IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 15.5 million Iraqis ready to vote in Oct  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

15.5 million Iraqis ready to vote in Oct

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 15.5 million Iraqis ready to vote in Oct
    Posted: 08 September 2005 at 6:24pm
According to one Iraqi blogger there are now more than 15 million Iraqis registered to vote.

What, Sasha says democracy is a figment of American imagination?  Tell that to 15 MILLION voters!

"It's worth mentioning that the process of registering the voters has ended and there will be an extra million voter this time with a total of over 15.5 million voters. In Anbar province around 50,000 voters registered their names in the voter's lists in addition to the names that already exist."
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2005 at 10:04am
Even if fifty million vote it won't legitimise the War or the bases US is building there. The day Amreekanos begin to understand that the world will start to take them for serious even without their guns.
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2005 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Even if fifty million vote it won't legitimise the War or the bases US is building there. The day Amreekanos begin to understand that the world will start to take them for serious even without their guns.

That's the problem with you Sasha - even if the reality of people's actions are screaming in your face - even if the reality of their freedom and economic prosperity is staring right at you - you refuse to acknowledge them or that, due to your own pride and smug satisfaction with your own opinions...after all, you know 'everyone that counts' in Afghanistan and Pakistan - don't you?  How can anyone compare in importance?
Bruce
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 1:37pm

I know it would be extremely hard for you to understand yet I will try out my utter pity for the Americans. The fact is that even if 50 million Iraqis vote, it won't turn Americans into humans. Or, legalise this war. The point is as simple as that.

In my part of the world, we do not add knowing that type or that number of people on to some asset register and gloat about it. We consider these as His blessings and use them ONLY in His service - not for promoting some murderous agenda - to control the last few remaining drops of oil.

Edited by Whisper
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2005 at 8:40am

I know it would be extremely hard for you to understand yet I will try out my utter pity for the Americans. The fact is that even if 50 million Iraqis vote, it won't turn Americans into humans. Or, legalise this war. The point is as simple as that.

B: The points for you are always "simple."  But life and reality are never that simple.  And so your logic lacks the rigor that it needs to deal with the world as we know it.  It's as simple as that.

In my part of the world, we do not add knowing that type or that number of people on to some asset register and gloat about it. We consider these as His blessings and use them ONLY in His service - not for promoting some murderous agenda - to control the last few remaining drops of oil.

B: Sasha, your exaggerations and prevarications are really extreme sometime...I love how you can talk about God in one breath and support the anti-God communists in the same breath...what happens for you in your tortured mind on these subjects?

Edited by b95000
Bruce
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2005 at 1:34pm

I love how you can talk about God in one breath and suppor the anti-God communists in the same breath

You will never be able to understand the diversity of nature, peoples, intellects and even faiths with such a typically limited American mind.

b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 5:37pm

I love how you can talk about God in one breath and suppor the anti-God communists in the same breath

You will never be able to understand the diversity of nature, peoples, intellects and even faiths with such a typically limited American mind.

Ah, I'm limited and you're not?  That's rich...why don't you just explain how you can come onto this board and support atheists?  That would be an interesting defense for you since you're commonly talking about the "holy places" in Mecca and Medina and such and then coming out with your communist drivel about atheist Betrand Russell et al...

I think the good Muslims on this board deserve to know if you, as a spokesperson for them, at times, politically if not in terms of any spiritual tradition, are an atheist.
Bruce
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 1:02am

Ah, I'm limited and you're not?

That also you won't be able to grasp having been fed just one of the two choice all your life. It takes thousands of years of culture to be able to understand and appreciate life in all her diversity.

MacCulture has a very limited menu.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic