IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is my Nikah Valid?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is my Nikah Valid?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UTKH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is my Nikah Valid?
    Posted: 28 December 2011 at 12:21am
Assalamoalaikum all borthers and sisters on this forum

Please help me in this regard.

I performed a so-called-Nikah with a man XYZ while me, him and his friend (a male witness) were sitting in a car and another male witness was on speaker phone. Both these witnesses are his friends not mine and the one on speaker phone has never seen me nor do i know him. I had no representatives nor my guardian (father) knew about it or would have permitted it.
I said the words 'I take this man as my husband' and he said 'She is my wife. Was this Nikah valid?
Moreover XYZ has repeatedly said after this nikah that you are not my wife, i have nothing to do with you and you can go off and marry whoever you want but i wont say the word talaq cuz it means nothing and the nikah was also false since you never behaved like a wife.
Please advise me.
was it nikah in the first place? Am i divorced now?

Thankyou brothers and sisters for taking out the time to read this. Plese help me.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2012 at 7:25pm
Salaams Sister,

You need to ask a scholar this, giving him all the details. Though I do believe that without a Wali there are only a few exceptions when a marriage is valid- can be for divorced women etc.

Some others may have good links for you dear sister..

My duas for you..

Hayfa
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2012 at 10:00pm
abuali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 1:56am
Assalam Alikum sister according two my knowledge, two witnesses are required from both side and all of them need to sign in the document of Nikah, Nikah mean announcement but if there were not enough people which are required so i don't think so that you were married with that man but i should recommend you to ask with Islamic scholar.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic