IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Americas
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Where is the Muslim voice in America?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where is the Muslim voice in America?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where is the Muslim voice in America?
    Posted: 02 March 2012 at 4:14pm
I am interested to know, Where is the Muslim voice in America?

While the Christian voice regarding the subjects of preserving traditional marriage, and the Obama health initiative that would cause violation of conscience in forcing religious institutions to provide contraception and abortion under its health care plans, has been widely heard,

Why do we hear nothing from the Muslim community which feels just as strongly on these issues?

Why are the Muslims keeping so silent?
Hughes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2012 at 8:59pm
Good question.
Trajik View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2012 at 9:36pm
Salam Hughes and caringheart,

I am a bit confused as well as to the silence. 

17:31] You shall not kill your children due to fear of poverty. We provide for them, as well as for you. Killing them is a gross offense.

I am a new to Islam and am confused as well.  I am going to voice my opinion but I wonder where my brothers and sisters are....

Just know there are some like myself who are against this murder and will voice it now.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2012 at 1:22am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

I am interested to know, Where is the Muslim voice in America?

While the Christian voice regarding the subjects of preserving traditional marriage, and the Obama health initiative that would cause violation of conscience in forcing religious institutions to provide contraception and abortion under its health care plans, has been widely heard,

Why do we hear nothing from the Muslim community which feels just as strongly on these issues?

Why are the Muslims keeping so silent?

If you want to know groups representing Muslim sentiments in USA, ''CAIR' is one of them. (Council for American Islamic Relations)

As for political issues, I think that right now Muslims in America are facing bigger issues than same-sex marriage, contraceptive provision and abortion. Muslims are trying to fight the negative image and so-called terrorism laws that are targeting Muslim Americans today. Whether or not homosexuals get the right to marry, or abortion is banned  - is not an issue of priority for many Muslim Americans at the moment.

Infact even for Chrisian Americans, I'd say that perhaps they should be trying to prevent Wars, bring back troops, worry about health-care, educational reform, and have positive foreign-relations rather than worry about gay-marriage or abortion. Priorities.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Hughes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2012 at 11:57am
There is no greater issue than the killing of the unborn. And with Obama forcing such evil on believers as can be seen with the Catholics, it is the biggest issue facing American believers at this time!
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2012 at 2:31am
Originally posted by Hughes Hughes wrote:

There is no greater issue than the killing of the unborn. And with Obama forcing such evil on believers as can be seen with the Catholics, it is the biggest issue facing American believers at this time!

So killing the unborn is worse than killing living, breathing, already existing millions of human-biengs under the pretext of War?

Ok.

Says a lot.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Hughes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2012 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

So killing the unborn is worse than killing living, breathing, already existing millions of human-biengs under the pretext of War?Ok.Says a lot.

the context of your presuppositions are key to your condemnation.

Which war? Who are attacking who?

By my statement above, I'm in no way saying that killing people for no reason is ok, which is exactly what abortion is.

A nation that is defending itself, such as Israel, is quite a different situation from killing innocent unborn children.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2012 at 9:56am

Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

So killing the unborn is worse than killing living, breathing, already existing millions of human-biengs under the pretext of War?Ok.Says a lot.

the context of your presuppositions are key to your condemnation.

Which war? Who are attacking who?

By my statement above, I'm in no way saying that killing people for no reason is ok, which is exactly what abortion is.

A nation that is defending itself, such as Israel, is quite a different situation from killing innocent unborn children.

For Americans, obviously the wars concerning them would be the ones they are involved in.

I'll repeat, issues should be addressed in order of priorities. Issues that plague and impact the community at large should be addressed before we start discussing issues that are more personal in nature (e.g. abortion, gay-marriages etc).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic