IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is listening to recorded Cds or tapes proper  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is listening to recorded Cds or tapes proper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjiqbalkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 8:01pm
You are not the only person who knows that  Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. The non Muslims who are accepting Islam are not accepting it because they have heard Quran on a CD, but because they read it its translation in their own language and found answers of the questions that came to their mind and they realized how true and logical Islam is.

You may be a blind follower, but every sensible Muslim will use his wisdom
to listen Quran from a human rather than a lifeless tape or cd.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 1:15pm
After they convert they have to learn prayer in arabic, most of them do that using CD because many of them they don't have acces to a mosque because there is no mosque close to them. On top of that with Cd they can do it 24 hours, not limited by Imama availability or working hours of a smosque.

Please reflect on this, imagine you are a new muslim, then the closest mosque is 2 hour drive (this is common distance to a mosque in many rural area in USA).

By the way whis one you like on belos link:

Station Description M3U XSPF
Quran Channel Quranic recitation by Shaikh Abdul Baset - followed by English translation
Saudi Quran TV Live Audio Quran stream of Saudi Quran TV
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 2:41pm
I have true story:

Last week we had a guest, a lady, she converted to Islam about 2 years ago. She has 2 young sons that have sleeping problem. Before she converted to Islam, she used to use a TV to make them sleep, basically she turned on the TV during bad time, so they watched TV till finally they fell asleep.

After she converted to Islam, one day she let the boys to sleep over in her Muslim friends that also had a boy (named Zaid) with similar age with hers. So she told to her friend the "recipe" to make the boys sleep, to make sure the "sleep over" went well.

But apparently her friend had her own way to make the boys sleep. The "sleep over" went well, the boys were happy.  After a few days the boys, the boys told her mom, that he want to sleep over again. But she kept saying that they will do it another day. Finally on one weekend the boys insisted, they said they have to sleep over in Zaid's house again on that weekend.

Then she asked why, the boys said they want to hear Zaid's song that played before they sleep.  So she called her friend, and asked what song she plaid. Apparently its a Quran recitation. She (her friend) plays Quran recitation from a CD every time the bad time come. Apparently this is what made the boys feel good and sleep faster and better. (They boys didn't know Quran because her mom was a new Muslim, and never play Quran openly on her house yet).

So she bought Quran Cd's, and since then she never use TV anymore to make the boys sleep, but QURAN CD. Perhaps Allah give them sawab by listening THE CD OF THE QURAN, so they sleep faster and better.

Again this is a true story I didn't add anything, I wrote exactly what she told us. She is an educated white American lady.

Edited by semar - 25 January 2012 at 2:44pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

mjiqbalkhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjiqbalkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 4:51pm
Quran is a miracle. It has such a melody and rhythm that hearts are
attracted towards it. But I am not talking about Quran's effects on non Muslims who never had listened to it. But I am saying that a Muslim will
not get full benefits of Quran because he is not listening from a real man,
but he is listening from a dead cd or tape. If you can not see the subtle
difference, I am wasting my time with you. 
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 5:09pm
Now they are muslims. So they shouldn't listen the CD and hire a Qari every night?

Edited by semar - 25 January 2012 at 5:11pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjiqbalkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 6:22pm
You are adamant for no justifiable reason. He can also listen a live
TV channel where Quran is being actually recited by a Man. What is
the harm in listening from a live Quran recitation? Or you get some
commission on selling CDs? (:

J a v e d 
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 6:56pm

Praise be to Allaah.

The Qur�aan is the word of Allaah which was revealed to Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It is mustahabb to read it and recite it frequently. This is one of the means of raising one�s status in Paradise, as it was narrated in the hadeeth of �Abd-Allaah ibn �Amr ibn al-�Aas (may Allaah be pleased with them both) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �It will be said to the companions of the Qur�aan (i.e., those who read it much), �Read and rise in status, recite as you used to recite in the world, for your status will be commensurate with the last aayah you read.��

Likewise, listening to the Qur�aan is also mustahabb, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) listened to the recitation of Abu Moosa al-Ash�ari, and he said to him, �If only you could have seen me when I was listening to your recitation yesterday.� And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) asked �Abd-Allaah ibn Mas�ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) to recite the Qur�aan to him. �Abd-Allaah said, �Should I recite it to you when it was revealed to you?� The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, �I like to hear it from others.�

So your listening to the Qur�aan on CD, as you asked about, or from a tape recorder or on the radio or TV, comes under the same ruling (i.e., it is mustahabb), whether that is at home, in the car, on the bus or in any other appropriate place. So long as you focus on it and do not listen to it whilst doing something else, you will be rewarded for listening. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjiqbalkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 7:24pm
The shaikh has not addressed my question. He has answered a
different question. Yes listening to  Quran is indeed rewarding
providing the reader is a believing Muslim, not a dead material
of tape or CD.

I hope I have made my point clear. Listen to humans not
plastic tapes.  They are NOT the same. Man was blessed
with holy Quran, not any other species.

Do not make living and lively Quran an automated, mechanical
soulless exercise.

Muhammad Javed Iqbal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic