IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lowe's Faces Boycott  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lowe's Faces Boycott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2011 at 10:08am

All-American Muslim: Why Advertisers Are Right to Boycott

Another advertiser pulled out of TLC�s All-American Muslim�but it�s not because the company is �Islamophobic.� It�s simply a terrible program, writes Asra Q. Nomani.

lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2011 at 11:07pm
I disagree with you Abuayisha as well.  I am definately boycotting lowes.  Even if this was a buisness deal, they still should stand up for what is right. Do you really think that lowes tried their best to convince the muslim world and the rest of the people that they are not islamicphobic?  I think that they would have lost some customers, but at the same time increased some.  There are many people who do not agree with how muslims are being treated in some parts of the world. These same people try their best to make sure that they too do not support programs or organizations that will perpetrate  or help these type of discrimatory behaviors against muslims. 
  Look, Abuyaesha, sometimes as a RN patients may refused my care because they say that they do not want a muslim taking care of them.  This happens maybe once every two months or more. Na. Do you think that it would be ok if management come to me and say that if people do not want muslims taking care of them at this hospital then we should give them what we want because if we lose them as a customer then it will hurt our business?   And if this happens,  then what kind of message do you think that hospitals will send to it's patients, employees and the rest of the world? Because even if they say that they believe in equality of people and that they are for muslims, their actions are not showing this even if they have good intentions. Are you aware of what else will others do if we are naive in thinking that they are on our side? 
lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2011 at 11:10pm
I disagree with you Abuayisha as well.  I am definately boycotting lowes.  Even if this was a buisness deal, they still should stand up for what is right. Do you really think that lowes tried their best to convince the muslim world and the rest of the people that they are not islamicphobic?  I think that they would have lost some customers, but at the same time increased some.  There are many people who do not agree with how muslims are being treated in some parts of the world. These same people try their best to make sure that they too do not support programs or organizations that will perpetuate  or help these type of discrimatory behaviors occuring against muslims. 
  Look, Abuyaesha, sometimes as a RN, patients may refused my care because they say that they do not want a muslim taking care of them.  This happens maybe once every two months or more. Na. Do you think that it would be ok if management come to me and say that if people do not want muslims taking care of them at this hospital then we should give them what they want because if we lose them as a customer then it will hurt our business?   And if this happens,  then what kind of message do you think that hospitals will send to it's patients, employees and the rest of the world? Because even if they say that they believe in equality of people and that they are for muslims,  but their actions are not showing this even if they have good intentions. Are you aware of what else will others do if we are naive in thinking that they are on our side or if we do not stand against what is wrong?
Smile

Edited by lady - 28 December 2011 at 1:18am
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 9:21am
Well Lowe's indeed took a stand for what was right for their shareholders, and I applaud them for that.  After-all, they are in business for profit; and as a result many employees are able to feed their families.  I have no problem with standing against wrong, but I see Lowe's as a victim of an unjust boycott.  CAIR and other Muslim organizations should address their grievances to the group in Florida who wrote the letter, and encourage Muslim to support Lowe's.  I don't think your patient care comment is analogous to this issue.

Edited by abuayisha - 28 December 2011 at 9:23am
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2012 at 7:07am
http://www.enewspf.com/latest-news/latest-local/30171-lowes-incident-spawns-town-hall-meeting-to-eradicate-corporate-hate.html

Most speakers agreed on a boycott of Lowes, with the exception of one. Anya Cordell argued for a more creative approach than a boycott, perhaps asking people in disagreement with Lowes' actions might make a small purchase and remind the manager at whatever store that they were there as Muslims, Christians or Jews who disagreed with the decision of Lowes.

Edited by abuayisha - 17 January 2012 at 7:12am
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2012 at 8:47pm

At least seven national advertisers have pulled out of Limbaugh�s show in the face of boycott movements that have sprung up on Facebook and Twitter. According to a tally by the Associated Press, the list includes mortgage lender Quicken Loans, mattress retailers Sleep Train and Sleep Number, software maker Citrix Systems, legal document services company Legal Zoom and the flower-delivery service ProFlowers.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2012 at 5:15pm

Sears, which has run ads during new breaks that run on many talk shows including Rush Limbaugh said it has asked radio stations to make sure that its ads don't appear on news breaks that air during Mr. Limbaugh's program. Allstate said its ads were placed on the show by mistake, and that it has pulled any further ads. "It was not our original intent to advertise on the show," said a company spokesman.

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2012 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Well Lowe's indeed took a stand for what was right for their shareholders, and I applaud them for that.  After-all, they are in business for profit; and as a result many employees are able to feed their families.  I have no problem with standing against wrong, but I see Lowe's as a victim of an unjust boycott.  CAIR and other Muslim organizations should address their grievances to the group in Florida who wrote the letter, and encourage Muslim to support Lowe's.  I don't think your patient care comment is analogous to this issue.

Thumbs%20Up

So far CAIR is concerned I wouldn't touch them with ten foot pole based on my experience about my kid's school text book issue hearing last year. They would have caused a disaster if we had not told their rookie attorneys the pros and cons of the issue.
Why are regular Muslims getting bent out of shape about a Shiit reality show with low ratings that as I am told by kids really sucksWink
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic