IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islam # Taoism  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islam # Taoism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iAsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islam # Taoism
    Posted: 14 August 2011 at 11:21am
First, peace and blessings to all regardless of their gender, race, religion or culture.

I wanted to ask...
What's the difference between the purpose of life and the afterlife between Islam and Taoism? (are there any similarities between the two religions on this point?)
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 2:54am

Hello iAsk,
Greetings and welome to the forum!

I suggest you learn Islam here and then find a reliable source to learn Taoism. A search on the internet may also provide you some idea about your concerns. A comparative study of these two subjects requires some effort.

Here is a link about how people often approach various faiths and then Islam at the end. It may give you some idea with regards to your relevant concern.  

At any rate, please feel free to ask specific questions about Islam, and I hope that these would be addressed appropriately.

May Allah (God) guide us all.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker - 17 August 2011 at 2:55am
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
taoist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taoist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 8:22pm
 ask, Islam and Taoism are as far apart as east and west.  I have studied Taoism for many years , thus my sign in name. In Islam you have a God that is personal and has interest in you.  In Taoism the Tao does not hear prayers nor favors any person or thing over another.  Totally passive as far as individuals. I would suggest you read the Tao te Ching by Stephen Mitchell if you have not already.  Then read the Quran . Also Taoism has many schools of thought and a pantheon of Gods. But not all sects.  Get some books by Ding Ming Dao , easy readying very informative.  As far as the after life , in the Tao  their is no heaven or hell.  You basically do not exisit and become whorm food. It is a VERY large topic and i could not possibly answer is on this form .  Read  and learn . Taoist.Ying%20Yang
iAsk View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iAsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2011 at 4:04am
Thank you both for your replies. I learnt new things.

Take care!
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 12:44am
Originally posted by iAsk iAsk wrote:

Thank you both for your replies. I learnt new things.

Take care!

You are welcome. Smile

May Allah enlighten you with more knowledge and wisdom. May He make your your quest easy and pleasant. 

Peace 

Edited by peacemaker - 13 September 2011 at 3:25am
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
taoist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taoist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 7:50pm
You are welcome iask .  If you have any questions in the future feel free to ask and i will do my best to answer them .Ying%20Yang  I am NOT an expert by any means , but have a good general grasp of it .
Taiji_Tao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taiji_Tao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 1:39pm

Edited by Taiji_Tao - 24 November 2015 at 5:56pm
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 5:44pm
Hi Taiji Tao.  If I may ask a question.  I thought the Chinese word for God was Shangdi.  What is the difference between Shangdi and Tao?   
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic