IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Gender Segregation  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gender Segregation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gender Segregation
    Posted: 03 September 2005 at 11:39pm

One of the things that has bothered me here (and abroad) is that our community is segregated. Not in the sense of who goes where i the mosque or how one should conduct themselves in regards to approaching another sex. That is not my point. My point is that in many cases here as I've seen that we propagate the seperation of men in women in terms of knowledge. Now, there are many arguments for such a seperation but how many men can say they have knowledge of what Muslimah's are in the world, I mean the knowledge of the worth of women or men?

It's probably me and my "western" ideas but I tend to think our lack of understanding of the sexes is what leads to our downfall as people sometimes.

Well anyway I'm done babbling wont be here much longer

Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2005 at 11:17pm

I think that is called

C  U  L  T  U  R  E

Lameese

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 4:44pm
Lameese is there every a word in which sarcasm does not not emit from it?
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 5:34pm

Israfil,

Is there ever a time when you want to hear the truth?

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 5:39pm
Since it is culture to which culture are you referring?
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 5:46pm

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Since it is culture to which culture are you referring?

Re-read your question. How could you not know to whom's culture I was refering?

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 5:50pm
I did and I answered my own question
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 10:26pm

Girl Vs Boy 

Good arguments folks ... I enjoyed the thread so far  

I had this angry attitude towards men some years ago, and most of it had to do with lack of and/or wrong knowledge about them. It was not culture, or exposure. I think most of it had to do with  observations and presumptions which I had some how come to over simplify and genralize.

I guess the same over simplification can be true the other way round, ie of men doing it for women.

In Islamic culture and deen it is not correct (or wisdom) to take interest in opposite gender to the level of an individual , however there is no clause for not studying the opposite gender in order to understand them. This infact benfits both men and women to treat their spouses better, and raise their kids.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic