jesus (PBUH) has no father?

Or are you confused because Jesus (PBUH) was born without a father? Did Adam (PBUH) born of neither mother nor a father? He is also referred as Son of God

Cainan was the son of Enos. Enos was the son of Seth. Seth was the son of Adam. Adam was the son of God. [ Luke 3:39]

Still can we say Adam is son of God? Why not? Because �. For who in the heaven can be compared unto the Lord? who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the Lord .. [Psalms 89:6]

There are Sons Greater than Jesus (PBUH)

Then you should say to Pharaoh, �This is what the Lord says: Israel is my firstborn son� [Exodus 4:22]

I will lead them in that way because I am Israel�s father. And Ephraim is my firstborn son. [Jeremiah 31:9]

Some say Jesus (PBUH) is mentioned as begotten son so he is different from other sons. Nope.. There are others mentioned as begotten too. For example, David is also referred to as begotten son:

I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. [PSALMS 2:7]

Entire Israelis are begotten:

Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee. [Deuteronomy 32:18-19]

God is our Creator so he is the father of all his creation in that sense

We all have the same father. The same God made every one of us. So why do people cheat one another? [Malachi 2:10]

Thus the Father-Son relationships in Holy Scriptures are mentioned in a totally different context � emotional, affectional and spiritual sense only.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
  Share Topic