IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Applying for Hajj next year?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Applying for Hajj next year?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mangomotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Applying for Hajj next year?
    Posted: 16 September 2011 at 5:22am
Hi all,
I would like to apply for Hajj next year. Apparently as a New Muslim I might get sponsorship from the islamic cultural centre here, i.e. they pay for most of it, which of course would be helpful.
My husband reckons I might not be able to make the "requirements" as I have a lot to learn. Never mind that he hasn't done Hajj yet either Smile Apparently learning Arabic, being able to recite the Quran, knowing all prayers what/where/when to perform?????? HOw could I possible manage that while working full time, looking after a household and children? (Sorry, I am not trying to make excuses here.)
I am trying to find out what exactly these requirements are... and find this difficult. It seems you either know or you don't know. It appears I have to sign up for Hajj before I find out???? And what if I sign up, and can't complete it, i.e. "fail" the requirements? Is there a test at the end of those seminars???? 
The people in the islamic centre here make me a bit nervous... sorry, they are probably nice, but they always seem so stern and you feel like a total nit-wit when you do not know "everything" Shocked    
Maybe I should become an "established Muslim" before I should consider the Hajj altogether? Is there a rule on that?

I would so love to go and see and feel and being surrounded by equally likeminded people. It must be an overpowering feeling of hope and belief.

Maybe one of you has been to Hajj, especially the "Newbies" and can enlighten me??

Thanks and Salaams
Mango      

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2011 at 6:19am

Assalamu Alaikum,

Sister, here is a link that gives you a general idea about hajj. Perhaps it still doesn�t answer your specific question:

http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/jlthajj/LifeTimeJourney.shtml

I performed hajj, but I was on my own. So, I may not comment about such programs. Is it possible that you visit this cultural center with your husband and ask them about the details (requirements)? That way both of you may get the information properly and nothing is missed in the process.

May Allah (SWT) accept your wish and you perform the hajj next year as per your plan.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Mangomotte View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mangomotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2011 at 5:23am
W'Alaikoum Salam, Hajji Peace Smile
It must have been a great experience for you (although, probably very tough as well, going  on your own.)
Thanks for the informative link.
Anyway, I think you are probably right - I'll take my husband and talk to the people in the cultural centre....

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Mangomotte Mangomotte wrote:

W'Alaikoum Salam, Hajji Peace Smile
It must have been a great experience for you (although, probably very tough as well, going  on your own.)
Thanks for the informative link.
Anyway, I think you are probably right - I'll take my husband and talk to the people in the cultural centre....

Assalamu Alaikum,

Yes, it is a very unique and fulfilling experience when you visit there.

May Allah make things easy for you and you complete the hajj effectively.  

Peace

Edited by peacemaker - 21 September 2011 at 11:59am
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic