IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tanakh vs. NT - Confirmation or Contradiction?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tanakh vs. NT - Confirmation or Contradiction?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 11:35pm

THE WORD �BIBLE� AND ITS MEANING:

The Bible (from Greek ὰ βιβλία ta biblia "the books") is the collections of the primary religious text of Judaism and Christianity.

There is no common version of the Bible, as the individual books (Biblical cannon), their contents and their order vary among denominations. Mainstream Judaism divides the Tanakh into 24 books, while a minority stream of Judaism, the Samaritans, accepts only five.

The 24 texts of the Hebrew Bible are divided into 39 books in Christian Old Testaments, and complete Christian Bible range from the 66 books of the Protestant canon to the 81 books in the Ethiopian Orthodox Bible, to the 84 books of the Eastern Orthodox Bible.

THE WORD �GOSPEL� AND ITS MEANING

There are two Greek words which translate as GOSPEL which is �Euaggelizo / Euaggelion�; the literal meaning is �Good News�. So when you see the word �Gospel�, know it is the �Good News� If you don�t believe me, go and check it out on the net (lexicon). The Jehovah witness rightly translates it as �Good News� and not �gospel�. 

Now, let us look at the usage of these two words �Euaggelizo / Euaggelion� which literally mean �Good News� and WAS mistranslates as �Gospel�.

In Luke Chapter 1: 1 -19 the Greek word �Euaggalizo� was used there for the �announcement� of the birth of John (S).

Quote:

The angel answered and said to him, "I am Gabriel, who stands in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to bring you this good news. Luke 1:19

The same Greek word �Euaggalizo� was used for the �announcement� of the birth of Jesus (S) in Luke 2: 1-10

Quote:

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; Luke 2:10

As you can see the word �Good News� is used for making special announcement of importance.

Now, let us see how Jesus (S) used it.

It mentioned in Luke 20:1  And it came to pass, that on one of those days, as he taught the people in the temple, and preached the gospel, the chief priests and the scribes came upon him with the elders,

Also in Matthew 11:5 it mentioned:

�The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.�

The same Greek word �Euaggalizo� was used there and was translates as �gospel�. As I have established before, the literal meaning of the word is �Good News�. The word �gospel� has no meaning.

So the verse should read as follows: And it came to pass, that on one of those days, as he taught the people in the temple, and preached the good news, the chief priests and the scribes came upon him with the elders, Luke 20:1

Now that we understand the meaning of the Greek word �Euaggelizo� which mean �Good News� and was wrongly translate as �Gospel� to deceive you, now, let us look at what was the �good News� Jesus (S) was preaching�what was that Good News of so importance?

This is what mentioned in the writing:

And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people. Matthew 4:23

And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. Matthew 9:35

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, Mark 1:14

The same Greek word used there for �gospel� so the verse should read as follows:

And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. Matthew 9:35

As you can see the Good News that Jesus (S) was preaching was about coming of the kingdom of God and not the BIBLE which is �THE COLLECTION OF BOOKS�. Jesus (S) never thought anyone to believe in a collection of books put together by human being nor does the Qur�an in anyway conforms for Christians to judge by the bible (a collection of books). The Qur�an mentioned that the people of the book will be judge by the �revelations� that was revealed to their prophets; and not a collection of books (BIBLE).

What Jesus (S) really thought his people it to �REPENT� and believe the Good News of the coming of God�s Kingdom on earth.

Jesus told them: �... saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel�. Mark: 1:1

And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of god: and the twelve were with him, (Luke 8:1)

The same Greek word used for �Gospel and Good News� they translates it as �glad tidings� here.

The Kingdom of God was so important he thought his followers to pray for when it will come and the coming of it, the Most High name will sanctify.

Quote:

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.� (Matthew 6:9 )

Coming of God Almighty kingdom on earth �His� will� shall be done on earth. What is the will? God�s will is his divine law. The coming Kingdom is a message from God for all nations. He said:

�Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.�

It is narrated that Jesus (S) said: �Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.�  Matthew 7:21-22

As we can see that the ticket to Heaven has a �condition� and that is, we have to �do the will of the Father� In other words, we have to be obedience to God Law according to Jesus (S) because he said: �Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.�

It�s all here in 1 Corinthian 6:9-10, I quote:

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not �inherit� the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers,  nor extortioners, shall �inherit� the kingdom of God. (1Co. 6:9-10)

What I have dome so far is to establish that Jesus (S) core message that he brought was THE GOOD NEWS OF THE COMING OF GOD�S KINGDOM ON EARTH. He goes on to explain to us how the Kingdom of God will come in Matthew6: 31-32:

�Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: 32Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.�

The �grain of mustard seed� is a message; and the �man� is the one who will delivered that message, and coming of that message is the coming of God�s Kingdom on earth�God�s Law (his will) shall establish on earth. Meaning, the message will be a universal one. Revelation 14 conforms that:

�And I saw another angel fly in the midst of haven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people. Saying with aloud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come.� (Rev.14:6-7)

That is the future tense!

The book of Revelation Ch. 14: 6-7 which is a part of the Collection of books (The Bible), which is already here; it�s mentioned of an �angel� coming from heaven with the everlasting gospel for all nations. The same Greek word �Euaggelizo� which translates as Gospel which is also the Good News, it mentioned also in revelation 14 but this time it was an angel again, that angel was bringing The Good News from heaven, and it was an everlasting one.

It was describe as a �Judgment� to �preach� to all nations. That Judgment was the criterion between rights and wrong; that Judgment there is the Law (His will) to preach unto them that dwell on earth, all nations. What Jesus (S) said? He said: Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be don on earth!�

Now, to conforming that �judgment� is the �law� that mentioned there and is a universal one I will just quote Isaiah. It mentioned:

�Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth: I have put my Spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentile.� (Iasiah.42:1)

4- He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he has set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for His LAW. (Isaiah.42:4)

�And when he (the Comforter) is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.� (John.16:8)

This is what Allah (S) instructed the Prophet to say:

�Blessed is He who sent down the Criterion (of judgment between right and wrong) to His Servant, that it may be an admonition to all creatures.�

(Q.25:1) A book, whereof the verses are explained in detail-A Qur�an in Arabic, for people who understand-Giving Good News and admonition: yet most of them turn away, and so they hear not. (Q.41:3-4) �it is no less than a Message for all creatures (mankind and jinn). (Q.12:104)

Say, the Holy Spirit (Angel Gabriel) has brought the revelation from thy Lord in truth, in order to strengthen those who believe, and as a guide, and Glad Tidings to Muslims. (Q.16:102)

�This Qur'an is not such as can be produced by other than Allah. on the contrary it is a confirmation of (revelations) that went before it, and a fuller explanation of the Book - wherein there is no doubt - from the Lord of the worlds.� (Qur.10:37)

Without doubt it is (announced) in the reveled books (Torah, Gospel) of former people. (Q.26:196)

And this is a book which We have sent down, bringing blessing and conforming (the revelation) which came before it. (Q.6:92)

1. �so fear Allah and obey me. (Q.3:50)
  2. ye who believe! Fear Allah as He should fear, and die not except in a state of Islam. (Q.3:102)
  3. And glorify Him morning and evening. (Q.33:42)
  4. Thus have We revealed it (the Qur�an) to be a judgment of authority in Arabic (Q.13:37)

What Revelation 14-7 says? 

�Fear God and Give Glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come!�

Allah (S) said: �A book, whereof the verses are explained in detail-A Qur�an in Arabic, for people who understand-Giving Good News and admonition: yet most of them turn away, and so they hear not. (Q.41:3-4)

And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. Lu 13:29 

<>

Can a man who don�t know to read and write move such a masses; create such a large congregation comprises of all nations and tribes from the King to the beggar standing side by side speaking different languages with no confusion? Jesus (S) prophesies that in Matthew 21:42-44.

�Therefore say I unto you the kingdom of God shall taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (Matt.21:43). This is the Lord�s doings, and it is marvelous in our eyes. (Matt.21:42)

Muhammad (S) didn�t know to read and write:

And thou (O Muhammad) was not (able) to recite a book before this (book came), nor art thou (able) to transcribe it with thy right hand: in that case indeed, would the talkers of vanity have doubted. (Q.29:48)

Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) desire. It is no less than inspiration sent down to him. He was taught by one mighty in power. (Q.53:3-5)

tnc

LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
Kish View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by kish kish wrote:

Why would the Quran tell Muslims to believe in it, S 3:84, S 4:136?

How could you refer to the Gospel when in doubt? S 10:94

Would you be well grounded if you did not believe in the Gospel according to not the Bible but your Quran?

TNC, you scared to answer the question again? Are you writing long posts thinking that I would forget or get distracted?

Edited by Kish - 20 February 2012 at 8:28pm
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 8:51am
Quraan 3:83,84.

(83) Say (O Muhammad): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and that which was vouchsafed unto Moses and Jesus and the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered. (84) And whoso seeketh as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah) it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter.

Bible Exodus 20.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:

(86) And verily We gave unto Moses the Scripture and We caused a train of messengers to follow after him, and We gave unto Jesus, son of Mary, clear proofs (of Allah's sovereignty), and We supported him with the Holy spirit. Is it ever so, that, when there cometh unto you a messenger (from Allah) with that which ye yourselves desire not, ye grow arrogant, and some ye disbelieve and some ye slay? (87) And they say: Our hearts are hardened. Nay, but Allah hath cursed them for their unbelief. Little is that which they believe. (88) And when there cometh unto them a scripture from Allah, confirming that in their possession - though before that they were asking for a signal triumph over those who disbelieved - and when there cometh unto them that which they know (to be the truth) they disbelieve therein.

Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2012 at 2:32pm
Assaalaamu alaika Kish.

You said: So tell me, what is Islam�s REAL agenda???
Answer. The real agenda is to show that Muhammad Rasulullah did not come with Monotheism unknown to the people of Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus. This was confirmed by the Levi clans of the children of Israel for 6 years in Madina. You can view http://youtu.be/S1NaCg-Zgu0.
friendship.
Kish View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by kish

Would you be well grounded if you did not believe in the Gospel according to not the Bible but your Quran?

Friendship, you can also attempt to answer the questions regarding the Quran in your own words rather than direct me to a link where I have to watch or hear a video.

If this is your faith why not just answer the questions from your heart, that is better than what any video have to say don't you think?
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2012 at 7:39am

Because Moses taught us the ten commandments and the oneness of God.

The Gospel was a book that was revealed by Allah.The problem is the Jews and Christians damaged it beyond repair.

If it did not have any interpolations yes it would have been a good book.In your Bible today we have the words of God, we have the words of a prophet,we have the words of
good men and then we have the interpolations.Had the Jews and Christians not tempered with the book and if the Muslims could verify the authenticity of the book then it would have been excepted,but you know what happened.
truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2012 at 11:13pm
<>

Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

Because Moses taught us the ten commandments and the oneness of God.

The Gospel was a book that was revealed by Allah.The problem is the Jews and Christians damaged it beyond repair.

If it did not have any interpolations yes it would have been a good book.In your Bible today we have the words of God, we have the words of a prophet,we have the words of
good men and then we have the interpolations.Had the Jews and Christians not tempered with the book and if the Muslims could verify the authenticity of the book then it would have been excepted,but you know what happened.
Salaam Bro. These guys are propagandist. I will used this thread to expose the collection of books (bible). He wants to play games!

Mr. kish, Jesus (S) said according to your bible:            

And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them. Joh 17:26

I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. Joh 17:6

While I was with them in the world,I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest meI have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. Joh 17:12

Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest. Mark 11:10

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.� Matthew 6:9

WHAT IS THE FATHER NAME?

TNC

Edited by truthnowcome - 05 March 2012 at 11:17pm
LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2012 at 2:25pm
Salam,
Great job TNC and ice786 for your hard work and research to bring out truth, may God Almighty reward you and guide those who are misguided.
I have done my own study of the Bible and I was shocked to know problems in it. I never questioned its contents as many of my close friends were good Christians. It was not until I was approached by people who wanted to tell me that Jesus (pbuh) was God (may God save us from their blasphemy) that I pciked up the Bible. I thoght without doubt that that's what Bible taught. I was shocked to know that Jesus not even once professed what others do and assoicted with him word that were not his. All I found was inconsistencies between OT to NT, NT to NT, and OT to OT. not to mention, not a single plain claim by Jesus where he had said " I am God".
I still have friends that are Christians and we share same goals of being good to each other and others, stay away from bad things etc. But when, if any try to tell me that Jesus is God, I stop them right there, and ask for a reference. By God, in whose hand is my life, they never brought me that proof, thus they never bring up that subject agian.
May God Almighty guide those who are misguided.
Jazakllah
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
  Share Topic