IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - a new member  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a new member

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mangomotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a new member
    Posted: 26 August 2011 at 5:37am
Ramadan Mubarak to you all!
Have been reading the Forum (sneakily Wink) for the last few months... finally signed up yesterday.
I'm a not-so-recent convert (nearly 3 years) living in Ireland. Looking forward to some good exchange.
I, like so many others living in non-Muslim countries, feel a bit isolated. And as I'm full-time in work, find it difficult to make effort to go to Mosque... or maybe I'm just lazy?  Embarrassed
May Allah bless you and accept your good deeds
Mangomotte
Ghazzali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghazzali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2011 at 1:23pm
Walaikumussalam sister. Welcome to islamicity. When i come to know that u feel isolated living in a non-muslim country, i realize that living among the muslims is a blessing from Allah. Most muslims living in a muslim country just take it for granted. There are mosques everywhere, halal food everywhere, etc. It is only when we interact with muslims like u that we come to realize how blessed we are. So please continue sharing ur experiences, the little things in day to day life that many of us dont know, of living as a muslim in Ireland. May Allah bless u. Assalamualaikum.
The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2011 at 5:59pm
Wa alaikum salaam, welcome!
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2011 at 6:00pm
Wa alaikum salaam, Ramadan Kareem; welcome!
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 6:47am
Ramadhan Mubarak to you too Mangomotte!

Welcome to IC forum! I hope you like it here :)

May Allah reward you for the struggles you have to go through as Muslim convert .. and that too on your own without a community! Muslims like you are an inspiration to me!

Look forward to interacting with you...

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Mangomotte View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mangomotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 5:48am
Hi and Eid Mubarak in case it is Eid wherever you are!
Thanks for your messages + greetings.
Am bit busy at moment (work, Eid, cooking, eating LOL....)
More sooooooon!
Mangomotte
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2011 at 9:47am

Assalamu Alaikum,

Welcome to Islam and the forum.  Please feel at home. Regardless of the place one belongs to, Muslims are part of one ummah. May Allah help us overcome our shortcomings and help us guide humanity.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic