IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ? for Christians...WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

? for Christians...WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 3:48pm

All I wanted to say with this verse was that Jesus is said to have recieved commands from "God the Father". He recieved commands! that is all I wanted to emphasis.

Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2011 at 6:50am
honeto wrote: John chapter 14 verse 31 ("I love the Father and I do exactly what my Father has commanded me.") ... If he was God, tell me do God receive or need commandment(s)?  And from who?

In this chapter Jesus stresses that his followers should be obedient to him (e.g., v15: "If you love me, you will obey what I command."; also v21 and v23).  In v31, Jesus is showing us by example what he means (i.e., we are expected to be obedient to God, in the same way that Jesus is obedient to the Father).
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2011 at 3:00pm
That is interesting, if he was God I wonder why would these words are associated with him, and they clearly show that he has a God, and let us examine some of those sayings claimed to be Jesus' words:
In John chapter 14 verse 31 we read: " 31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence"
Here Jesus (pbuh) is claiming to have received commandment from someone other than himself!
Simple questions arise like: If he was God, tell me do God receive or need commandment(s)?
And from who?
In order to keep it simple, untangled and beneficial, I will stop here and wait for your reply before continuing.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 13 October 2011 at 3:01pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 6:42pm
honeto wrote:  you don't believe it was revelation from God that he was preaching?

I believe that Jesus is God, so of course I believe that what Jesus preached came from God.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 3:21pm
Thanks reepicheep,
Ok, so Jesus was preaching something, "Good News" you agree as say in the Bible, but you don't believe it was revelation from God that he was preaching?
Hasan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2011 at 5:48am
honeto wrote: I know when reading the Bible I remember verses where Jesus (pbuh) is quoted to have preached Gospel... Whether, it was in written form or not, God's revelation to Jesus (pbuh) it seem that Gospel was the message he was preaching... what I was asking was if there is anything like The Gospel, as recieved by Jesus as God's revelation which is mentioned he was preaching, in what we have as the Bible.

You are correct when you say that the "gospel was the message he was preaching".  In other words, when the English word "gospel" is used in English language translations of the bible, it is referring to the message that Jesus taught and not to an actual book.  Jesus taught these lessons orally, he wasn't reading from a book which was already in existance (other than when he quoted from the Old Testament to illustrate his lessons).

The books of the New Testament, and in particular the four books Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, were written after the death and resurrection of Jesus, but they contain a record of what Jesus taught.   

Edited by Reepicheep - 06 October 2011 at 5:55am
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2011 at 1:42pm
Reepicheep,
I meant was what you interpreted in your second answer.
I know when reading the Bible I remember verses where Jesus (pbuh) is quoted to have preached Gospel, as in Matt 4:23 mentioned by TNC.
Whether, it was in written form or not, God's revelation to Jesus (pbuh) it seem that Gospel was the message he was preaching, according to the above quote. Kind of like Porphet Mohammed (pbuh) preaching the Qruan, recieved as revelations. In later case we do have the Quran as preached by the Prophet, what I was asking was if there is anything like The Gospel, as recieved by Jesus as God's revelation which is mentioned he was preaching, in what we have as the Bible.
Gospels according to Mark, Matthew, and so on are kind of like narrations or hadiths for Muslims by disciples of the Prophet about his teachings, where is the Christian equivalent of the Quran? (that Jesus (pbuh) is quoted to be preaching in the Bible.)
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 05 October 2011 at 1:57pm

truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 6:49pm

Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

truthnowcome wrote: It seems to me Mr. Jack and Reepicheep agree with all that I have explained here.

Well, I can't speak for Jack, but I certainly don't agree with what you wrote.

Let's go back and review your initial premise which lead to all your bizarre rants and cut and pastes:

Some English language translations of the bible contain the word "gospel". The word "gospel" has two meanings. When reading the bible, it is impossible to know which meaning to use. Therefore, Christianity is a false religion.

Only the most simple minded of fools would accept your claim as being true. Since everything you wrote is based upon the above premise, all the stuff you subsequently wrote is clearly nonsense. So, I feel no need to reply to your posts.

A house built upon sand cannot stand (Matthew chapter 7). Likewise, an argument built upon false axioms is nothing but lies and nonsense. But, please don't let me stop you. If you feel compelled to continue your rant, then go ahead. But don't be under the delusion that you are revealing some "great truth" through your posts.

Reepicheep, I had in mind you would have come out from your hole! If my argument built on as you call it, false axioms and say it nothing but lies; prove me wrong!

It is you who said: �the greek word in the bible manuscripts is εὐαγγέλιον which can be literally� translated into English as �good news��. The rest of translations are opinions of Christian�s scholars, exa. Godspell, gospel and gostspell, etc.

What I have done first is to establish the usage of the word and I have given this two examples:

Here in Luke the word used to anounced the birth of John (S): Link of whole chapter: Luke 1

Lu 1:19 The angel answered and said to him, "I am Gabriel, who stands in the presenceof God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to bring you this good news.

The word used here to announce the birth of Jesus (S). Link of whole chapter: Luke 2

Lu 2:10 But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good newsof great joy which will be for all the people;

And I have said: �As you can see the word �Good News� is used to make spicial anouncement of importance.

So when it was used to announce Jesus (S) message the same application applies.

Mt 4:23

And Jesus went about (5707) all Galilee, teaching (5723) in their synagogues, and preaching (5723) the gospel (Good News) of the kingdom, and healing (5723) all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Jesus (S) was announcing to Good News of the coming of God�s kingdom on earth, he was teaching and preaching to the people the Good news of God�s kingdom; and I heve give you a barage of proof that the Good News of God�s Kingdom was a message and you can�t refute me, you call it, false axioms and say it nothing but lies. IF IT IS A LIE PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!!! IT CANNOT BE A LIE ONLESS IT IS PROVEN TO BE SO!

Let us look at it again: We can�t say, for example instead of using the literal meaning �Good News� and used �god spell or gospell which has no meaning except the spell of the gost; it would not be applacable to the birt of John or Jesus (S).

Example:

We can�t read, The angel answered and said to him, "I am Gabriel, who stands in the presenceof God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to bring you this gospel or godspell. Lu 1:19. I have to be Good News!

Again: But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you gospel or godspell of great joy which will be for all the people; Lu 2:10. It has to be Good news!

So how can you say the word have two meanings when you haven�t proven to me how? Show me from the writhings, prove me wrong! Prove me to be lierd! Prove me to be false! Dont show me some scholars� opinnion of the word! I have given you two verses as my proof. Let me give you one more.

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of haven, having the everlasting gospel (THE EVERLASTING GOOD NEWS) to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people. Saying with aloud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come.� (Rev.14:6-7)

Same word used there to preach (to announce something that is of highly importante) the comming Judgment / the universal message.

Prove me wrong!

TRUTHNOWCOME

LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic