IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Quran - 19: Magic Number  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedQuran - 19: Magic Number

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

If I cut one finger I will have 19 in total... or if i lift one finger as i pronounce tashahhud during my prayer 19 remain resting in their place...  should that make me re-consider studying "cryptographic" message of the Qur'aan with number 19 being it's foundation?

The number of heavens mixed with the number of brothers multiplied by the number of prayers has produced quite a "colorful cocktail" in one of the responses of this thread.

(Some) say they were three, the dog being the fourth among them; (others) say they were five, the dog being the sixth, guessing at the unseen; (yet others) say they were seven, the dog being the eighth. Say (O Muhammad): "My Lord knows best their number; none knows them but a few." So debate not (about their number, etc.) except with the clear proof (which We have revealed to you). And consult not any of them (people of the Scripture, Jews and Christians) about (the affair of) the people of the Cave. [al-Kahf:22]

Dear brothers and sisters in Islaam, especially those gifted with mathematical talents, i invite you to "decode" yourselves and spend time doing something more productive, watering plants or smth.

Qur'aan is a miracle and no genuine Muslim has any doubts over that...  nobody has to repeat this 19 times to get the message across.

MOCKBA

Assalamu alaikum,

Well said, akhi. This is one of the stupidest threads I've ever seen.

The Masons were big on numerology too.

And if you play Revolution Number Nine by the Beatles backwards it says "turn me on dead man."

Edited by Yusuf.
Yusuf
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Yusuf. Yusuf. wrote:

And if you play Revolution Number Nine by the Beatles backwards it says "turn me on dead man."

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 9:59am
Yusuf. View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 10:14am
Last night I realized that if you stand on your head, "19" becomes "61," and 6+1=7. Hmmmmmmm . . . . . .
Yusuf
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 12:42pm

Salam,

Probably this is one of the reasons Muslims in the last 1000 years didn't go anywhere. Because everything is dedicated to research the magic of Islam (Quran, sunah etc).

Who have talent in math, they used it just to play around to find magical numbers about quran and other parts of Islam.
Who has talent in other field also used for the similar thing.

Basically we are busy with the magical thing, probably this is the way Muslims are. It is very sad, huh. Another example when we learn about prophet migration (hijrah) the emphasize is on how the prophet escaped from his house that surrounded by his enemy, how the enemy didn't go into the Tsur cave, how Surakah's horse threw him up many times etc. Never mentioned that Prophet Muhammad had a plan and strategy, for example why the prophet went 5 miles to the south when Medina is in the north of makkah, also when he chose Ali bin Abi Thalib and Abdullah bin Abubakar as his spy to monitor his enemy activities before he continued the journey and so on.

One other example that just happened recently; during Aceh tsunami, tens of mosques were survive, many-many people came to the conclusion that "this is miracle, how Allah protect his own houses". But they didn't care to the fact that according to the Indonesian government's report there were 2704 other mosques were destroyed. So the number of mosques were survive is nothing compare to number of mosques were destroyed.

Edited by semar
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 9:27pm

Originally posted by Yusuf. Yusuf. wrote:

Last night I realized that if you stand on your head, "19" becomes "61," and 6+1=7. Hmmmmmmm . . . . . .

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
blond View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 4:45am
Originally posted by semar semar wrote:

Salam,

Probably this is one of the reasons Muslims in the last 1000 years didn't go anywhere. Because everything is dedicated to research the magic of Islam (Quran, sunah etc).

Who have talent in math, they used it just to play around to find magical number about quran and parts of Islam.
Who has talent in other field also used for the similar thing.

Basically we are busy with the magical thing, probably this is the way Muslims are. It is very sad, huh. Other example when we learn about prophet migration (hijrah) the emphasize is on how the prophet escaped from his house that surrounded by his enemy, how the enemy didn't go into the Tsur cave, how Surakah's horse threw him up many times etc. Never mentioned that Prophet Muhammad had a plan and strategy, for example why the prophet went 5 miles to the south when Medina is in the north of makkah, also when he chose Ali bin Abi Thalib and Abdullah bin Abubakar as his spy to monitor his enemy activities before he continued the journey and so on.

One other example that just happened recently; during Aceh tsunami, tens of mosques were survive, many-many people came to the conclusion that "this is miracle, how Allah protect his own houses". But they didn't care to the fact that according to the Indonesian government's report there were 2704 other mosques were destroyed. So the number of the mosques were survive is nothing compare to number the mosques were destroyed.

I have a close friend from Indonesia who offered a personal report to me.

Allah does not live in any Mosque/Masjid. Even though Al-Haram is called Al-Baitullah, Allah doesn't live there. I believe that the true House of Allah is the heart.

Edited by blond
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 10:29am

Agree.

Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic