IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Commodity Trading  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commodity Trading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mradilshaikh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commodity Trading
    Posted: 17 December 2011 at 2:09am
Is commodity trading is halaal in Islam...?
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2011 at 6:07pm
mradilshaikh View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mradilshaikh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2011 at 1:10am
Salam Brother, according to above link possession is necessary but dont you think in current scientific world electronic possession (possession in your company account) should considered as possession of the ancient time...

Secondly you must know very unsecure atmosphere of Pakistan, how can i get risk to get cash of 6 lac rupees from bank and goes to market to buy 10 tollas of gold and return with the same risk of having gold of 6 lacks...
mjiqbalkhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjiqbalkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2011 at 7:59pm
Salam Brother,

Commodity trading is a major source of artificial price rise. Because prices are not based on true demand and supply, but on expectation of people.

If you can not take physical possession of cash, you can get it transferred to your bank account which is good enough. Commodity trading is an easy means of exploiting the common man by the moneyed people and is as such not
permissible in Islam.

May Allah (swt) guide us to His true path.

Muhammad Javed Iqbal
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mradilshaikh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 10:21pm
Salam, brother what ever the aim of commodity trading makers have but my aim is only to trade in a safe n true manner free from gambling, secondly i trade in gold so it cant be transferd it in my bank account but it used to transfer in my commodity company account so I think according to current insecure atmosphere of the 3rd world countries possession in ur company account should considered the position...

Allah please forgive me if am doing wrong...
mjiqbalkhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjiqbalkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2012 at 6:37am
If lot of people buy gold, it will become more expensive. If fewer people go for it, its price will fall. Such transactions on chance are haram in Islam. The trade must be across the counter, not for the future goods.

M J Iqbal
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mradilshaikh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 10:48pm
Salam brother as i already notified here that i dont trade in futures i trade in spot gold where option for delievary is also available so why should it be haraam...
rennai View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rennai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2014 at 1:59am

Over the last few years, the people�s interest in the stock market has grown very high. This demand has been coupled with many advances in trading technology and has opened up in the markets, so that nowadays nearly anybody can own stocks through online.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic