IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Spells...some weird stuff to ask about  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spells...some weird stuff to ask about

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222dnallohc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spells...some weird stuff to ask about
    Posted: 14 September 2005 at 12:14pm

Asalamu Alaikum Sisters,

A quick background about me...I became a Muslim about 4 years ago and have been married to my Muslim (Saudi/Lebanese) husband for almost 9 years.  At the beginning of our relationship, my husbands mother (Lebanese) gave him two small wads of paper covered in tape and arabic phrases.  It's my understanding that these are spells and that she gave them to him to either protect him or do harm to me (she doesnt trust or accept me because I am American).  It is also my understanding that nothing happens without the will of Allah, and no person can make such a spell happen.

I dont know if I did the right thing or not.  My husband and I are about to go through a divorce.  I pulled out the papers, prayed for Allahs protection, and unwrapped the tape that was around them and found the following- on one there was paper folded up inside with red arabic writing on the outside of it.  Wrapped inside that paper is what looks like an animal skin with hair (like maybe a goats skin) and on the back of it is full of arabic writing.  I can read arabic, but its so unclear its hard to read, nevermind understand.  The other wad I unwrapped the tape around it and inside was a narrow scroll of white paper which was full of arabic writing as well, as well as a symbol and some single letters at the end.

I need to see someone to help me read what is written on these so called "spells".  I dont want to bring them to someone at the mosque if it is something that is haram.  I dont know what to do in this situation.  My husband is telling me its bad for me to open them...but its too late.  Do I have anything to worry about?  I may be ignorant, but I dont believe that someone else can cast a real spell on me.

JazakAllahKhairan

revert786 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote revert786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2005 at 12:59pm

as far as I believe sister believing that anyone besides Allah that can do such things is haram.....sister inshallah Allah will guide you and will protect you from everything as allah swt is the only one that has the capability of doing so....

if i was you i would dispose of them somehow and not let such issues cloud your mind and pray to allah....maybe just recite ayat al kursi if u feel scared that will protect you inshallah

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2005 at 1:18pm

Assalamu alaikum sister,

Belief in magic or spells is forbidden in Islam.  Only Allah knows the future, only Allah can determine the outcome of anyone's destiny.  Many old folk remedies and spells persist in some cultures - these are not to be followed or believed.

Sister, believe in Allah, follow the Qur'an and Sunnah and you can't go wrong.  Myself, I would throw that garbage where it belongs, in the garbage.  It cannot hurt you one bit!  What the writing says is irrelevant.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Serinidad View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2005 at 5:42pm

Belief might be forbidden but the Koran does say that these things exist.

I would read the Koran over them and tie them back up, put them together and burn them in an ash trey or what ever you have and read Koran over them while you do this.

If that does not work you can get a white candle, light it, take a piece of ribbon and bind the 2 together and say something from the Koran barring something to harm you and then burn them.

Serinidad

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2005 at 7:39pm

Serinidad,

Why would you advise the sister to perform "voodoo" mumbo jumbo? - that is not even remotely Islamic!  What possible good does it serve?

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
222dnallohc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222dnallohc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2005 at 9:16pm

Thank you sisters for confirming my own thoughts. 

I know from my reading and research that things only happen by the will of Allah and no one else.  Unfortunately, my husband learned about these things in Saudi Arabia of all places.  He also believes that people can be possessed by Jinn, but I have found nothing to support this, I have only learned that human beings cannot be possessed by Jinn at all.  I dont understand why and how such things can be taught in a place like Saudi.

I am not afraid of such "spells" and "magic".  I do pray for my husbands mother, that inshAllah she will see the error in her ways and be guided by Allah.  I dont think I will ever care to know what these papers say...in fact, I dont believe the language they are written in is even Arabic, although the writing is in arabic script.

May Allah bless you for you advice in this matter

JazakAllahkhairan

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2005 at 9:16pm
Bi imsillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

Black magic does exist in islam so does the evil eye as our prophet was affected by both in his life time. Surat al falaq specificly mentions a practice of the arabs in those times, "those who blow on knots".

Recite the surah and verses from the quran which protect a person such as the last 3 surahs of the quran, al Kuris, last 3 versus of surat Baqarah, surat al Khaf. do this repoeatidly for some time just to be certain that nothing is going to happen.

I do recomend you take them to a shaykh at the mosque to read since there maybe a real danger in them and they will know what to do or know another shaykh who does, even if they are haram sister the shaykh is there to advise not to give out punishment.

Many people go to a shaykh to help get through what they are going through and to advise them about haram situations that is what they are there for.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
revert786 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote revert786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 12:50am

sister before you dispose them make sure that they arent surahs from the quran in arabic...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic