IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - want to become Muslim  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

want to become Muslim

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danbasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: want to become Muslim
    Posted: 11 September 2011 at 8:52pm
I'm wondering what does it take to become a Muslim. Can someone help?
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 2:54pm
Verbal testimony that no god is worthy of worship but Allah, alone and without partners, and that Muhammad is His Prophet and Messenger.  Making this pronouncement with belief in your heart will make you a Muslim. 
asheque View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asheque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 10:34pm
Its an soul related matter.If you believe that Allah and his Prophet exist and do the works as they said to you ,than you will be a Mumin.
Without this saying with your mouth that I am a slave of Allah and in work
you don't follow the order of him you are not a Mumin.You will become a Munafique one day.So try to believe from soul and deny all the orders that
goes against Allah.

May Allah forgive me if i make any mistake.
Alhamdulillah
Assalamualaikum Ehadikumullah

Edited by asheque - 02 May 2012 at 10:35pm
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by danbasa danbasa wrote:

Yup, all it requires is a verbal declaration that you believe in one God and Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) is the final Prophet of God.

After that you can start learning about basic fundamentals of Islam. Do you know any Muslims who can help?
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Originally posted by danbasa danbasa wrote:

Yup, all it requires is a verbal declaration that you believe in one God and Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) is the final Prophet of God.

After that you can start learning about basic fundamentals of Islam. Do you know any Muslims who can help?

but there is no help for one who makes that pronouncement, then begins learning about Islam and changes his mind.  I think one should be able to learn about Islam first before making such a declaration, not the other way around.  That makes a cult, or a gang, not a religion... when one is allowed in but not out.  It means there are secrets to hide that they are afraid to have revealed.  This can not be God's working.
mho

I think I have said this before, and it is a quote of someone else;
"Those with nothing to hide, hide nothing."
It is when people need to hide things that distrust of them, or that thing, is created.

Edited by Caringheart - 02 July 2012 at 10:18pm
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

but there is no help for one who makes that pronouncement, then begins learning about Islam and changes his mind.  I think one should be able to learn about Islam first before making such a declaration, not the other way around.  That makes a cult, or a gang, not a religion... when one is allowed in but not out.  It means there are secrets to hide that they are afraid to have revealed.  This can not be God's working.
mho

Plain truth ... spoken in a manner that leaves me attacked!

Sorry dear, but your choice of words (in your truth) are going to disappoint you for a very long time before you say something that sounds like 'our' truth.

I had a similar take on Chrysalis' comment - In my opinion too, one should first learn Islam, then pronounce the 'shahada'. But as  I scrolled down to your comment, I was taken aback! Quite offensive - congratulations!!

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

mho

Plain truth ... spoken in a manner that leaves me attacked!

Sorry dear, but your choice of words (in your truth) are going to disappoint you for a very long time before you say something that sounds like 'our' truth.

I had a similar take on Chrysalis' comment - In my opinion too, one should first learn Islam, then pronounce the 'shahada'. But as  I scrolled down to your comment, I was taken aback! Quite offensive - congratulations!!

Please explain.  How do you feel attacked?  It is not my intention and so ask that you forgive the offense from one who just does not understand your way.

Please explain how it is an attack to express one's opinion?  Is that not what these forum's are for?  Just because the opinion is not liked does not make it an attack.  I have had many people, many times, say things that I do not like but they are entitled to their opinion and it helps me to better understand their way of thinking.  Is that not the purpose of communicating one's beliefs and opinions?  to further understanding?  They may challenge my thinking when they wish to do so and I must accept it.  If i choose to, and I do, I must ponder it and take into consideration another's view on the matter.  Just as I am taking into consideration your view that you have been attacked.  I would not know had you not expressed it.  I disagree with you but I still care that you feel attacked rather than challenged to deepen your thinking.

I am sincere in what I write here.  I do hope it is taken the way it is meant.
Salaam
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 10:02pm

Caringheart:

Please ask your questions in �Islam for non-Muslim section� or discuss religious issues in details in the �Interfaith section.� I suggest you read the guidelines in entirety and comply with:

Guidelines

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic