IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - US Rapper Finds Happiness in Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

US Rapper Finds Happiness in Islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: US Rapper Finds Happiness in Islam
    Posted: 23 August 2011 at 4:10am

http://www.onislam.net/english/news/3338/453485.html

US Rapper Finds Happiness in Islam

(6 votes, average 2.67 out of 5)
OnIslam & News Agencies
Sunday, 14 August 2011 09:40
"Go back to the simplicity, the essence of Islam," Amir said.

DUBAI � In his desperate search for happiness, the life of Chauncey Lamont Hawkins, a former US rapper who enjoyed life luxuries of fame and money, has totally changed after a visit to the Gulf Arab city of Abu Dhabi, the Gulf News reported on Sunday, August 14.

"I came here as a rapper and left a Muslim," Hawkins (Loon), who changed his name to Amir Junaid Muhadith, told a Ramadan Forum in Dubai on Friday.

Amir was formerly part of P. Diddy's Bad Boy Records, where he released his self-titled debut album, �Loon'.

Enjoying fame and fortunes, he, however, did not find happiness.  

"I had it all," he said.

"I travelled the world, I had expensive cars, I had diamonds. Maybe it was a bit addictive in the beginning, but I was never happy," he said.

During a visit to Abu Dhabi in 2008, the Muslim American rapper was attracted to the way Muslims deal with each others, which wiped out all media rumors about violent Muslims.

"It was how Muslims conducted themselves that attracted me to Islam," said the former rapper in his talk on the �Pursuit of Happiness.'

"I was inspired by the Muslim culture and I admired their refined morals, their kind treatment of people� and especially the regular routine of going to pray five times every day."

Although there are no official figures, the United States is believed to be home to between 6-8 million Muslims.

A US survey has revealed that the majority of Americans know very little about Muslims and their faith.

Messenger

Inspiring others around the world, Amir has toured different countries and cities including Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada, to tell his pursuit of happiness to Islam.

"Go back to the simplicity, the essence of Islam," said the soft-spoken former rapper.

"That is your means to happiness."

Embracing Islam, Amir says he found peace which he had never found in his earlier lifestyle.

The positive change in his life drove his wife and son to revert to Islam as well.

"Bad Boys days are over," Amir said.  

�Now I am what you call a good boy.�

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic