IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lowe's Faces Boycott  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lowe's Faces Boycott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lowe's Faces Boycott
    Posted: 14 December 2011 at 7:12am

http://mondoweiss.net/2011/12/lowes-faces-boycott-after-pulling-ads-from-tlc-show-on-muslims.html

I really think the Muslim community shouldn't seek to boycott Lowe's.  These are very difficult economic times and Lowe's was simply attempting to protect its shareholders.  Lowe's is building a new store near my home and I plan to support them.

Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

http://mondoweiss.net/2011/12/lowes-faces-boycott-after-pulling-ads-from-tlc-show-on-muslims.html

I really think the Muslim community shouldn't seek to boycott Lowe's.  These are very difficult economic times and Lowe's was simply attempting to protect its shareholders.  Lowe's is building a new store near my home and I plan to support them.

Thats very interesting Abuayisha.. but don't you think that companies who don't hold views such as Lowe's deserve our business more? Don't we need to send a message out there that such views are unacceptable to us Muslims?
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2011 at 7:11am
What such views?  Lowe's holds no such views.  They are only attempting to turn a profit.  It's not personal with Lowe's and I think even if the issue were abortion they would have responded the same way.  Lowe's in my opinion only trying to responsibility protect their bottom line.  By the way, how have you been?  Very low profile these days....
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2011 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

What such views?  Lowe's holds no such views.  They are only attempting to turn a profit.  It's not personal with Lowe's and I think even if the issue were abortion they would have responded the same way.  Lowe's in my opinion only trying to responsibility protect their bottom line.  By the way, how have you been?  Very low profile these days....

The fact that Lowe's thinks that the show is controversial and bowed to pressure from hate-groups... if it were a purely business decision, (show not doing too well etc) then that should be respected, but the reps actually said it was because they didn't want to sponsor a 'controversial' show!

However I do wish that the muslim community would band together like this on more important issues...

I have been caught up with some classes and my husband is also visiting, so my internet hours have been greatly reduced. Its nice to check in once in a while though. Hope that everything is well with you and your family inshAllah!

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2011 at 7:16am
Lowe's has bowed to their fiduciary responsibility, and certainly they should at least be given the benefit of the doubt since they were on-board as sponsors when the show started.  This indicates to me they harbor no ill feelings against Muslims. 

Everything is well here.  Our cat had another set of kittens.  We are scrambling to find loving homes for them.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2011 at 8:49am
Salam,
Lowes need to stand up for what is right and actually they thought that's what they were doing when they pulled ads. We Muslims need to somehow make Lowes listen to us same way they listened to the other side. And to let them know that there was nothing wrong with ads for that program, even though some people did not like it.
Lowes need to sit down with both sides, have a dialog and "American values" of freedom and equal opportunity for all need to be first and most important rahter than some red neck's narrow vision and hate for anyone other than their own, opinion, belief and so on.
So far the other side had made their voice heard, from Muslim's side is anyone talking to them? I hope CAIR does get involve soon.
Hasan
(on vacation in Mexico)
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2011 at 11:42am
Lowe's is a business and the action taken by Lowe's is no different than Nike dropping Tiger Woods.  There is nothing personal here.  Sponsor pull ads all the time when they feel their brand may suffer.  Lowe's made a business decision.  Boycotting Lowe's will only mean higher consumer prices and fewer jobs.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2011 at 2:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic