IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - i have a question  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i have a question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoknow? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2011 at 9:34pm
salam,

thank you sisters so much for the truth, and for the support. i talked to my lawyer yesterday and she says that my next court date i might be able to get a permanent parenting order, and the kids can stay with me this is a huge step for me, we have been going to court since may, and man those judges are so harsh, i really thought i would loose the kids, and so did he but with the grace of allah, i might not have to worry about custody anymore
travel2hajj View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travel2hajj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 4:09am
i think there's no question of going back to your husband..you cant say that now he will treat you in a better way..

Edited by travel2hajj - 17 August 2011 at 4:12am
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2011 at 1:48am
Salaam Sister,

Please keep us posted!

My Allah keep you and your children well.

Hayfa
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
seeja View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seeja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 6:09am

Salam Sisters

I really have doubt about step-sibling marriage is forbidden or not.

I thing children from different parents can be married as per the Islamic law

Please confirm.

Islam (Total Surrender, Submission, Obedience, Sincerity and Peace with Allah) is for all people, in all places and in all times
whoknow? View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoknow? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2011 at 8:36pm
salamz everyone,

we have resolved the custody, woohoo!!

so, i get primary care(this isn't full custody) and he gets a lot of time with the kids.

i have to say it is very frustrating but i am so happy that part is done and over, we just have a few more things to take care of then we are done.

thank god!!

there was a woman who asked if i could go back try again, i did an assessment when i went into the shelter, one of them was a danger assessment. the conclusion was that he would have eventually would have killed me. he was leading down that road. my abuse assessment was the abuse was ongoing and serious, it was getting worse as the years went by. i believe that speaks for itself.
Wardah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 8:26am
Waslam sister

You are right sister siblings from different parents mean both of them are different, these kind of siblings are na-mehram for each other and they can marry. Only the siblings from same parents and the sibling where mothers are same but fathers are different or fathers are same but mothers are different are mehram to each other and they can not marry withe each other. Here I give you an example when a woman with kids from her ex-husband marry to a man with kids from his ex=wife than, those children are ne-mahram for each other and they can marry, because they from tow different parents not the father niether the mother is same. So, it is better to not call them "siblings" cuz they are not "blood realtives" to each other in any way. Plus please read Al-Nissa from Quran it would help.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2011 at 8:22pm
Salaams Sister,

I am glad it seems to be resolving for you in a positive manner.

My duas for you and your family.

Hayfa
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
whoknow? View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoknow? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2011 at 10:02am
really?? that means i can only marry a man who has no children. i have both a girl and boy, so it's not as if it would be easy to marry a man who only has a girl(s) or only a boy(s). or wait till they grow up and then be happy with a man. i'm not saying that i want to marry right this moment, but in the future it would be something i would like to do.

thanx sister, despite a few arguments things have been fairly amicable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic