IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are you a true believer?Check Your Facts!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are you a true believer?Check Your Facts!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarkeranwar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are you a true believer?Check Your Facts!
    Posted: 02 September 2005 at 12:40am

In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful. All the praises and thanks be to All�h, the Lord of the 'Alam�n (mankind, jinns and all that exists).

Assalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

I have done some research in regard to what should be the characteristics and attributes of the �true believers� in light of the Holy Quran recently. Although there are numerous Verses which clarify the characteristics, attributes and duties of the believers I have only quoted some of them here which I think will be beneficial to you Insha Allah. Due to lack of time, I was unable to quote many noble Ahadith which also clarify the characteristics, attributes and duties of the true believers. Insha Allah, I want to research them in the future.

Lets find out as to whether you are a true believer or not!   

If you claim to be believers then you must have believed in Allah, His Angels, His Books, His Messengers, the Last Day (Day of Resurrection) and Al-Qadar (Divine Preordainments). As believers you do not make any distinction between one another of Allah�s Messengers (peace be upon them all) and you say �We hear, and we obey�. Here are the evidences! Allah says in the Holy Quran (interpretation of the meaning):

2:285. The Messenger (Muhammad SAW) believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in Allah, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. They say, "We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers" - and they say, "We hear, and we obey. (We seek) Your Forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return (of all)."

4:136. O you who believe! Believe in Allah, and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW), and the Book (the Quran) which He has sent down to His Messenger, and the Scripture which He sent down to those before (him), and whosoever disbelieves in Allah, His Angels, His Books, His Messengers, and the Last Day, then indeed he has strayed far away.

54:49. Verily, We have created all things with Qadar (Divine Preordainments of all things before their creation, as written in the Book of Decrees Al-Lauh Al-Mahfuz).

57:22. No calamity befalls on the earth or in yourselves but is inscribed in the Book of Decrees (Al-Lauh Al-Mahfuz), before We bring it into existence. Verily, that is easy for Allah.

64:11. No calamity befalls, but with the Leave [i.e. decision and Qadar (Divine Preordainments)] of Allah, and whosoever believes in Allah, He guides his heart [to the true Faith with certainty, i.e. what has befallen him was already written for him by Allah from the Qadar (Divine Preordainments)], and Allah is the All-Knower of everything.

Do you really believe when you say you believe? Lets check your facts! If you are true believers then:

-you feel a fear in your hearts when Allah is mentioned

-when Allah�s Verses (the Quran) are recited unto you it increases you in faith

-you put your trust in Allah Alone

-you perform As-Sal�t (Iq�mat­as­Sal�t) and spend out of that Allah has provided you

The above are the attributes of believers in truth as Allah says in the Holy Quran (interpretation of the meaning):

8:2-4. The believers are only those who, when All�h is mentioned, feel a fear in their hearts and when His Verses (this Qur'�n) are recited unto them, they (i.e. the Verses) increase their Faith; and they put their trust in their Lord (Alone); Who perform As-Sal�t (Iq�mat­as­Sal�t) and spend out of that We have provided them. It is they who are the believers in truth. For them are grades of dignity with their Lord, and Forgiveness and a generous provision (Paradise).

How do you prove your fear of Allah? How do you know whether you are under the guidance of Allah or not?  It is easy! See whether you have the following feelings or not.

If you say you fear Allah then:

-        your skins shiver when you recite the Quran or hear it           

-          and then you find your skins & hearts soften to the remembrance of Allah

If you have such feelings then you fear Allah and you are under Allah�s guidance. Here is the evidence! Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

39:23. All�h has sent down the best statement, a Book (this Qur'�n), its parts resembling each other in goodness and truth, oft-repeated. The skins of those who fear their Lord shiver from it (when they recite it or hear it). Then their skin and their heart soften to the remembrance of All�h. That is the guidance of All�h. He Guides therewith whom He pleases and whomever All�h sends astray, for him there is no guide.

If you claim to be believers then you love Allah much. You are humble & merciful to other believers and you are stern & severe against the disbelievers. You fight in the Way of Allah and you are never afraid of the blame of the blamers. You fight those of the disbelievers who are near you and you let them find harshness in you. Allah�s statements (interpretation of the meaning):

48:29. Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves�

5:54. O you who believe! Whoever from among you turns back from his religion (Islam), Allah will bring a people whom He will love and they will love Him; humble towards the believers, stern towards the disbelievers, fighting in the Way of Allah, and never afraid of the blame of the blamers. That is the Grace of Allah which He bestows on whom He wills. And Allah is All­Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All­Knower.

9:123. O you who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are close to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who are the Al-Muttaqun (the pious - see V.2:2).

If you claim to be believers then you have not taken as your Bitanah (advisors, consultants, protectors, helpers, friends, etc.) nor as Auliya' (friends, protectors, helpers, etc.) those outside your religion (i.e. pagans, Jews, Christians, and hypocrites). Moreover, you do not make friendship with those who oppose All�h and His Messenger (Muhammad peace be upon him), even though they were your fathers, or your sons, or your brothers, or your kindred (people). Allah says in the Holy Quran (interpretation of the meaning):

3:118. O you who believe! Take not as (your) Bitanah (advisors, consultants, protectors, helpers, friends, etc.) those outside your religion (pagans, Jews, Christians, and hypocrites) since they will not fail to do their best to corrupt you. They desire to harm you severely. Hatred has already appeared from their mouths, but what their breasts conceal is far worse. Indeed We have made plain to you the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses) if you understand.

4:139. Those who take disbelievers for Auliya' (protectors or helpers or friends) instead of believers, do they seek honour, power and glory with them? Verily, then to Allah belongs all honour, power and glory.

4:144. O you who believe! Take not for Auliya' (protectors or helpers or friends) disbelievers instead of believers. Do you wish to offer Allah a manifest proof against yourselves?

5:51. O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Auliya' (friends, protectors, helpers, etc.), they are but Auliya' to one another. And if any amongst you takes them as Auliya', then surely he is one of them. Verily, Allah guides not those people who are the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong­doers and unjust).

58:22. You (O Muhammad SAW) will not find any people who believe in All�h and the Last Day, making friendship with those who oppose All�h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW ), even though they were their fathers, or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred (people). For such He has written Faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with R�h (proofs, light and true guidance) from Himself. And We will admit them to Gardens (Paradise) under which rivers flow, to dwell therein (forever). All�h is pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the Party of All�h. Verily, it is the Party of All�h that will be the successful.

If you claim to be believers then you have taken only Allah, His Messenger (peace be upon him) and the believers, - those who perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat, and they bow down (submit themselves with obedience to Allah in prayer) as your Wali (Protector or Helper). If you claim to be believers then you are Auliya' (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another. You enjoin (on the people) Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden); you perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) and give the Zakat, and obey Allah and His Messenger. You believe no one except the one who follows your religion. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

5:55-56. Verily, your Wali (Protector or Helper) is Allah, His Messenger, and the believers, - those who perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat, and they bow down (submit themselves with obedience to Allah in prayer). And whosoever takes All�h, His Messenger, and those who have believed, as Protectors, then the party of All�h will be the victorious

9:71. The believers, men and women, are Auliya' (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another, they enjoin (on the people) Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden); they perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) and give the Zakat, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah will have His Mercy on them. Surely Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.

3:73. And believe no one except the one who follows your religion. Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily! Right guidance is the Guidance of Allah" and do not believe that anyone can receive like that which you have received (of Revelation) except when he follows your religion, otherwise they would engage you in argument before your Lord. Say (O Muhammad SAW): "All the bounty is in the Hand of Allah; He grants to whom He wills. And Allah is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, the All-Knower."

If say you are believers then you seek refuge with Allah & remember Allah whenever an evil whisper & thought come to you from Shaitan (Satan). Because Allah has commanded you to do that. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

7:200. And if an evil whisper comes to you from Shaitan (Satan) then seek refuge with Allah. Verily, He is All-Hearer, All-Knower.

7:201. Verily, those who are Al-Muttaq�n (the pious - see V.2:2), when an evil thought comes to them from Shait�n (Satan), they remember (All�h), and (indeed) they then see (aright).

16:98. So when you want to recite the Quran, seek refuge with Allah from Shaitan (Satan), the outcast (the cursed one).

23:97-98. And say: "My Lord! I seek refuge with You from the whisperings (suggestions) of the Shayatin (devils). "And I seek refuge with You, My Lord! lest they may attend (or come near) me."

41:36. And if an evil whisper from Shaitan (Satan) tries to turn you away (O Muhammad SAW) (from doing good, etc.), then seek refuge in Allah. Verily, He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower. 

If say you believe then you follow that which Allah & His Messenger (peace be upon him) have decreed whether it fits your mind or not or whether you like it or not. You obey Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him) and those who are in authority. You neither contradict the Messenger (peace be upon him) nor oppose him. If there is any dispute among yourselves you resolve the dispute based on the rulings of Shariah (i.e. Quran and Sunnah) and you do not influence the judgment of the dispute by your whims and desire. As faithful believers, your only saying is �We hear and we obey�.  Allah says in the Holy Quran (interpretation of the meaning):

4:59. O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad SAW), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger (SAW), if you believe in Allah and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination.

33:36. It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed in a plain error.

4:65. But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (O Muhammad SAW) judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission.

4:115. And whoever contradicts and opposes the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) after the right path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the believers' way. We shall keep him in the path he has chosen, and burn him in Hell - what an evil destination.

24:51. The only saying of the faithful believers, when they are called to Allah (His Words, the Quran) and His Messenger (SAW), to judge between them, is that they say: "We hear and we obey." And such are the prosperous ones (who will live forever in Paradise).

If you are believers then you love Allah more than anything else, you have submitted to His Wills and thus you do everything for the sake of Allah Alone. You fear Him and do your duty to Him. You seek the means to approach Him and strive hard in His Cause with your wealth & lives. And you do not doubt after you have believed and you do not follow the footsteps of Shaitan. Allah says in the Holy Quran (interpretation of the meaning):

2:165. And of mankind are some who take (for worship) others besides Allah as rivals (to Allah). They love them as they love Allah. But those who believe, love Allah more (than anything else). If only, those who do wrong could see, when they will see the torment, that all power belongs to Allah and that Allah is Severe in punishment.

2:208. O you who believe! Enter perfectly in Islam (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islamic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Shaitan (Satan). Verily! He is to you a plain enemy.

3:102. O you who believe! Fear Allah (by doing all that He has ordered and by abstaining from all that He has forbidden) as He should be feared. [Obey Him, be thankful to Him, and remember Him always], and die not except in a state of Islam (as Muslims) with complete submission to Allah.

5:35. O you who believe! Do your duty to Allah and fear Him. Seek the means of approach to Him, and strive hard in His Cause as much as you can. So that you may be successful.

6:162. Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Sal�t (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for All�h, the Lord of the 'Alam�n (mankind, jinns and all that exists).

49:15. Only those are the believers who have believed in All�h and His Messenger, and afterward doubt not but strive with their wealth and their lives for the Cause of All�h. Those! They are the truthful.

If you say you truly believe then you stand out firmly for Allah as just witness even though it is against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, be he rich or poor. Your enmity & hatred of others do not make you avoid justice. Allah says in the Holy Quran (interpretation of the meaning):  

4:135. O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even though it be against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, be he rich or poor, Allah is a Better Protector to both (than you). So follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you may avoid justice, and if you distort your witness or refuse to give it, verily, Allah is Ever Well­Acquainted with what you do.

5:8. O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allah and be just witnesses and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety, and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Well­Acquainted with what you do.

If you truly believe then you fight in the Cause of Allah against the friends of Shaitan and those who fight you & those who spread Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah). You fight to establish the Shariah of Allah. You fight for the weak, ill­treated and oppressed among men, women, and children. And when you meet the disbelievers in the battlefield, you never turn your backs to them.  Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

2:190. And fight in the Way of Allah those who fight you, but transgress not the limits. Truly, Allah likes not the transgressors.

2:193. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allah (Alone). But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)

4:75. And what is wrong with you that you fight not in the Cause of Allah, and for those weak, ill­treated and oppressed among men, women, and children, whose cry is: "Our Lord! Rescue us from this town whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from You one who will protect, and raise for us from You one who will help."

4:76. Those who believe, fight in the Cause of Allah, and those who disbelieve, fight in the cause of Taghut (Satan, etc.). So fight you against the friends of Shaitan (Satan); Ever feeble indeed is the plot of Shaitan (Satan).

8:39. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.

8:15-16. O you who believe! When you meet those who disbelieve, in a battle-field, never turn your backs to them. And whoever turns his back to them on such a day - unless it be a stratagem of war, or to retreat to a troop (of his own), - he indeed has drawn upon himself wrath from All�h. And his abode is Hell, and worst indeed is that destination!

You do not scoff nor defame nor insult one another even though they belong to a different group. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): 

49:11. O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former; nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former, nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it, to insult one's brother after having Faith [i.e. to call your Muslim brother (a faithful believer) as: "O sinner", or "O wicked", etc.]. And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Zalimun (wrong-doers, etc.).

There exist a lot of brothers today who lack basic understandings of Islam yet they are �experts� on the Christian literatures (Bible)! Little they know that it is not obligatory on them to learn Christian literatures to propagate Islam. The Holy Quran & Sunnah/Ahadith are adequate in the propagation of Islam. Nevertheless, many brothers spend their valuable times in studying Christian literatures instead of the Holy Quran & Sunnah even though acquiring knowledge in the Holy Quran and Sunnah is obligatory for every muslim!

Allah has commanded the believers to ward off from themselves and their families a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones. Therefore, it is obligatory for every believer to do their best in warding off the Fire (Hell) from himself and his family. How on earth a believer can expect to fulfill this obligation towards himself and his family without having proper knowledge in Islam? No one can! This is the point the brothers need to understand! So, if you are true believers you would care the salvation of yourself and your family more then that of the disbelievers because it is your obligatory duty. Allah�s statement (interpretation of the meaning):  

66:6. O you who believe! Ward off from yourselves and your families a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not, (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allah, but do that which they are commanded.

If you claim to be believers then performing As-Salat (Iqamat­as­ Salat) is not difficult for you! You perform the As-Salat (Iqamat­as­ Salat) at their fixed hours and you are constant in guarding your Salat and you fast! You seek help in patience and in As-Salat (the prayer). After performing As-Salat you remember Allah standing, sitting down, and lying down on your sides. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

2:45. And seek help in patience and As-Salat (the prayer) and truly it is extremely heavy and hard except for Al-Khashi�un [i.e. the true believers in Allah � those who obey Allah with full submission, fear much from His Punishment, and believe in His Promise (Paradise, etc.) and in His Warnings (Hell, etc.)].

2:153. O you who believe! Seek help in patience and As-Salat (the prayer). Truly! Allah is with As-Sabirin (the patient ones, etc.).

4:103. When you have finished As-Salat (the prayer � congregational), remember Allah standing, sitting down, and lying down on your sides, but when you are free from danger, perform As-Salat (Iqamat­as­ Salat). Verily, the prayer is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours.

6:92� Those who believe in the Hereafter believe in (the Quran), and they are constant in guarding their Salat (prayers).

2:183. O you who believe! Observing As-Saum (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqun (the pious � see V.2:2).

A lot of brothers and sisters ask a lot of unnecessary questions which are not beneficial in regard to their duties to Allah. Moreover, many brothers and sisters make statements or give rulings (fatwa) on Islamic issues even though they have no knowledge on such issues!  Because of Allah�s commands, true believers do not indulge in issues which do not concern them and the true believers do not make statements on Islamic issues which they have no sure knowledge! Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

5:101-102. O you who believe! Ask not about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble. But if you ask about them while the Qur'�n is being revealed, they will be made plain to you. All�h has forgiven that, and All�h is Oft­Forgiving, Most Forbearing. Before you, a community asked such questions, then on that account they became disbelievers.

16:116. And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: "This is lawful and this is forbidden," so as to invent lies against Allah. Verily, those who invent lies against Allah will never prosper.

17:36. And follow not (O man i.e., say not, or do not or witness not, etc.) that of which you have no knowledge (e.g. one's saying: "I have seen," while in fact he has not seen, or "I have heard," while he has not heard). Verily! The hearing, and the sight, and the heart, of each of those you will be questioned (by Allah).

Allah has given the believers the ability to identify the hypocrites! If you have the knowledge and insight then you can surely identify the hypocrites even though there are no visible marks of hypocrisy in them! How? By the tone of their speech that reveals their intentions! Allah says in the Holy Quran (interpretation of the meaning):

2:8. And of mankind, there are some (hypocrites) who say: "We believe in All�h and the Last Day" while in fact they believe not.

2:9. They (think to) deceive All�h and those who believe, while they only deceive themselves, and perceive (it) not!

2:10. In their hearts is a disease (of doubt and hypocrisy) and All�h has increased their disease. A painful torment is theirs because they used to tell lies.

47:29-30. Or do those in whose hearts is a disease (of hypocrisy), think that All�h will not bring to light all their hidden ill-wills? Had We willed, We could have shown them to you, and you should have known them by their marks, but surely, you will know them by the tone of their speech! And Allah knows all your deeds.

As true believers you do not eat Riba (usury) neither you drink any alcoholic drink. You do not gamble & you neither inherit women against their will nor treat them with harshness. You live with them hounarably. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

3:130. O you who believe! Eat not Riba (usury) doubled and multiplied, but fear Allah that you may be successful.

5:90. O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), gambling, Al­Ansab, and Al­Azlam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaitan's (Satan) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful.

4:19. O you who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will, and you should not treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the Mahr you have given them, unless they commit open illegal sexual intercourse. And live with them honourably. If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and Allah brings through it a great deal of good.

As believers you do not waste your wealth in the manner of spendthrifts.  You give what is due to the kindred, Misk�n (poor) and the wayfarer. You speak to them soft kind words if you have no money at the time they ask you for it. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

17:26. And give to the kindred his due and to the Misk�n (poor) and to the wayfarer. But spend not wastefully (your wealth) in the manner of a spendthrift.  [Tafsir. At-Tabar�, Vol. 10, Page 158 (Verse 9: 60)].

17:27. Verily, spendthrifts are brothers of the Shayat�n (devils), and the Shait�n (Devil ­ Satan) is ever ungrateful to his Lord.

17:28. And if you (O Muhammad SAW) turn away from them (kindred, poor, wayfarer, etc. whom We have ordered you to give their rights, but if you have no money at the time they ask you for it) and you are awaiting a mercy from your Lord for which you hope, then, speak unto them a soft kind word (i.e. All�h will give me and I shall give you).

17:29. And let not your hand be tied (like a miser) to your neck, nor stretch it forth to its utmost reach (like a spendthrift), so that you become blameworthy and in severe poverty.

17:30. Truly, your Lord enlarges the provision for whom He wills and straitens (for whom He wills). Verily, He is Ever All-Knower, All-Seer of His slaves.

As believers, you do not waste your times in idle talks (i.e.music, singing, etc.) neither waste your time in pursuing those who take their religion as play and amusement except to remind them with the Quran. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

31:6. And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e.music, singing, etc.) to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allah, the Verses of the Quran) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment (in the Hell-fire).

6:70. And leave alone those who take their religion as play and amusement, and are deceived by the life of this world. But remind (them) with it (the Qur'�n) lest a person be given up to destruction for that which he has earned, when he will find for himself no protector or intercessor besides All�h, and even if he offers every ransom, it will not be accepted from him. Such are they who are given up to destruction because of that which they have earned. For them will be a drink of boiling water and a painful torment because they used to disbelieve.

If you say you truly believe then you do not join anyone with Allah in worship and you are good, kind & dutiful to your parents. You obey your parents as long as they do not strive to stop you from fulfilling your Islamic duties. You are good to kinsfolk, orphans, Al-Masakin (the poor), the neighbour who is near of kin, the neighbour who is a stranger, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (you meet), and those (slaves) whom your right hands possess. Allah�s statements (interpretation of the meaning):

4:36. Worship Allah and join none with Him in worship, and do good to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, Al-Masakin (the poor), the neighbour who is near of kin, the neighbour who is a stranger, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (you meet), and those (slaves) whom your right hands possess. Verily, Allah does not like such as are proud and boastful;

17:23. And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour.

29:8. And We have enjoined on man to be good and dutiful to his parents, but if they strive to make you join with Me (in worship) anything (as a partner) of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not. Unto Me is your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do.

31:14. And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years give thanks to Me and to your parents, unto Me is the final destination.

46:15. And We have enjoined on man to be dutiful and kind to his parents. His mother bears him with hardship and she brings him forth with hardship, and the bearing of him, and the weaning of him is thirty (30) months, till when he attains full strength and reaches forty years, he says: "My Lord! Grant me the power and ability that I may be grateful for Your Favour which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and that I may do righteous good deeds, such as please You, and make my off-spring good. Truly, I have turned to You in repentance, and truly, I am one of the Muslims (submitting to Your Will)."

If you say you truly believe then you are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind. You enjoin Al-Ma'ruf on people (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden), and you believe in Allah. You show forgiveness and you do not punish the foolish. You perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) and give the Zakat, and obey Allah and His Messenger. You are Auliya' (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another i.e. you help, supports and protect other believers!  Allah�s statements (interpretation of the meaning):

3:110. You [true believers in Islamic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad SAW and his Sunnah (legal ways, etc.)] are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden), and you believe in Allah. And had the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) believed, it would have been better for them; among them are some who have faith, but most of them are Al-Fasiqun (disobedient to Allah - and rebellious against Allah's Command).

7:199. Show forgiveness, enjoin what is good, and turn away from the foolish (i.e. don't punish them).

9:71. The believers, men and women, are Auliya' (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another, they enjoin (on the people) Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden); they perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) and give the Zakat, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah will have His Mercy on them. Surely Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.

Those are some of the characteristics and attributes of the true believers. Where do you stand?

May Allah have mercy on you, me and all those who believe. May Allah�s blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammd, his family & companions.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic