IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Spells...some weird stuff to ask about  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spells...some weird stuff to ask about

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 7:30am
Originally posted by 222dnallohc 222dnallohc wrote:

My dilemma is just what to do with them now...is it right for me to dispose of such a thing

That is a decision between you and your husband, and since its his papers he has to agree.

Just curious, if you cannot understand what the papers say, how do you know it is a spell ?

And if one of them is asking protection for your husband from Allah, I presume that is what you understand, then what is the problem in keeping them ? how is that a spell (of a good luck charm?) ?

Many people ask for protection from God.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 9:47am

Bismillah,

Ummziba and Rami, you have given me a lot to think about.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
222dnallohc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222dnallohc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2005 at 7:08pm

Angel,

I was told by my husband that they are some sort of "protection" for him- he thought they were a spell...and if they were ever to by unwrapped and opened that he was instructed to do all kinds of strange things, like open it under water then throw it in the ocean.  And one of them looks like its written in blood on the back of an animal skin.  I don't see how such things can protect a person.  To me, I consider this some sort of charm and its forbidden to have such things.  A person must seek refuge in Allah directly and doesnt need strange symbols and writings on papers and dead animal skins.  My husbands mother is a person who believes in (and goes to) fortune tellers, so something like this from her with such instructions on how to open them is unIslamic in my opinion.  The most unfortunate part is that whoever wrote them used the name of Allah (swt) in this way.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 7:35am

I see.

about disposing them, I still stand by my words thou, they are your husbands papers and he needs to agree to getting rid of them.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic